Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is the finished product. Ultra Red Plaid. White Interior. 21" Wheels and Round Steering Wheel. Ordered 4/10 and delivered 5/20.
PPF all the way to the back doors. Double Ceramic Coating everywhere and full tinting.
It does have the Ambient indirect interior lighting with the option to select it on or off. No bumper camera.
It does not work as well parking in the garage and alerts me to stop at least 18 inches short of where I want to.
There are boxes near the front but it's still 2 feet away from where I normally stop. There is no inches countdown that my 2017 Model S had. I miss the ultra sonic sensors for that. So that part is worse.
Everything else is waaaaay better. Love the car. Glad I went Plaid even though the power is overkill. The interior is a must have from the regular S.

What ambient lighting? Is this new, or are you just referring to standard white/yellow lights in the interior?

The ultra red looks GREAT! I was just about to order red/white right when they announced silver, and since mine is red now may as well mix it up with a new color that isn’t the standard white/black/gray/blue Tesla. Can’t go wrong with that ultra red.

You probably need 21 inch tires for Red calipers. Not sure.

My plaid was one of the first out of the factory when they released in 2021 and it has black calipers. My Ludicrous S before that had red calipers. Probably just changed back to red at some point in 2022/2023/2024.

Here is a shot of the Ambient light selector. I can't get a picture inside till it's dark. Is this what everyone has been talking about?

Attachments

• Ambient Lighting.jpeg
    Ambient Lighting.jpeg
    404.1 KB · Views: 6
Definitely the sport seats. But I also like the way the black and white sports seats (white only on the S) blend in with the black carbon fiber trim. The brown wood trim on the S didn't seem to blend in as nicely. So that was the final reason I went Plaid. The power upgrade is nice too. 🥳
Funny I avoided Plaid partly because of the carbon fiber trim. I've had that on my M3P for several years now and want something different. The seats do look fantastic, and the Plaid is an awesome vehicle. Contracts man!

I don't think that would look right inside the car. I'm happy with the Suttle soft white lighting.
In fairness the S’ variant would probably look better since the led strips would run with the silver bits of our wood/carbon trim. It seems to have been a fairly last minute change to not implement them since most S’ came with the wiring for them in place and there’s lots of references in the various Tesla docs to the rgb lights.

My 2 cents:
- bumper cam is probably not coming due to massive improvements to vision park assist
VO has improved no doubt. But it's far from perfect especially if you need to come really close. The MS has to offer more than the basic models and that is undoubtedly a bumper cam.
I know this approach is Tesla style to push innovations and thats mostly good. In this case, not introducing a bumper cam, is just wrong decision, because it doesn't help if customers are not buying the car. result counts and that is number of sold cars. I saw Tesla correcting wrong decisions, like horn, let's see how long it takes with the front bumper cam

Reactions: TSLA Pilot
Texas order placed 5/9
Ultra Red LR, Cream Interior, 21" Wheels, Yoke
Estimated Delivery Date: May 28 - Jun 18
No VIN as of yet
I'm going to assume my EDD will slip tomorrow as I have no VIN, and the car will be produced on May 29th at the very earliest. When I purchased my Model 3, it took around two weeks to make it to Texas.

I'm still not convinced that they are producing any right now; I wonder if there are other updates about to drop to go with the Lunar Silver, as was the case back when Ura Red was introduced back in March of '23.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see some (very) minor changes rolled out soon. It does seem like we’re not hearing much on the delivery side lately.

Yes there were a number of Plaids that finally got produced there for a bit, a handful with new seats. Outside of that, I've not seen any LR deliveries posted on any of the other social media sites I frequent. Could just be a result of it being a fairly low volume car, and all the CT / M3P hype, or there could be a pause for updates. Time will tell!

Reactions: zoomer0056
VO has improved no doubt. But it's far from perfect especially if you need to come really close. The MS has to offer more than the basic models and that is undoubtedly a bumper cam.
I know this approach is Tesla style to push innovations and thats mostly good. In this case, not introducing a bumper cam, is just wrong decision, because it doesn't help if customers are not buying the car. result counts and that is number of sold cars. I saw Tesla correcting wrong decisions, like horn, let's see how long it takes with the front bumper cam
Well, I totally agree, and I joined the $250 club TWICE (before taking delivery in March) in the hope that Tesla would add it. But Tesla doesn’t care what we want or what we think they should do. It’s true that MS is a premium car that should offer a little more but they also decided not to implement RGB ambient lighting even though the wiring has existed for quite some time and even though the M3 already has it. For whatever reason (that I too disagree with), Tesla decided not to add a bumper cam to M3. I don’t see a bumper cam coming to MS either. I hope to be wrong.

I have to think with the pressures on Tesla financially right now, their resources are better spent on a redesigned Y and other ventures.
2M 3’s and Y’s were sold last year vs 60k S/X.
Even if you factor 2x profit margin on the s/x, it clearly makes more sense to invest your resources in the 3/Y and expanding those sales around the world, while the flagships ride out the next year or two until an actual redesign hits.

Others closer to Tesla’s financials may know better but purely from a bean counting perspective, they need as much energy on 3/Y/robotaxi as possible.

As an S/X consumer I hope we get as many new features as possible before my lunar silver arrives don’t get me wrong. I also understand the realities of the market.

I have to think with the pressures on Tesla financially right now, their resources are better spent on a redesigned Y and other ventures.
2M 3’s and Y’s were sold last year vs 60k S/X
Even if you factor 2x profit margin on the s/x, it clearly makes more sense to invest your resources in the 3/Y and expanding those sales around the world, while the flagships ride out the next year or two until an actual redesign hits.

Others closer to Tesla’s financials may know better but purely from a bean counting perspective, they need as much energy on 3/Y/robotaxi as possible.

As an S/X consumer I hope we get as many new features as possible before my lunar silver arrives don’t get me wrong. I also understand the realities of the market.
Same reason why I finally hit order on my Ultra Red after lurkng many months. They have many priorities and I don't see adding features and functions to the S/X as one of them. Especially with layoffs. It's a great cal and value as it sites. That being said, I remain hopeful we get some little surprise ahead of delivery, but I won't let it hold me up from taking delivery at this stage.

Reactions: Trunk Gap
Wow, that's a screaming deal! I hope they won't cut too many corners (punn intended) for that price. It's worth the money to ensure all wrappable edges are wrapped. I did my whole 2022 MSLR myself and probably spent that much.

Is this electric auto films? They were fine after several initial eff upps. They did cut my paint near the windshield wipers. I paid $4k for mine but because of the issues they gave me 10 year ceramic coating and a free upgrade to ceramic tint so its fine in the end.

Reactions: zoomer0056