Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my Plaid delivered today. Quality is noticeably better than my 2022 Plaid, taillight misalignment still there, no significant gaps, paint chips etc, overall car looks fantastic. PPF right off the lot and will be doing wheel alignment after, so wont be able to enjoy it for another week. Hopefully Tesla can keep up the good build and making them better. Also, no front cam and ambient as expected, but i have a feeling they are going to announce them soon, regardless, hard to give up a great quality build and take another chance later.
excuse my ignorance, can you explain the reason for the wheel alignment ?

So, with an order placed 12/13/23 for a MSP, Grey, Arachnid, Cream Upholstery, Yoke, I still cannot get a VIN - after 3 1/2 months?
I see 4 or so MSPs in other cities in Florida, but which are missing some important feature of my configuration.
How is it Tesla can build MSPs not dissimilar to my order, but then ship them to cities in my State where they sit idle in new inventory, when they have my committed order which can be paid for immediately? This is really screwed up!

Got my Plaid delivered today. Quality is noticeably better than my 2022 Plaid, taillight misalignment still there, no significant gaps, paint chips etc, overall car looks fantastic. PPF right off the lot and will be doing wheel alignment after, so wont be able to enjoy it for another week. Hopefully Tesla can keep up the good build and making them better. Also, no front cam and ambient as expected, but i have a feeling they are going to announce them soon, regardless, hard to give up a great quality build and take another chance later.
Sorry i got really curious as I am looking out for a cheap deal on a Plaid. I know that the difference from my 2016-dec to my next 2018-dec MS was HUGE and I cannot really describe it as anything else but a totally different car. But as i am now looking at and trying to compare a brand new MS with one made just before the 2023Feb HW4 introduction some of them might be made/sold in for example 2022-dec (as tesla tend to sell many cars the last day in Dec.
I Wonder firstly when your old plaid was made and secondly if you would have some time to spare in trying to quantify what differs quality wise in your opinion? (Except for the obvious updates like HW4)

A bit of topic i know, but not totally ...

So, with an order placed 12/13/23 for a MSP, Grey, Arachnid, Cream Upholstery, Yoke, I still cannot get a VIN - after 3 1/2 months?
I see 4 or so MSPs in other cities in Florida, but which are missing some important feature of my configuration.
How is it Tesla can build MSPs not dissimilar to my order, but then ship them to cities in my State where they sit idle in new inventory, when they have my committed order which can be paid for immediately? This is really screwed up!
what has been the response from Tesla?

Current wisdom / rumor on this thread is that the Plaid cream interior (which is slightly different than the LR cream int) is the holdup.
AFAIK there have been no Plaid w/ cream interior delivered this year.

Reactions: empiredown
Anyone that recently got a VIN assigned and a late March delivery window get a confirmed date yet? My April 4-11 just got moved to March 29-31 but can't get any feedback from Tesla on when I'll get an appointment confirmed.
Got a VIN (finally) and now estimated delivery March 27-31. SA says it may be March 29 or 30. Can’t be 31 in Minnesota since dealerships are closed on Sundays. My car is on a train headed to Chicago, according to the SA.

I’m joining the 250 club and giving up transferring fsd all for the ambient lighting. I drove the Mercedes with ambient lighting and it was my favorite feature. 🤷‍♂️
I tried a M3 "highland" yesterday and can say the RGB lighting is nothing like the ambient lighting in wifeys MB 560.

The Mercedes lighting is voice activated, the M3 is not per sales.

Next to the moon roof and massaging seats, the lights in the MB are my favorite feature.

• Informative
Reactions: cwanja
Anyone that recently got a VIN assigned and a late March delivery window get a confirmed date yet? My April 4-11 just got moved to March 29-31 but can't get any feedback from Tesla on when I'll get an appointment confirmed.
On 20 March 2024, I was finally assigned a VIN. My EDD changed from 3/23/24 - 3/31/24 to 4/3/24 - 4/9/24. I have not been given the option to secure a pickup time yet. On 20 March 2024, the local dealership's general manager told me that "the vendor that we use to ship cars is estimating that it will arrive on 2 April 2024. It might jump around though so don't have your heart too set on it." I have not heard anything since and the app still show the EDD as 4/3 to 4/9. My fingers are crossed as I patiently wait.

Reactions: fupito
I’m joining the 250 club and giving up transferring fsd all for the ambient lighting. I drove the Mercedes with ambient lighting and it was my favorite feature. 🤷‍♂️
Have you checked out the lights in the model 3? It comes down to personal preference. However, Tesla's ambient lighting is going to be a joke compared to MB. I personally prefer ambient lighting to be hidden under some sort of trim. Tesla is likely going to slap a light strip in the car and call it a day for about 10 years.

Reactions: cwanja
Just had my EDD change today from March-April --> April 2 - May 7. Ordered on 3/7. No VIN. Tesla also called me yesterday trying to convince me to take delivery of an inventory car that was a completely different color and configuration. :rolleyes: End of quarter struggles.

MSP | Black | Black | 21" | wheel