Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone of the RGB lighting and front bumper camera yet??? What's the hold up???? :p
I got the retrofit

IMG_6216.jpeg

Car is in the shop now for the pulling issue. I told them that swapping tires makes it go to the other side so it's a tire issue and not alignment. Figured they'd be happy to hear me say it's not actually the car itself. Went for a drive with a tech who agreed that it was probably beyond what he'd call normal. So hopefully they'll figure it out by replacing one or both tires.

Also, they're going to fix the liftgate paint issues which I failed to identify within the first 24 hours / 100 miles. In fact, they're letting me send it to body shop of my choice and letting me make the arrangements for drop off so it doesn't sit in the body shop lot for 12 days. The drop off appointment is April 1st (no joke). The body shop is one that Tesla has used extensively in the past. In fact, it was their exclusive factory repair shop for years before they started handling repairs in house.

Unfortunately, the rubber door seal became loose. I scraped my head against it when getting into the car. I am 6'2", 215lb, and it's kinda difficult getting into the Model S compared to my Model X. Wind noise is also annoying. :(
Any tips?
View attachment 1029774
View attachment 1029775
Easy. Buy 3M trim adhesive for auto. It’s black sticky substance. Find a good surface cleaner to prep the surface. Apply adhesive to the trim as well as to the car. Adhere and set. It will be perfect.

thanks, I'll try that. would silicone spray be a good surface cleaner for prepping surfaces?
No, try even rubbing alcohol or an alcohol based cleaner. No lubricants or anything corrosive. If your car isn’t even that dirty in those parts, you can just use some water and scrub the areas down well. Just make sure it’s completely dried before applying the adhesive and there isn’t a lot of dust or dirt. I should note that it sets pretty quickly. No need to babysit it or anything. It’ll cure fully in 24 hours but you can start driving it and opening and closing doors within 20-30 minutes max.

Some people take masking tape and hold the trim in place during curing, but it’s overkill most of the time.

Reactions: kobefan234
Unfortunately, the rubber door seal became loose. I scraped my head against it when getting into the car. I am 6'2", 215lb, and it's kinda difficult getting into the Model S compared to my Model X. Wind noise is also annoying. :(
Any tips?
View attachment 1029774
View attachment 1029775
If the car is under warranty, I would take it in to the service center or have the mobile guys/gals come out and address it and use the warranty you paid for (I know Tesla techs have a track record of fking things up even worse). I would send this one back though.

Reactions: zoomer0056
If the car is under warranty, I would take it in to the service center or have the mobile guys/gals come out and address it and use the warranty you paid for (I know Tesla techs have a track record of fking things up even worse). I would send this one back though.
I just picked up the car from the Tesla Fremont factory five days ago. They told me my model S was manufactured on-site at the Fremont factory. It didn't need to be transported to another state since I live near Fremont, CA.
It had a flat right rear tire on delivery day. They replaced it the same day with a new tire. There were some lubrication stains on the center console, and the rear windshield had a distortion-warped look. Other than that, I thought the car was "within spec." I am not a car expert at all, but this S PLAID did make me squeal economically, lol.

I just picked up the car from the Tesla Fremont factory five days ago. They told me my model S was manufactured on-site at the Fremont factory. It didn't need to be transported to another state since I live near Fremont, CA.
It had a flat right rear tire on delivery day. They replaced it the same day with a new tire. There were some lubrication stains on the center console, and the rear windshield had a distortion-warped look. Other than that, I thought the car was "within spec." I am not a car expert at all, but this S PLAID did make me squeal economically, lol.
Here's my completely subjective opinion on spending a lot of money on this particular car...

Over 5 years ago, I drove off the lot in a Model S with a huge smile on my face. I have an even bigger one now. There are so few things in my life that I can spend money on that bring me this much sustained joy. Worth every penny!

I can't decide which is better, joining this thread or leaving it post delivery? Picked her up today with a few minor issues to resolve down the road at the SC. Thanks for the laughs, late night fall asleep reads, and information folks. Hang in there!
I have been here since June/2021. And this has never felt more true.
iu

View attachment 1029714

My new Plaid. 🥰

sorry for the bad pic. :)

Red Multicoat with cream interior, early 2023 model (has USS).. Yoke wheel, which I count as a plus.

It was a demo car with 13000km. 24000€ below MSRP. Cheaper than a new LR. It still counts as a "new car" though as I am the first registered owner. But current Tesla warranty rules say that demo car warranty starts when car is registered, so I have already lost one year and 13000km of warranty.

Summer tires are 21" Arachnids which I plan to sell..

I was first a bit sad that I got the "old" red color and not the newer Ultra Red. But then I realized that Red Multicoat was always a +3000€ option while Ultra Red is currently at no extra cost, so I think this older red is actually much more rare.
And even more rare in Finland