Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you reject the car , how long does it typically take for a new one to be assigned ? I’m assuming it probably varies
I've put my order on hold.
I'm sure if you're not on a hold you will get a new vin soon. So many people are waiting it out to see if the rumors are true about the front bumper camera.
If only Tesla would officially come out and say it's false they could actually deliver the S/X before quarter end lol

Reactions: leletyM3
I've put my order on hold.
I'm sure if you're not on a hold you will get a new vin soon. So many people are waiting it out to see if the rumors are true about the front bumper camera.
If only Tesla would officially come out and say it's false they could actually deliver the S/X before quarter end lol
Hmm. Yeah, I forgot about the supercharger miles. Oh well. Guess I'm missing out on those 5,000 miles.

I'm using it now. I'm not sure about accepting delivery. There are a lot of scratches in the clear coat and damage on the underside of the front of the car. I don't know if the next car will be any better, though.

Automatic reject for that....and if you don't make sure they agree to repaint. i.e open a service ticket within 100 miles or 24 hours whichever comes first.

Reactions: aerodyne
The problem is they can't fix most of them. They can't fix paint. Interior pieces maybe can be replaced.

They can repaint but it's not optimal. In Fremont, they started sending rework back to the factory body shop and they did an excellent job on my MXP liftgate even though they never disclosed to me how bad the accident was that damaged it in the first place. The only reason I knew is because the first time they repainted it, was done at a third party body shop. They denied it ever went to a third party body shop and then I showed them the dashcam footage which was re-enabled once it left service mode and the service center. They then claimed it was one of their authorized body shops. When I called them on that showing them it wasn't on their list, their reply was it was on their INTERNAL list. Total BS and just absolute lies left and right. But once it went to the factory body shop, it came back perfect. They never did disclose to me the nature of the damage which also resulted in them replacing the bumper because the body work to repair the damage done by that supposedly authorized body shop shrunk within a week resulting in the paint sinking into the original repair.

Can you tell I'm still bitter about it:confused:

Credit: @NeuroRad

Just too funny:
dc9c37aa-28b9-4fdb-8dd1-b0d27ae38e2c-jpeg.854214