Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The link should be in your Tesla app scroll right in your order menu to the Final Payment page. If not, message the SA and they will hook you up.
Thanks - the [Start] button is greyed out. I've texted the SA I've been working with to fix that.

BTW - People keep mentioning "messaging through the Tesla app" but I'm not seeing a way to do that. There is the messages icon in the upper right (looks like 3 dots in a cartoon bubble) but I can only read messages sent to me. I do not see how to send one. Up to now, I've just been sending text messages from my phone - NotTheTeslaApp. ;)

Thanks - the [Start] button is greyed out. I've texted the SA I've been working with to fix that.

BTW - People keep mentioning "messaging through the Tesla app" but I'm not seeing a way to do that. There is the messages icon in the upper right (looks like 3 dots in a cartoon bubble) but I can only read messages sent to me. I do not see how to send one. Up to now, I've just been sending text messages from my phone - NotTheTeslaApp. ;)
Open the message icon on the Tesla app with the 3 dots. Press on the last message received and a text message box will appear below. They normally respond promptly.

This makes me laugh a bit … or want to cry.

“According to Tesla's official model assignment table, released in April, the Tesla Fremont Factory has an output of up to 600,000 cars per year (more than 1,640 per day, assuming 365 days), including 100,000 Model S/Model X and 500,000 Model 3 and Model Y.”

That works out to more than 1 car a minute overall or a model s/x about every 5 minutes…. And here we all wait 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Unfortunately I had to reject my car last week due to touchup paint spots. I am not an expert, but you could visibly see and feel it. Not a huge area but in my opinion unacceptable for a $80k purchase. Fortunately the general manager of the dealership concurred.
damn that blows. how long are they making you wait? you should get a loaner S plaid while you wait for their mistake

Reactions: mistaDubZ
Just wow. That is TERRIBLE. Would be unacceptable even for a certified or refurbished used car. Can’t believe they tried passing that off as “new” sheesh. Good on you for catching it and rejecting! Hopefully the next one is better.
Consider who is in charge of Tesla customer support and sales. Consider what he did to another company recently. Then all will be clear.

BTW, this is their response to the claims of them using touchup paint prior to delivery:
Screenshot_20240312_000641_Tesla.jpg_compressed.JPEG

I’ve had an order (white MSLR/19””Wheel) since 1/2 and am in the Bay Area as well. Still no VIN. If I was running logistics at Tesla I’d probably put this order at the end of the month to provide time to ship other orders across the country in order to increase the chances of revenue recognition on as many orders as possible.
No VIN and you ordered on January 2nd 2024? And your in the Bay Area ?!
What was your estimated delivery in January when you initially ordered ?

Unfortunately I had to reject my car last week due to touchup paint spots. I am not an expert, but you could visibly see and feel it. Not a huge area but in my opinion unacceptable for a $80k purchase. Fortunately the general manager of the dealership concurred.
I’m glad you rejected. I had a similar issue on my early ‘22 Plaid but it was on the door and it wasn’t as small a section as yours, mine was about 10” long. Mine wasn’t touched up at that time so I had them touch it up and I accepted it since I already sold my other car. In hindsight I should’ve rejected the car.

Reactions: TSLA Pilot
damn that blows. how long are they making you wait? you should get a loaner S plaid while you wait for their mistake
I know you may find this hard to believe but I do not know. They would not commit to a timeline. My EDD in the app has said 3/8 to 3/15 since last Friday when I rejected the car. It has not changed. Obviously I have no faith I will have a VIN, never mind a car, by this Friday the 15th. Truly is disheartening. I wouldn’t be surprised if they try to deliver me the same vehicle after the local body shop makes the repair. That will be an uncomfortable decision. 😂😂😂

So is the whole camera and RGB lighting thing not a thing after all?
Camera and Mood lighting, Thing 1 and Thing 2.
1000028210.jpg

These rumors create a buzz. They keep us strung along. We're all looking for the next thing coming along. It's that continual change, not like any other. I for one, look forward to software updates for my 2022 MSLR. The next thing is coming.... in two months, six for sure.

Last edited: