Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As mentioned below, if no VIN is assigned it lets me change the config. Another benefit for me was even if I change the color it do3s not change the price for me, so I went from stealth grey to ultra red to blue to stealth grey. But each time you change the config they do say it impacts delivery timeline it’s a standard clause.
Sadly I got the VIN assigned again.

What is the latest update on new changes?

Should I ask SA to drop order because i don't accept the 3miles range reduction in EPA?

Slipping production dates when you've been assigned a VIN and a delivery window has got to be incredibly frustrating.

I just don't think Tesla has much of an incentive to solve this "problem" when the average Model Y buyer right now can get one delivered in a week.

Had they solved the "problem", I would have gladly paid $140K for my MSP. With their current state of quality and service issues, I would never have place the MSP order had they not dropped the price $50K. Seems like that should be enough incentive? :rolleyes:

Reactions: ck1891
The warranty covers defects in paint. Not damage, but factory defects are totally covered. They can't claim it was repainted even if it was. If they admitted that it was repainted after it left the factory, then they'd be admitting it was damaged after it left the factory. If it's a crappy factory job, then it's a factory defect. If they don't address this, then just take them to small claims for $10K and apply that $10K to a full repaint.
I can assert with 1000% certainty that the body was repaired, as I'm a painter myself and have painted car bodies. There's no doubt it was all done in a garage; they didn't even remove the parts for painting but painted directly on the body. I absolutely refuse to accept a repaired car for which I paid the full price. Sure, I could have repainted it myself, but that's a different story; that's a repair. In my understanding, painting means a single layer of paint from the factory, not layers of paint that peel off at the slightest chip.

Unfortunately, I disagree that the window narrows and that means anything. Mine has narrowed repeatedly only to them slip forward. I am in my window again today without a VIN for the 14th time. It will change tomorrow morning as usual. Today also marks three months since I ordered. Something is broken here.

Absolutely, something does seem amiss here. Tomorrow marks the beginning of my new delivery window, yet I'm still without a VIN. While I'm prepared for the possibility of a delay until the first week of April, it's frustrating not having clarity. My main source of frustration is the lack of communication regarding my unfulfilled order, despite it being almost four months since I placed it. Despite reaching out to Tesla, I haven't received any direct responses or explanations. Additionally, when I initially financed through Tesla, I had to reapply after 60 days, only to later realize it resulted in an unnecessary hard inquiry on my credit report. Thankfully, I've since switched to my credit union. Establishing a clear timeframe would help avoid such unnecessary credit checks in the future. Based on my experience, I wouldn't recommend Tesla financing for this reason.
SmartSelect_20240318_220854_Tesla.jpg

Absolutely, something does seem amiss here. Tomorrow marks the beginning of my new delivery window, yet I'm still without a VIN. While I'm prepared for the possibility of a delay until the first week of April, it's frustrating not having clarity. My main source of frustration is the lack of communication regarding my unfulfilled order, despite it being almost four months since I placed it. Despite reaching out to Tesla, I haven't received any direct responses or explanations. Additionally, when I initially financed through Tesla, I had to reapply after 60 days, only to later realize it resulted in an unnecessary hard inquiry on my credit report. Thankfully, I've since switched to my credit union. Establishing a clear timeframe would help avoid such unnecessary credit checks in the future. Based on my experience, I wouldn't recommend Tesla financing for this reason.
View attachment 1029487
Well, since today is done, tomorrow it will time for another change to my EDD. This will be the 14th time it’s changed.

Attachments

• IMG_3160.jpeg
    IMG_3160.jpeg
    409.3 KB · Views: 7
I still prefer Tesla's sales model over the traditional dealership model.
Just went through the unbearably predictable and horrific traditional process with my daughter’s car having purchased two Teslas previously. It was the same stage play I had seen so many times before with con artists around every corner. I do love our Teslas but the ease of the buying process alone will keep me coming back.

Just went through the unbearably predictable and horrific traditional process with my daughter’s car having purchased two Teslas previously. It was the same stage play I had seen so many times before with con artists around every corner. I do love our Teslas but the ease of the buying process alone will keep me coming back.

While I appreciate the lack of haggling, I'll have to say that traditional new and used car dealers are much better at communicating! I have been researching every used red plaid S for sale on the east coast and they are all fantastically responsive. Quick email or text and they get back to you right away with whatever information you want. What a concept, customer service if you want to sell a nearly 100k car....

Absolutely, something does seem amiss here. Tomorrow marks the beginning of my new delivery window, yet I'm still without a VIN. While I'm prepared for the possibility of a delay until the first week of April, it's frustrating not having clarity. My main source of frustration is the lack of communication regarding my unfulfilled order, despite it being almost four months since I placed it. Despite reaching out to Tesla, I haven't received any direct responses or explanations.
Well, since today is done, tomorrow it will time for another change to my EDD. This will be the 14th time it’s changed.
Don't want to get both of your hopes up, but I finally got a VIN assignment this morning and my story is similar to yours. Unfortunate news is that I got pushed out into early April only a day after having my window moved to end of March. But hey I got a VIN so that's exciting!

Hopefully for you both and the other older orders this means they are cleaning up orders to figure out what they can actually deliver in 1Q to start crafting their press release language and getting ahead of the messaging. That or my incessant nagging the last few days made them move me to the top of the list, who knows.

Hopefully final history update below!

Order date 12/04
MSLR/White/White/Wheel/19''

Original EDD Dec 2023-Jan 2024
12/15/23 - Jan 3-Feb 14
01/04/24 - Feb 3-Mar 16
02/05/24 - Feb 16-Mar 22
02/16/24 - Feb 25-Mar 31
02/26/24 - Feb 29-Mar 21
02/29/24 - Mar 17-Mar 31
03/18/24 - Mar 28-Mar 31
03/19/24 - VIN assigned! Apr 4-Apr 11

Don't want to get both of your hopes up, but I finally got a VIN assignment this morning and my story is similar to yours. Unfortunate news is that I got pushed out into early April only a day after having my window moved to end of March. But hey I got a VIN so that's exciting!

Hopefully for you both and the other older orders this means they are cleaning up orders to figure out what they can actually deliver in 1Q to start crafting their press release language and getting ahead of the messaging. That or my incessant nagging the last few days made them move me to the top of the list, who knows.

Hopefully final history update below!

Order date 12/04
MSLR/White/White/Wheel/19''

Original EDD Dec 2023-Jan 2024
12/15/23 - Jan 3-Feb 14
01/04/24 - Feb 3-Mar 16
02/05/24 - Feb 16-Mar 22
02/16/24 - Feb 25-Mar 31
02/26/24 - Feb 29-Mar 21
02/29/24 - Mar 17-Mar 31
03/18/24 - Mar 28-Mar 31
03/19/24 - VIN assigned! Apr 4-Apr 11
Congratulations. Should not have to say that for getting a VIN assigned, but I understand. I don’t see logistically how I could take delivery in MN at this point. Plus, with Minnesota’s blue laws, car dealers must be closed on Sundays, so I can’t take delivery on March 31 even if I wanted.

I started hounding as well. Sending them all of the dates of later orders that have been filled over the last few days. Not sure it helps, but makes me feel better.

Reactions: fupito
Anyone else with the march 2024 model s have a distorted rear windshield? The glass looks warped kinda like a fun house mirror.
Not relative to just 2024s. Percentage of “warping” (for lack of a better term) seems to vary car to car. I have it (November 2021) near the very edges of the windshield and does not distort my field of view. Some users reported up to 15 or 25% of the windshield is distorted. If it is affecting your field of view, schedule service.