Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
5d2iP03.jpg

@ Monterey 17 mile drive. Took it for a road trip down to Socal!

Inspired by franknesss' Model S, I had the chrome trim blacked out with glossy vinyl on my red P85D when it went in for full Xpel wrap and window tint at Northwest Auto Salon.

I absolutely love the look. The gloss black trim looks like it came from the factory. It ties in nicely with the gloss black pieces along side of the pano roof. Tesla should totally offer black chrome as a factory option.

Note, the car is super glossy with the Xpel, as you can see from the first photo. For whatever reason, it just looks matte under the diffused lighting of the photo booth.

IMG_20150109_193419.jpg

IMG_20150109_191316.jpg

IMG_20150109_191404.jpg

IMG_20150109_192345.jpg

IMG_20150109_192936.jpg

IMG_20150109_192632.jpg

Inspired by franknesss' Model S, I had the chrome trim blacked out with glossy vinyl on my red P85D when it went in for full Xpel wrap and window tint at Northwest Auto Salon.

I absolutely love the look. The gloss black trim looks like it came from the factory. It ties in nicely with the gloss black pieces along side of the pano roof. Tesla should totally offer black chrome as a factory option.

Note, the car is super glossy with the Xpel, as you can see from the first photo. For whatever reason, it just looks matte under the diffused lighting of the photo booth.

View attachment 68855

View attachment 68856

View attachment 68860
Wow ... This is by far the best looking MC Red Tesla that I have seen. So mean looking yet elegant at the same time. If you don't mind, I'm going to do the same chrome delete on my MC Red P85D. Just so we won't be twin :tongue:, I don't have the same Turbine wheels, but aftermarket wheels. Will post pics once done.

EarlyAdopter - your car looks very clean! any pics of the front?

You bet:

IMG_20150109_191736.jpg

IMG_20150109_191229.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Wow ... This is by far the best looking MC Red Tesla that I have seen. So mean looking yet elegant at the same time. If you don't mind, I'm going to do the same chrome delete on my MC Red P85D. Just so we won't be twin :tongue:, I don't have the same Turbine wheels, but aftermarket wheels. Will post pics once done.

Thanks! Yes, it definitely looks serious.

By all means, feel free to do the same. After all, I borrowed the idea from user "frankness" up-thread. If enough of us do this maybe Tesla will offer it as a factory option some day.

That combo looks so nice I think I will do the same when I get my, aprt from the black tint.

Are the door handles wrapped too?

They are - wrapped with the same gloss black vinyl. Likewise, the side indicators (turn signals) are wrapped as well.

I opted to leave the front and back Tesla "T" logos, "Model S", and "P85D" emblems chrome. The detailer did a really nice job cutting out the "TESLA" letters on the chrome piece on the liftgate, which I think really pops. Aside from those, all other chrome is wrapped.

IMG_20150111_132623.jpg

IMG_20150111_134438.jpg

IMG_20150111_132648.jpg

Last edited:
NICE! Your car looks amazing! Definitely no bias here =)

View attachment 68855

View attachment 68856

View attachment 68857

View attachment 68858

View attachment 68859

View attachment 68860

They are - wrapped with the same gloss black vinyl. Likewise, the side indicators (turn signals) are wrapped as well.

I opted to leave the front and back Tesla "T" logos, "Model S", and "P85D" emblems chrome. The detailer did a really nice job cutting out the "TESLA" letters on the chrome piece on the liftgate, which I think really pops. Aside from those, all other chrome is wrapped.

View attachment 69092

View attachment 69094

View attachment 69093

Very nice! I think I will copy your setting lol. Did you apply the black gloss over the xpel ultimate? I am also curious about your interior setting, mind sharing it? :p

Very nice! I think I will copy your setting lol. Did you apply the black gloss over the xpel ultimate? I am also curious about your interior setting, mind sharing it? :p

There is Xpel on top of the gloss black on the door handles and side mirrors, same places the detailer normally applies it for full Xpel wraps. This should help protect it from chips and scratches as the black gloss vinyl is rather fragile and prone to scratching, unlike the Xpel. Too bad Xpel doesn't make a self healing black gloss product.

My interior is black next gen seats, black headliner, and carbon fiber trim.