Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pretty strange. I've never canceled so I don't know how it's done. But I can imagine there is at least an "Are you sure" confirmation making it hard to do by mistake. Does somebody else have access to your account?
No one has access. I saw my order disappear in the morning around 8am but I didn't I get a cancel email until after 6pm. The cancellation email came right after I spoke to the sales rep. Seems very coincidental. Took me several tries to get to a human on the phone. Does anyone have a number preferable a manager I can talk to in the morning?

No one has access. I saw my order disappear in the morning around 8am but I didn't I get a cancel email until after 6pm. The cancellation email came right after I spoke to the sales rep. Seems very coincidental. Took me several tries to get to a human on the phone. Does anyone have a number preferable a manager I can talk to in the morning?
Sorry to hear.

I ordered MSP UR w/ cream interior on 3/17/24 and recently my EDD is pushed out to July 15-Aug 26 but not cancelled yet. If they cancel mine too, I will update here.

It’s beginning to look like the cream may be on its way out.

Autobots - do you have any open thread with service, any open message there for any current servicing, perhaps?

If you do, you can ask for a manager to call you to discuss your experience with your current order via the app. It’s hard to get someone live, you either need to message thru the app, know someone at the store you can text for help, or go directly in person. Not ideal, I know, but that would be my guidance given the system that’s in place. 6months+ is definitely very strange and not what Tesla is intending to do with the S/X (or any models, really). If you’re in the boat of many months for an S/X there is either a very bad shortage of something specific to your order (IE cream seats) or something is changing.

Last edited:
Reactions: TBrownTX
23 DEC 23 order, per below specs. Just checked and no change to my EDD of 29-30 JUN 24... Good luck to all of us!
My MSP Black with cream from 3/5 order just got pushed back from EDD June 27-30 to July 22- Sept 2. If these cars weren't so superior to everything else and a crazy deal compared to the porsche, i think id be considering jumping ship despite being the biggest tesla fan for the past 7 years. Cant get ahold of anyone at tesla or modify my order to white interior. Too bad nobody from tesla monitors these forums.

It’s beginning to look like the cream may be on its way out.

Autobots - do you have any open thread with service, any open message there for any current servicing, perhaps?
No open service or messages. Spoke to rep and he said Tesla cancelled the order due to change in configuration that I did not complete. The only config change was the EPA range drop to 459 miles for the MSP. For sure, I did this and this was early in the year. Anyways, I had to reorder the same configuration and they will refund me the order fee within a week, we'll see. What I don't get is, I didn't receive any warning regarding order cancellation. Maybe they cancelled my 1st order so my time waiting is not 6+ months anymore.

Original order 12/30/23 MSP cream interior (Tesla cancelled)
Reorder 6/6/24 MSP cream interior
EDD - July 2024

My MSP Black with cream from 3/5 order just got pushed back from EDD June 27-30 to July 22- Sept 2. If these cars weren't so superior to everything else and a crazy deal compared to the porsche, i think id be considering jumping ship despite being the biggest tesla fan for the past 7 years. Cant get ahold of anyone at tesla or modify my order to white interior. Too bad nobody from tesla monitors these forums.
Do you have a showroom/delivery center nearby you can visit?

Too bad nobody from tesla monitors these forums.
I've thought for awhile now that Tesla does monitor social media. But I wonder what their approach is and how what they learn from us is used. For a specific case, like yours, it's probably not acted on. But looking at trends in posts may be used. I think this is the way Tesla decided to give people center horns and round wheels. So yeah, Tesla monitors this forum.

Reactions: TBrownTX
I think I'm going to have to do that. I do live in the Chicago area, I'm just very busy with work during normal hours so its tough to get there. Nobody answered when I called 3 times yesterday. Should be something very easily handled with a 5 minute phone call...if I could get ahold of an actual person.
Have you tried changing your configuration in the app. Click manage order and then edit design. I was able to get an actual person by calling the showroom local number and press 1 for sales and when automated ask what you are calling for, I would say "order vehicle". It worked for me at 3 different locations when I called today.

Last edited:
Have you tried changing your configuration in the app. Click manage order and then edit design. I was able to get an actual person by calling the showroom local number and press 1 for sales and when automated ask what you are calling for, I would say "order vehicle". It worked for me at 3 different locations when I called today.
This. Design is editable until VIN is assigned.

Yeah, thank you. I am not dumb. I click manage order and it states under my order "you cannot edit design at this time". Same thing on the app and on the website. Not sure why. There is no VIN assigned and EDD reads July 22-Sept 2. However, I was able to get ahold of my coworker's sales advisor who was able to make the change to white interior though on his end. He had no idea about the cream interior being backordered or delayed. Will keep people posted if the timeline moves up after switching to white, which I think i will be equally happy with.

Yes, that's what I had done. I had only tried one showroom but maybe nobody was at the phone at the time. Glad it was an isolated incident.

I had a White Plaid S, with Yoke Steering Wheel, black sport seats and VIN assigned, three days later I texted delivery and said I wanted the lunar silver color.

They updated everything, and I got my VIN thursday Night, picking up this coming Thursday at my local Tesla showroom. Can't wait and will post additional day and night views. Shocked how fast I'm getting considering I changed from white to silver on 5/24.

I had a White Plaid S, with Yoke Steering Wheel, black sport seats and VIN assigned, three days later I texted delivery and said I wanted the lunar silver color.

They updated everything, and I got my VIN thursday Night, picking up this coming Thursday at my local Tesla showroom. Can't wait and will post additional day and night views. Shocked how fast I'm getting considering I changed from white to silver on 5/24.
You won’t regret the switch. I’ve only grown more fond of it since delivery. Definitely my fave in the lineup right now.
Enjoy!!

Just got back from my local delivery center, after scoping the overflow lot. One of the employees was kind enough to wake my car to track by VIN. It's at a nearby rail yard awaiting transport to the delivery center. My delivery window also narrowed to 6/10-6/17. Lots of Model 3/Y to oogle and a handful of Cybertrucks. Only saw 3 total Model S/X units! Also spotted the new Model Y Dark Gemini wheels, they are more than skin deep!

IMG_3721.jpeg
IMG_3723.jpeg
IMG_3725.jpeg
IMG_3727.jpeg

After spending some time in the car, here’s a few notes for those considering the color, the seats, and how the 2024 MSP compares to my 2021 MSP:

The color - love it. In the direct sun it’s bright silver, almost white because of the metallic flakes. In the shade and especially in the dark, the car takes on a blueish/grayish/satin color. It’s a clever color and a clever name, lunar silver, they delivered on it. Very happy with it.

The seats - they are great, much needed improvement over the standard seats. The one thing I will point out is if you have a particularly wide rear/thighs, it may be snug. The bolsters on the side are pretty wide, the thigh bolsters are a bit tighter. If you’re super particular about that area, I can see someone not liking it. For me, they are a welcome change, no fitment issues, no downside. Great upgrade.

Vs previous model S - my most recent MS was also one of the first Plaids from June/July 2021 so in a sense apples/apples as both are new variants. In comparison, it’s what you would expect, they are very similar. The car feels tighter and more well put together, but it’s obviously a new car vs a 3yr old car. If I had to guess I’d say maybe some minor tweaks here and there over the 3yrs have led to a slightly quieter and tighter build. I did notice a unique sound under WOT that I had not heard before, the “whooooosh” sound included a different pitch of whine/whistle, perhaps diff batteries or some electrical component. In terms of the key driving elements of the car - steering suspension throttle etc all feel exactly the same as the 21. Some minor differences (new to me, coming from a 2021) I noticed are the screen tilt, red calipers returning, higher clarity cameras, better touchscreen performance, new charge port design, FSD operates more effectively, and the phone key performs noticeably better. Car is on 2024.8.3.

Hope that info helps anyone considering the car ✨✨

Attachments

• IMG_1762.jpeg
    IMG_1762.jpeg
    948.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1742.jpeg
    IMG_1742.jpeg
    547.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited: