Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received a new EDD after taking the car off hold. The thing is, if the delivery date is accurate, I will be out of the country that week. Has anyone else had success moving the EDD after a hold? I want the car but if they are going to cancel the order because I can't pick it up when they decide I have to that's a problem.

This is a terrible way to sell cars.

• Love
Reactions: TSLA Pilot
I just received a new EDD after taking the car off hold. The thing is, if the delivery date is accurate, I will be out of the country that week. Has anyone else had success moving the EDD after a hold? I want the car but if they are going to cancel the order because I can't pick it up when they decide I have to that's a problem.
Schedule the delivery to avoid cancellation. Call your delivery center and explain your situation. They may be able to work with you. But don't try to fight the computers, you will lose (like I did, full story coming soon).
My take: It's a terrible way to communicate to customers.

My store has been very reasonable with working with schedules. Call them or go to the store (if it's close)

Hi, Just wondering if you had a chance to inspect your new Tesla undercarriage before or after the delivery. I got my 2024 Tesla Y around end of Feb and mine looks like it might have been in the flood field and I have quite of accumulation of mud and gravel underneath of the vehicle. What you want to look for is mud spots undercarriage and debris trapped inside of the front skid plate area. I hope yours is okay but if you or someone you know find similar issues, please let me know. Thank You! 🙏
Hi, we just got a '24 Y on the 30th of march. I missed that news, any more details you could give me? Thanks in advance. Cheers

Reactions: zoomer0056
Hi, we just got a '24 Y on the 30th of march. I missed that news, any more details you could give me? Thanks in advance. Cheers
I suspect vehicles delivered between Jan - Feb might have similar issues but you can always check yours for your assurance. There was no official news about this incident but I know there has been a major flood incident early this year in the Bay area. Since Fremont is near that region, some of the vehicles might have been impacted by this and I believe mine was one of them. I found a post in Reddit stating a similar issue as mine but I can't find many. That's why I am reaching out here to find more people like me as I am trying to build my case.

Long story short, again, I am sure yours is fine but just check your undercarriage especially above the skid plate that is placed at the bottom front of your vehicle to protect major vehicle components. I hope that answers your question.

One question at delivery they did not give me key fobs when I asked they said, that Tesla stopped providing key fobs a while ago and I have to purchase them. Is this true. Did any of you that took the delivery in 2024 get the key fobs standard ?
No they stopped them sometime in 2022 iirc. You can get them brand new for about half price on eBay if you really want. The model 3/y keys also work, but are missing UWB.

With them supporting uwb with the phone key now it’s not as essential IMO

Thank you!!

No they stopped them sometime in 2022 iirc. You can get them brand new for about half price on eBay if you really want. The model 3/y keys also work, but are missing UWB.

With them supporting uwb with the phone key now it’s not as essential IMO
Thanks, I do not want them, but all the videos in the app said your car comes with a phone key so I asked them. I am fine with a key card.

That's it? Meh ... not a very exciting pickup.
Yet a bit more common sense vs the “I started with cotton swabs and a 30x scope camera probing internal lines followed by a white glove under carriage inspection for Any water stains. Next up go-nogo gages to validate every panel with a micron laser…..) umphhh. Not a hope diamond, just a car.

One question at delivery they did not give me key fobs when I asked they said, that Tesla stopped providing key fobs a while ago and I have to purchase them. Is this true. Did any of you that took the delivery in 2024 get the key fobs standard ?
I bought a key fob for my Dec 2023. It works fine and I use it for someone else driving it. My phone and key card seem to be good for me.

I suspect vehicles delivered between Jan - Feb might have similar issues but you can always check yours for your assurance. There was no official news about this incident but I know there has been a major flood incident early this year in the Bay area. Since Fremont is near that region, some of the vehicles might have been impacted by this and I believe mine was one of them. I found a post in Reddit stating a similar issue as mine but I can't find many. That's why I am reaching out here to find more people like me as I am trying to build my case.

Long story short, again, I am sure yours is fine but just check your undercarriage especially above the skid plate that is placed at the bottom front of your vehicle to protect major vehicle components. I hope that answers your question.
Ok , thanks again for the heads up. In my case, I should be ok as it was built in March. Cheers

Reactions: zoomer0056