Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Nose Cone Designs (Prototype, Alpha, Beta and beyond)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all.

I should have introduced myself. I have been the automotive business for 36 years and we have been doing electric conversions for a couple of years now. My wife and I randomly wandered into the Bellevue WA Tesla store and she was immediately in love with the Sig Model S. 10 minutes later, we put down the deposit and I began the process of discovery for the Model S.

About the nose design, I always have liked classic designs for cars that stand the test of time as well as designs that are functional and serve a purpose beyond something just for looks. Tacked on items look dated soon after introduction.

If the nose cone enhances aerodynamics, that makes a difference to me. Mine will at least lose the chrome surround as soon as possible. For me the nose on the S in my earlier post looks like it might be on a car designed anywhere from 1995 to 2020. That tells me it will still look good in 2020.

25-tesla-model-s-development-1301372361.jpg

A logo could be incorporated on the front end and would look good.

I am very excited about driving my Model S. Since I can never leave anything alone, I am planning a number of aerodynamic improvements for it. I'll be looking forward to getting the wh/mi as low as possible.

Brian

Maybe I'm not getting it, but why did they put something that looks like a big black hole, where there does not need to be one? JMO!

Because that's what customers are used to looking at on big sedans. Same with the first Roadster with analog gauges and a "stick shift".

Some owners will likely paint the black void same as the car color. Some like Brian will take it even further.

Pave set it w/ diamonds and make it sparkle! maybe rubies for the sig red?

I think it would have been neat if it was all body color w/ the T emblem and maybe a little chrome, but no black (but then it wouldn't look like the roadster front end)
The postcard that I picked up from Menlo (2010?) has the front in the picture that Iz posted but it also says deliveries in 2011 & 5 min. battery swap
2012 is the new 2011 :biggrin: