Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don’t lie. This is you at 2am except that you’re a refined gentleman with high taste.

View attachment 1033884
lol. Not gonna lie, when I bought my first model s I actually did go outside many times at night just to look at it. I’d sit inside and just enjoy the quietness and the new car smell.

But then again I upgraded from a 97 Honda accord that had no AC, the paint was sunburned off, the door locks didn’t work so the car was always unlocked, 197k miles and the interior really showed it.
So to me the new car was just heaven.

lol. Not gonna lie, when I bought my first model s I actually did go outside many times at night just to look at it. I’d sit inside and just enjoy the quietness and the new car smell.

But then again I upgraded from a 97 Honda accord that had no AC, the paint was sunburned off, the door locks didn’t work so the car was always unlocked, 197k miles and the interior really showed it.
So to me the new car was just heaven.
We all know the feeling. When I got my first one, I’d disappear into the garage multiple times a night at odd hours and my wife would wonder where the hell I went. 🤪

I got caught playing Steam in the car once and after that she would lock me out of the house, by "Accident"
I’ve gotten “caught” in the garage so many times that she will automatically go there if I can’t be found. She calls it the “lost and found” area 😂

Sometimes I’ll remember something about the car or see something on youtube to try out. I’ll drop everything and head into the garage, mid-task. I could be fixing something around the house, helping my wife cook/clean, yard work, doesn’t matter. I’ll just vanish and it drives her nuts 🤪

So pickup went great yesterday. But when I got home. The brake lights flash intermittently when I park. I noticed it when I plugged it in and started to walk away. Another time I noticed that when I left, the radio then turned on and the cabin air started. I opened the door and radio was going and kept going when I closed the door. It’s also been trying to install the v 12 FSD update since 8 last night. Keeps downloading and not installing. Gets to 100% and sits there and eventually restarts. Of course, I can’t get in for service locally until April 10 now 🙄

Was away on vacay for a week and when I got into the car today, it showed all doors, frunk, and trunk being open (they were not) and the cockpit display was frozen in a blank, greyed out state. Car was 80% charged and plugged in. Never surprised when it happens to our 7 year old X but sort of annoying with a brand new S. That said, fixed quickly with a reboot of course.

Ignore my garage…..I added some carbon fiber stuff to my LR.
IMG_3363.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3358.jpeg
    IMG_3358.jpeg
    776.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3362.jpeg
    IMG_3362.jpeg
    354 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3361.jpeg
    IMG_3361.jpeg
    367 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3310.jpeg
    IMG_3310.jpeg
    523.9 KB · Views: 8
Translate to 4.5 / 32nds. They don't measure in 24ths.

My P85DL's 2nd, 3rd, and 4th sets all lasted nearly 40K miles but that was with camber correction.

Andrew's tires, on the "Plaid Racing Channel" are the factory 19's after 900+ dragstrip launches.
Sorry meant 3/32nds. And what is camber correction? In any case tires should last way more than 12K miles if driven like a grandpa.

Sorry meant 3/32nds. And what is camber correction? In any case tires should last way more than 12K miles if driven like a grandpa.
Not in a Tesla 😂…especially if it’s mostly city driving

My wife drives an X. 30K miles on the clock. Replaced OEM tires at 12K. Down to 4/32-5/32 on her current set (Pirelli Scorpion Zero All Season Plus), which need to be replaced soon. Mostly non-aggressive city driving. Tire pressure always maintained at 42 lbs.

Edit: The Pirellis come with a 50K warranty. Discount Tire said they will credit about 60% of the price paid for a replacements (any brand). Might try the Michelin Cross Climate 2 with 60K warranty.

Last edited:
Reactions: CraigE1965
Not in a Tesla 😂…especially if it’s mostly city driving

My wife drives an X. 30K miles on the clock. Replaced OEM tires at 12K. Down to 4/32-5/32 on her current set (Pirelli Scorpion Zero All Season Plus), which need to be replaced soon. Mostly non-aggressive city driving. Tire pressure always maintained at 42 lbs.

Edit: The Pirellis come with a 50K warranty. Discount Tire said they will credit about 60% of the price paid for a replacements (any brand). Might try the Michelin Cross Climate 2 with 60K warranty.
Well Tesla should be putting on tires that last more than 12K miles OEM. But I am going to do what you are doing in the future. Buy Michelin Cross Climate 2 (good in winter as well) with 60K warranty, they will need replacement at 30K miles, and then Discount tire will give me each future set at 1/2 off. Seems like a deal to me.

Reactions: DBV1
Picked up my MSLR UR today. Had to delay until 4 pm as they waited for the truck from Chicago. But then I got there they had cleaned it up and it looked great. Pickup was flawless, as is the car to my untrained eye. Only issue is the back upper brake light flashes occasionally when parked. They thought it was a loose wire, but it still did it when i got home so I set up mobile service for early next week. It is a fabulous car and I am very happy with it.
I'm a little Jelly because you got yours before me. I'm happy for you... Go Go Gadget 5000 Free Supercharging Miles.

Last edited: