Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 3/5 Black MSP with cream interior. Had a July 22-Sept 2 Delivery window. Switched my interior to white 8 days ago and received a VIN today. EDD June 30-July 6. Now I am wondering if I should purchase FSD on my current 2017 P100D before I trade it in so I can transfer it for less cost (only $2000 since i have enhanced autopilot and upgrade the MCU)...if they'd confirm what Elon said about allowing transfers one more quarter. I'm assuming id have to reject my current trade in offer and then redo it after FSD is on there, but waiting for the service advisor to confirm.

Im excited!!

Man you fanboys are something else. A service center or two being busy does not trump data. We know sales have fallen, we know inventory is piling up, we know Tesla is constantly dishing out incentives in a failing attempt to move inventory. But nope, a delivery center has a line of 10 people, so Tesla must have no demand issues whatsoever.
Do we know inventory, as a %, is building up?

Ordered May 30th
VIN assigned: June 18
Est Delivery: June 20-27
Lunar Silver MS with Black/Ebony interior
19" wheel/Steering wheel
Planning to take delivery in Fremont CA

What is the typical delivery period after VIN assignment ?
If there was an easy answer to that, this thread would be about 4000 pages shorter.

Another day into my delivery window with no updates. But went with a friend to pickup his Cybertruck. They say there’s no demand for Tesla and vehicles are piling up on lots, yet there’s a freaking line for pickup like iPhone launch day. No demand my arse!
View attachment 1056064
Did you by chance notice if the Plano delivery center was prepping/delivering cars without the front plate mount? I've picked up two Teslas there, both without the plate mount attached, but I consider myself lucky because you never know when they'll change their minds.

• Informative
Reactions: TSLA Pilot
Did you by chance notice if the Plano delivery center was prepping/delivering cars without the front plate mount? I've picked up two Teslas there, both without the plate mount attached, but I consider myself lucky because you never know when they'll change their minds.

The only cars I have seen with a front plate mount installed are all Model S. It's my understanding that the front plate mount comes from the factory on the S. I did not see any Model 3, Model Y, or Cybertrucks with front plates. I have seen no Model X at all in the delivery area.

The only cars I have seen with a front plate mount installed are all Model S. It's my understanding that the front plate mount comes from the factory on the S. I did not see any Model 3, Model Y, or Cybertrucks with front plates. I have seen no Model X at all in the delivery area.
Interesting. Are you going to request that they not install one, and see how they react? Possibly they're stuck on with double-sided tape? I could manage through that. But holes drilled into a bumper is a real annoyance.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Interesting. Are you going to request that they not install one, and see how they react? Possibly they're stuck on with double-sided tape? I could manage through that. But holes drilled into a bumper is a real annoyance.
Too late, it’s installed by the time you receive a VIN. They are just stuck on with double sided tape. I actually plan to leave mine on as I have custom plates and Texas is a two plate state (although lots of people don’t bother).

Too late, it’s installed by the time you receive a VIN. They are just stuck on with double sided tape. I actually plan to leave mine on as I have custom plates and Texas is a two plate state (although lots of people don’t bother).
That’s right, the S comes with it affixed no matter what. I too prefer the look of no front plate.
However I more distinctly prefer not giving tyrants a reason to pull me over and steal my freedom from me, so my front plate is on proudly :)
For what it’s worth - they typically do not affix the temp paper plates to the front bracket, it’s just in the car with you for you to affix as you please.

Reactions: TBrownTX
That’s right, the S comes with it affixed no matter what. I too prefer the look of no front plate.
However I more distinctly prefer not giving tyrants a reason to pull me over and steal my freedom from me, so my front plate is on proudly :)
For what it’s worth - they typically do not affix the temp paper plates to the front bracket, it’s just in the car with you for you to affix as you please.
FWIW - I have driven without front plates in Texas for 25+ years and have never been stopped for it, nor given a ticket for it when stopped for other reasons. I do have it on my Tesla since the mount was already there, but other cars I haven’t installed on the front.

FWIW - I have driven without front plates in Texas for 25+ years and have never been stopped for it, nor given a ticket for it when stopped for other reasons. I do have it on my Tesla since the mount was already there, but other cars I haven’t installed on the front.
I hear you and unfortunately I can’t say the same. So front plate it is for me, do not want my movement impeded under any circumstances. ‘Merica 😁

Reactions: TBrownTX
FWIW - I have driven without front plates in Texas for 25+ years and have never been stopped for it, nor given a ticket for it when stopped for other reasons.
^^^This, except it's been a bit longer for me. If it ever happens I'll get the decal plate offered in CA. Gold letters on black, pairs well with red...😁
I do have it on my Tesla since the mount was already there, but other cars I haven’t installed on the front.
I took the mounts and plates off on all my cars. A nice immigrant lady with no insurance or license helped remove it on my wife's car, along with bumper and other related bits.

Aside from intermittent speed trap in more affluent areas there’s essentially zero traffic enforcement in Dallas. The DMV claims 20% are uninsured and I’m willing to bet it’s much higher now. No front plate is the least of your worries here. Not getting T boned from red light runners is top priority. It’s become the norm.