Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status Update - My P85 status just changed to building in the Tesla factory @9:22pm pst.

85 Ordered | Grey Metallic | 21" Grey | Panoramic Roof | Black Leather Seats | Textile Headliner | Matte Opeche | Dual Chargers | HPWC | Tech Package | Smart Air Suspension | Ordered Oct 23 | VIN: 63976 | Being Built Status | Late Dec Delivery | San Diego Delivery

Thanks electricjed. Shortly after picking up #Interstellar I went to tint the windows and sunroof along with dipping the rims all black. Next up I'll add the T Led light in front.

Mike,

Curious to hear how the tint and dipping go - good luck. Am trying to find a place or places to handle OptiCoat Pro or similar, tint, dashcams install, and powder coating rims. While presently near LA, can get the work done anywhere from the Bay Area (after 12/26 factory pickup) to San Diego. Don't think I'll mind the drive :). So far am 2 for 5 in just getting places to return my calls/emails :/

image.jpg
Merry Christmas Everyone. Hoping everyone's delivery goes smooth.

Rest assured, many of us are having the same experience.

Agreed, I'm having the exact experience. DS delivery date was 12/20. I cannot get anyone to answer emails or my questions for the past week (yes I realize it is a holiday week, but still). All in all, so far it is the worst customer service I've experienced in a major corporation. It is interesting that it was an identified problem by GeorgeB over 2 years ago and hasn't been improved. Wonder if they are simply understaffed and/or undertrained to handle such things?

Happy for all those who have received their cars prior to year's end.

My family recently bought a used car through BMW, I can assure you getting anyone to respond through Crevier BMW was a pain in the butt. I literally left 5 messages to different offices and no one replied. So I took a trip down to their dealer, waited in the lobby for 45 minutes and the answer was "we're a big company so it'll take some time." This happened during December, and when issues with the car arose, I had to go through the salesman for help, when he found out The car had issues, he ironically took several sick days off. They were very quick to accept our payment for the car thought, that process was the easiest. I hope your experience after getting the car will be much much better.

I should also add that text messages to reps were not replied on several occasions and emails were not responded to from Crevier.

Got my S60 on 12/19. Great car, enjoying it so far.
Very good experience with Tesla in general, but poor experience with DS (difficult to contact, difficult to get a timely response even by email).
Here are some of my observations; most of these are probably well known, but FWIW:

• I really like the voice command features, especially searching for music. However, it doesn't seem to be good at recognizing street names. I have no difficulty with google voice search on my phone, so I'm guessing this is because Tesla's way of using google voice search isn't personalized (?)
  • One-pedal driving is awesome, even better than I thought it would be (based on my test-drives). It really contributes a lot to the driving experience, once you get used to standard regen.
  • Autopilot:
    • Lane-departure warning is ok once you've trained yourself to recognize it.
    • Speed-limit warning is somewhat annoying since it doesn't differentiate between truck and car speed limits, and often gives me false warnings.
    • Looking forward to the rest of the autopilot pilot features (and improvements on the above)! I was told at delivery that they're trying to push out some new features by year-end.
  • I had a P85 loaner for a day (while the SC was installing my center console, and looking into a potential issue with my wipers). I didn’t find it to be much “faster” (I mean just the feeling of acceleration) than my S60. Maybe it’s because I haven’t driven a performance car before, but I find my S60’s acceleration to be way more than sufficient, and highly enjoyable.
  • I’ve found Traffic-aware Nav to be quite ok so far (unlike the experience of many others on this forum – perhaps recent firmware updates have solved some of the issues). On a recent trip to Gilroy (from Santa Clara), it re-routed me via CA-85 (from 101) and saved some time.
  • Few negatives/nitpicks (again probably well-known):
    • I still hate the fact that the car is so wide. It’s just been a week, so I might get used to it after a while, but I’m looking forward to model-3 (assuming it’s smaller and more maneuverable).
    • Visors aren’t much better (than the cars I test-drove in Sept). In particular, you cannot extend them sideways (when the sun is low and between the 2 visors).
    • Knee-level width for the driver is somewhat limited. I find my right knee hitting (or being constrained by) the center column quite often.

I've benefited a lot by reading posts on this forum, so thanks to everyone.

I would call it amauter at best with regards to plasti-dip the rims. It looks good at night and from afar, however up close dipping(powder coat) would be the preferred method if one wanted to change the appearance of there factory rims. It only cost $250. I met a guy who owns a shop in SD that would charge me $150 per rim to powder coat each rim. What is dashcam? I'd like to install wifi inside my car with a camera, so see who is peaking into my car. I've noticed a few people like to see the car upclose and personal. I added the Tesla T LED light in the front which gives it a superman like appearance at night.
Mike,

Curious to hear how the tint and dipping go - good luck. Am trying to find a place or places to handle OptiCoat Pro or similar, tint, dashcams install, and powder coating rims. While presently near LA, can get the work done anywhere from the Bay Area (after 12/26 factory pickup) to San Diego. Don't think I'll mind the drive :). So far am 2 for 5 in just getting places to return my calls/emails :/

- - - Updated - - -

CONGRATS and welcome to the family. Mike (San Diego-Naval Officer- USS RONALD REAGAN)

My Tesla is reporting late Feb delivery but I received a call two days ago from my DS and he is telling me mid February. Who do I believe?

Anyway, I completed the lease application after the call. Do they notify you via email of your terms of via a phone call? Or both? Which is first?

My Tesla is reporting late Feb delivery but I received a call two days ago from my DS and he is telling me mid February. Who do I believe?

Anyway, I completed the lease application after the call. Do they notify you via email of your terms of via a phone call? Or both? Which is first?

I wouldn't think there is any way they could get the car to you in Florida by mid-Feb. I am picking up at the factory and they said about this time next month (so mid-Feb)....and I am one of the first S85Ds, as it seems you are.

I am kinda opposite. When I was placing my order, the design studio said late april...when I confirmed my order, it showed April. As far as the lease application, it was 2 days after I submitted all my documents supporting my application that I got an email stating I was approved. I actually still might finance, but good to know I have options.

I will say that I had to call them to prompt the next step of sending specific documents in (e.g. pay stubs, etc...) Otherwise, it may have been an extra day or two. I would call their finance department.

I wouldn't think there is any way they could get the car to you in Florida by mid-Feb. I am picking up at the factory and they said about this time next month (so mid-Feb)....and I am one of the first S85Ds, as it seems you are.
My Tesla is also reporting late February, but yesterday I received a call from my DS and told me mid February, so I guess the dashboard is not updated.
My delivery will be in Florida also, and I think D models deliveries are slower or didn't even started yet, that's why you are one of the first D's

VIN 70644 - S85, Blue metallic, 19" wheels, Pano roof, Black textile, Carbon fiber, Tech Package with Autopilot, Subzero Package

Everything ready !! Loan, downpayment, schedule for Feb 12. Can't wait ....tomorrow will be a long day.
My dashboard changed today to Your Model S is being prepared for pickup or delivery.

VIN 70644 - S85, Blue metallic, 19" wheels, Pano roof, Black textile, Carbon fiber, Tech Package with Autopilot, Subzero Package

We got our car on February 12th from originally late February. Maybe they are working faster with Model S because the upcoming model X, so it's possible for you to have a great birthday present. Anyway my wife's birthday is also March 15th
1 week and 500 miles later ..... Amazing car, a pleasure to drive.

We got our car on February 12th from originally late February. Maybe they are working faster with Model S because the upcoming model X, so it's possible for you to have a great birthday present. Anyway my wife's birthday is also March 15th
1 week and 500 miles later ..... Amazing car, a pleasure to drive.

Sweet! I think they will deliver it the week of march 9. Even offered to spot me an Uber ride from work to the delivery warehouse.

Did you get any free swag worth mentioning. Honestly the car is great enough but a nice tesla jacket would be nice. :)