Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious to see what everyone’s experience with range/ charge holding after receiving it ? My car has been parked all day with no sentry mode on and has been losing about a mile of charge every 2 hours even tho I haven’t used the car at all. I know weather is a factor which it is about 45 degrees here but it is parked in a garage. Wondering if this is normal or if I should have the service team look into it. Seems to be draining fast for a brand new car but this is also my first Tesla
This is my car sitting for 24 hours in my garage. Sentry mode off.
1711429908766.png

Picked up our MSLR today. Couldn’t complain about anything at pickup. Looked great except for that front license plate holder that I dont need in AZ - they tell me it voids the warranty if you remove it. Not sure how true that is! View attachment 1032122View attachment 1032123
They literally show the car without the bracket in all of their marketing photos. I’d love to see them try to argue that it voids the warranty

Tesla sales is way better than Tesla service. If you are upset now, I can't imagine how upset you'll be when you need service. 😅
I have great service in NE Ohio. Guess just lucky or highly location dependent. Could care less about the sales part, as prefer just to order cars online and then picking them up. Can’t imagine going back to Mercedes, BMW, Porsche and having to deal with that sales structure again and then ripoff service centers.

Order date: Dec. 8th, 2023. MSLR/SG/Ebony interior/19" Wheels/Steering Wheel/FSD with EDD of April 4th - April 10th... I had to ask based on what others have claimed on here with their order dates near mine and their current EDD... I won't be getting the free 5000 supercharging miles.

Why is it still at Factory after 5 days of being built. Destination in DMV (DC/Maryland/Virginia).
SmartSelect_20240325_174857_Tesla.jpg

Do you think if I called them out on their BS they would throw in those free supercharging miles as a consolation?

They literally show the car without the bracket in all of their marketing photos. I’d love to see them try to argue that it voids the warranty
There’s nothing to argue. The sales person was completely wrong. Modifications do not automatically void the vehicles warranty, Tesla would have to prove the modification was the reason for the failure. If your battery fails, Tesla cannot say the warranty is voided because you took off the license plate bracket.

I believe it’s called the Magnussen moss warranty act that prohibits manufacturers from doing that.

Order date: Dec. 8th, 2023. MSLR/SG/Ebony interior/19" Wheels/Steering Wheel/FSD with EDD of April 4th - April 10th... I had to ask based on what others have claimed on here with their order dates near mine and their current EDD... I won't be getting the free 5000 supercharging miles.

Why is it still at Factory after 5 days of being built. Destination in DMV (DC/Maryland/Virginia). View attachment 1032192

Do you think if I called them out on their BS they would throw in those free supercharging miles as a consolation?
Ironically, I had the exact same order date and configuration as your Tesla model S. I had a previous delivery date of March 8 but had to reject the car due to issues with the paint. The EDD for the replacement vehicle is April 3-9. I asked the general manager of my dealership (who has been fantastic BTW) whether or not Tesla will honor the free 5000 supercharger miles with a post March 31 delivery date base on the inconvenience caused by trying to deliver me a damaged car on March 8 which was certainly not my fault adding that I have been waiting for a car since December 8, 2023. Her response was “ we will certainly plead a case on your behalf. I agree it is the right thing to do so once your car lands, we will open up a corporate exception case on your behalf to request they honor the promotion. “. She indicated that the car is scheduled to land at the dealership on 2 April 2024. Time will tell. That may just be her way of pacifying me for now.. I will update you next week after I take delivery. I still have my fingers crossed that there will be no issues with the replacement car.

Expect more EoQ angst as Elon insists all deliveries must include "FSD" demo.

But we also get a months free experience of putting our lives in Domos hands ..
I think it is a smart move that Tesla is doing this. Maybe more people will like it and subscribe or if they offer a special rate after the trial buy it. I like FSD alone just for the much improved visualizations. That in itself is worth it for me. Most people only put their lives at risk if you just don’t pay attention. With the improved visualizations, I actually think it is even safer for me. 🙂

I think it is a smart move that Tesla is doing this. Maybe more people will like it and subscribe or if they offer a special rate after the trial buy it. I like FSD alone just for the much improved visualizations. That in itself is worth it for me. Most people only put their lives at risk if you just don’t pay attention. With the improved visualizations, I actually think it is even safer for me. 🙂

It's a typical EoQ thing to offer free stuff to boost deliveries, I'm all for taking advantage of it, esp since my old car with USS will allow me to try summon once again.

I do like the visualizations, but you get that even without FSD.

You will def pay attention after "FSD" does the wrong thing at the wrong time.

I'll try it just to see if it ignores the same stop sign in my neighborhood and tries to go though a red light when it sees a green left turn arrow.

My wife's Hyundai Palisade has ambient lighting. I think we changed the color the day we took delivery of the car and haven't touched it since. I'm not sure I would notice if it were gone at this point. 🤷‍♂️
I test-drove a new Model 3 for the day and couldn't wait to turn off the ambient lighting. It's really bad, really distracting, and poor panel alignment didn't help.

1711470435277.jpeg

I test-drove a new Model 3 for the day and couldn't wait to turn off the ambient lighting. It's really bad, really distracting, and poor panel alignment didn't help.

View attachment 1032260
And this would not go away in the S if they put the lights in the dash trim. Deliveries are notoriously know to not have alignment into both drives and passenger door panels. This will make it stand out.

A positive to this could be more service to fix lighting panel alignment and thus more visibility to panel gaps / alignments. And helpfully bubbling up to better manufacturing. And no, I have not spiked my morning coffee.

• Funny
Reactions: ICUDoc and WilliamG
And this would not go away in the S if they put the lights in the dash trim. Deliveries are notoriously know to not have alignment into both drives and passenger door panels. This will make it stand out.

A positive to this could be more service to fix lighting panel alignment and thus more visibility to panel gaps / alignments. And helpfully bubbling up to better manufacturing. And no, I have not spiked my morning coffee.
Tesla can't even align the tail lights on even the most recent deliveries of Model S, so yeah... not expecting any miracles here. You know the new Model 3 has one-piece tail lights now because it makes manufacturing cheaper, and it's easier to align.

Reactions: cwanja and aerodyne
Tesla can't even align the tail lights on even the most recent deliveries of Model S, so yeah... not expecting any miracles here. You know the new Model 3 has one-piece tail lights now because it makes manufacturing cheaper, and it's easier to align.
I'll add that the new interior RGB lights as seen on the '24 M3 are not really ambient, as you can actually see the lights. This will affect night vision for certain folks like me.

The lighting on the '19 Benz is indirect, and although not infinite color section, does respond to voice commands such as, "set ambient lighting to"

Reactions: WilliamG
I have had my 24 Plaid with 19s for 6 weeks, love the car. I have had a number of very fast cars, drag cars, road race cars, street cars, etc, nothing accelerates in an instant like the Plaid. How it actually hooks up on street tires is amazing, the traction control is world class. My only slightly negative comment and its minor, is the ride/suspension/handling. I have been changing settings in advanced mode, changing tire pressures, etc, trying to get a better ride out of it. I would not want 21s on it, that would make it even more harsh.