Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's your build date?
IMG_1205.jpeg

I got here at 3:30 pm. And my damn right rear tire was damn near flat. And it’s super windy and a metal pole almost hit the trunk of the car.

Attachments

• IMG_1202.jpeg
    IMG_1202.jpeg
    799.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1206.jpeg
    IMG_1206.jpeg
    500.7 KB · Views: 10
That red is striking. Looks great. Did you end up using the inspection list? I printed it and brought a clip board but I kinda feel like a dick bringing it. Not sure if I will use it or not.
Where can one find a copy of this “inspection list”. Sorry if I missed the post. I would have no issue being a dick and bringing it. If Tesla had better quality control there would be no such thing as an inspection list. Shame on Tesla. Not shame on you for wanting to get what you paid for!

Last edited:
How'd it go? Did you accept delivery?
I accepted delivery.
It went so so. My delivery appointment was for 3pm. I found out that the right rear tire was flat and they replaced it in about an hour. The entire process took about 2 hours. There was some white glue in the interior storage areas. And some strange message on the gauge cluster. I was thinking about rejecting delivery and waiting to see if the front bumper camera rumors were true but I decided to just accept and move on.
IMG_2278.jpeg

I accepted delivery.
It went so so. My delivery appointment was for 3pm. I found out that the right rear tire was flat and they replaced it in about an hour. The entire process took about 2 hours. There was some white glue in the interior storage areas. And some strange message on the gauge cluster. I was thinking about rejecting delivery and waiting to see if the front bumper camera rumors were true but I decided to just accept and move on.
View attachment 1028105
Were you going through a school zone or another zone with an alternative speed limit?

IMG_2292.jpeg
IMG_2289.jpeg
On a positive note your car looks really good in the pics - that color is popping.
Thanks.
Some of the white sticky glue / grease stains or something kinda sucked.
I tried to do my best to inspect.
Also looked and asked around if any other model s x had the upcoming front bumper camera since it was the actually facility where the cars we’re manufactured but the employees wouldn’t give me a straight answer.
IMG_2288.jpeg

IMG_2287.jpeg

IMG_2290.jpeg

IMG_2291.jpeg

The funny thing is once my delivery date was established the EDD info was removed from the app. After I rejected the call, a few hours later the EDD info was back in the app at 3/8/24 to 3/15/24. Essentially six days later, the EDD info just disappeared.

I called and spoke to a Tesla advisor this evening. He drilled down on my account and basically told me that there was no info available other than they were waiting for a car with my specs to be to be completed at the factory for a VIN to be assigned. When asked if he had any idea of the timeline for this process to happen he responded you just need to keep checking your app and email. He had no info. So I guess I am being treated like a brand new order, despite my car being ordered 12/8/23. What a system. The upside is the possibility of a front camera, the downside is another multi-month wait.
Okay. We have the SAME order date (Dec. 8th, 2023) and I've never been assigned a VIN. Maybe that's Tesla's ploy to get buyers to accept... using Man's greatest enemy that is undefeated... TIME. I'm coming up with a nifty formula devised out of waiting for a friggin VIN.

Just mathing... trying to make sense of it all.

Time x Lack of Patience + MLSR with defects = making a Sale while Time x Patience + MLSL with defect = No Sale due to rejection.

The restart button is pushed... Looping... Try again and the cycle repeats until the least defective vehicle is produced or the front bumper camera is equipped.

def acceptance_likelihood(time, patience, defect_penalty, front_camera_appeal):
rejection_likelihood = time * (1 - patience) + defect_penalty
acceptance_likelihood = 1 - rejection_likelihood + front_camera_appeal
return acceptance_likelihood

def rejection_likelihood(time, patience, defect_penalty, patience_penalty):
rejection_likelihood = time * (1 - patience) + defect_penalty + patience_penalty
return rejection_likelihood

acceptance_prob = acceptance_likelihood(time, patience, defect_penalty, front_camera_appeal)
print("Likelihood of acceptance:", acceptance_prob)

rejection_prob = rejection_likelihood(time, patience, defect_penalty, patience_penalty)
print("Likelihood of rejection:", rejection_prob)

Last edited:
Thanks.
Some of the white sticky glue / grease stains or something kinda sucked.
I tried to do my best to inspect.
Also looked and asked around if any other model s x had the upcoming front bumper camera since it was the actually facility where the cars we’re manufactured but the employees wouldn’t give me a straight answer.
View attachment 1028112
View attachment 1028113
View attachment 1028115
View attachment 1028116
The white stuff looks like excess silicon grease used to lube the plastic cover and divider in the center console. Should wipe up pretty easily, unless it actually is glue or something (but I dont know many glue types that are white like that, other than Elmer's glue).

Reactions: kobefan234