Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's in the description of the interior when you search for inventory cars:
  • Black and White Premium Interior with Carbon Fiber Décor and Sport Seats
THANKS!

Didn't see that, but it is a bit subtle.

A friend in WA State reports that the Fife location has a demo unit with the new seats so they're slowly working their way into the Galleries; I'll have to try a visit soon.

Thanks, again, for finding that.

Reactions: madmoose
I’m not sure what this clown said as he’s ignored but your replies are gold. 😆

I’m going to drive my diesel Defender around all weak just to trigger this pompous prick. 😆
Be sure to take delivery of your Teslas soon folks--don't delay. If this is the sort of "thinking" found on an erudite board on TMC, guess what's in the heads of the average shmoo walking the streets . . . not much in the way of facts and logic.

No need to bother with any facts--their minds are made up.

It's on the shoulders of the well-informed and educated--your shoulders--to carry the weight for the masses.

Thanks!

p.s. For those that can't see the logical fallacies in some of the recent posts, here's another example:

ad hominem​

You attacked your opponent's character or personal traits in an attempt to undermine their argument.​

Ad hominem attacks can take the form of overtly attacking somebody, or more subtly casting doubt on their character or personal attributes as a way to discredit their argument. The goal of an ad hom attack can be to undermine someone's case without actually having to engage with it.

*As slightly modified from:

Be sure to take delivery of your Teslas soon folks--don't delay. If this is the sort of "thinking" found on an erudite board on TMC, guess what's in the heads of the average shmoo walking the streets . . . not much in the way of facts and logic.

No need to bother with any facts--their minds are made up.

It's on the shoulders of the well-informed and educated--your shoulders--to carry the weight for the masses.

Thanks!

p.s. For those that can't see the logical fallacies in some of the recent posts, here's another example:

ad hominem​

You attacked your opponent's character or personal traits in an attempt to undermine their argument.​

Ad hominem attacks can take the form of overtly attacking somebody, or more subtly casting doubt on their character or personal attributes as a way to discredit their argument. The goal of an ad hom attack can be to undermine someone's case without actually having to engage with it.

*As slightly modified from:
Take delivery of an ultra red plaid and swap it with me for the M5. Won’t you think of the future generation? Don’t you want to leave a better planet for them? Or are you just interested in hoarding money? I wish you cared more about our planet!

Pm me and we’ll discuss the trade in private

I'll try not to be too damning-with-the-facts, but getting the Tesla will help leave a usable planet for others to enjoy, both while you're alive and long after.

The BMW does the exact opposite . . . so this should not be a hard choice, right?

Please allow me to be blunt: the vast majority walking among us have no friggin' clue as to just how bad a situation we are in. The fossil fuel industry spread some money around beginning in the 80's and they have pulled off the most successful disinformation campaign in human history. Some of those involved have a small conscience and have shared documents, videos and emails here (WARNING: This documentary will likely make your blood boil):

It was in partnership with the BBC, so if words are more your thing, here you go:

TL;DR?

Due to feedback loops, it rests on the shoulders of the educated and well-informed to ACT if we are to fix our current path, a path which will greatly impact, if not destroy, our only planet.

If we don't ACT, just who do you think will?!?

More "must see," fact-based sites to help you realize just how bad the vectors are:

Or, if you're just more of a visual person, try this NASA gif on for size (and note the change in the second derivative near the end):

Thanks, and I sincerely hope you will choose wisely.

You really shouldn't be driving a Model S or even any big battery EV if you believe the situation is this dire.
The extra performance in the Model S contributes to the emissions. The extra materials required to make a Model S contribute.
What are you doing??

You really shouldn't be driving a Model S or even any big battery EV if you believe the situation is this dire.
The extra performance in the Model S contributes to the emissions. The extra materials required to make a Model S contribute.
What are you doing??
Take it easy!

He’s driving a 70k luxury vehicle.. I think the man has sacrificed enough for humanity!

Take delivery of an ultra red plaid and swap it with me for the M5. Won’t you think of the future generation? Don’t you want to leave a better planet for them? Or are you just interested in hoarding money? I wish you cared more about our planet!

Pm me and we’ll discuss the trade in private
Stop being stupid. You are asking him to cough up tens of thousands of dollars when he is asking people to spend money that they were going to spend anyway in a consciously anti-fossil fuel way.
Just cos he's not charismatic doesn't make him wrong.

Stop being stupid. You are asking him to cough up tens of thousands of dollars when he is asking people to spend money that they were going to spend anyway in a consciously anti-fossil fuel way.
There’s no need for insults, in a different thread it was pointed out to him that many people did not want to nor could they afford to pay a premium to purchase an EV and he said people shouldn’t care about spending money, they should care about helping the environment. So I’m simply extending that same request to him, after all why should he care about spending the money when he says others shouldn’t?

Reactions: Spdrcrj
Per Tesla-info, inventory of MS and MX is rising rapidly - over a thousand for each.

If one believes the trend is your friend, I suspect a price cut is possible before EoQ. If not, I would not accept a car with defects, and let the SA know ahead of time.

As an aside, MY inventory is though the roof at 4K.

Reactions: fetar30310
I feel for all of you who have Plaids on order - notably with the cream interior. I don't understand the delays in delivery - the timeline for the MSLR I ordered was far different....maybe it's the color combo for some reason? I know - it's Tesla, so abandon all logic. :) I did consider a Plaid briefly, but ultimately decided that I wanted maximum range, and the additional cost for the added performance wasn't worth it....to me. YMMV.

I ordered a DBM MSLR (all black interior, wheel, 19" Tempests) on 3/12. Got VIN on 3/19. Delivered on 4/3. Relatively simple, and no major delivery flaws.

Best of luck to all of you still waiting - it's a great car and I'm definitely happy with mine!

Actually, it does. You have to drive your EV 10 years before the lack of tailpipe emissions make it worth buying to “save the planet”. Want to really save the planet…….enact population control. Too many humans are the root cause.

I gotta stop replying to off topic posts but liberal mindsets are now adversely effecting my life so now……I now feel I must speak up to counter those who are disillusioned and, honestly, just plain wrong.

I feel for all of you who have Plaids on order - notably with the cream interior. I don't understand the delays in delivery - the timeline for the MSLR I ordered was far different....maybe it's the color combo for some reason? I know - it's Tesla, so abandon all logic. :) I did consider a Plaid briefly, but ultimately decided that I wanted maximum range, and the additional cost for the added performance wasn't worth it....to me. YMMV.

I ordered a DBM MSLR (all black interior, wheel, 19" Tempests) on 3/12. Got VIN on 3/19. Delivered on 4/3. Relatively simple, and no major delivery flaws.

Best of luck to all of you still waiting - it's a great car and I'm definitely happy with mine!
It’s def frustrating to see everyone getting delivery dates and VIN’s. Very happy for them……I just want to be one too. 😆 Tick Tok Clariesse.

I received my track pack wheels/tires in the mail today too so that’s making me itch for my car.

• Funny
Reactions: aerodyne
Per Tesla-info, inventory of MS and MX is rising rapidly - over a thousand for each.

If one believes the trend is your friend, I suspect a price cut is possible before EoQ. If not, I would not accept a car with defects, and let the SA know ahead of time.

As an aside, MY inventory is though the roof at 4K.
Even if there’s not a formal price “cut” I bet we’ll see free paint colors again.

Ok...at long last...picked up a black on black MSLR with 13 miles on it yesterday. The car checked out great on inspection. No issues. The same can't be said for the customer service at the delivery center though. I know they are probably short staffed after cut backs, but wow...myself and the guy after me trying to get his Cybertruck sorted out were beyond frustrated. It's just not a good way to spend 80 or 100k on a vehicle. Made me long for a commissioned salesman over the age of 30 to be handling things.

• Informative