Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S range and interior update imminent?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here... the next generation model S steering wheel... you're welcome forum
new model s steering wheel.jpg

If that steering wheel gets implemented, I guess we can say goodbye to the instrument cluster :(. It's one of the awesome things on a Tesla with its high res display and customization.
They won't use that steering wheel, the rolling ball design is too functional and nice, but the quality of the forward and back steering wheel buttons might be improved a bit ... I could also see a horizontal rotation of the display and certainly the updating of the air vents. I want them to put a model x windshield on the model s and make a built in motorized sunshade cloth that can block the sun from the center overhead pillar. Some day, seeing the side and rear view mirrors to be rendered obsolete by camera would be pretty sweet.

Reactions: OBX John
New steering wheel, new battery option, and interior refresh coming 2018 as was privately told to me

Well, a new steering wheel would fit the concept of instrument cluster being replaced with, say, a HUD... :)

New battery option could fit either the 85 kWh low-end rumor or the 21-70 cell high-end speculation (130 kWh rumor? probably too soon for such a jump?)...

Well, a new steering wheel would fit the concept of instrument cluster being replaced with, say, a HUD... :)

New battery option could fit either the 85 kWh low-end rumor or the 21-70 cell high-end speculation (130 kWh rumor? probably too soon for such a jump?)...

I've been predicting a new 85. It makes sense and would streamline production. For a while all cars had the same module, the only difference between the 75 and 90 was the number used. Since they came out with the 100, they have had two different modules in production and I'm sure they want to get back to the single module again. They won't start building S and X with the 2170 until supply is enough to meet Model 3 needs with extras to spare.

In case someone didn't get the joke, that steering wheel with touch buttons is from the "stormtrooper" Model X 2013 prototype.
I thought it was a picture of the IPace ones at first glance. ;)

My personal take is if you want a starship interior JLR are closest with the Velar right now. It really is quite lovely.

Tesla will be forced to warm over the S/X once the IPace arrives with an even more tech laden setup in a BEV. I count 8 displays :eek: (2 large ones, 2 rotary dial ones, 2 steering wheel ones, the dash and the HUD)

If Tesla did this sort of refresh I might consider trading up to a newer Model S, but as it stands a newer car would only buy me fake suede on the dash/headlining, plus some seats appropriate to the price of the car.

I'm happy with the range and performance, not really fussed about the face-lift, and AP2 still seems further forward than AP1.

Tesla did a remarkable job of the interior of the S, but times move on, and it's credit only now are the competition is catching up.

Reactions: AnxietyRanger
I thought it was a picture of the IPace ones at first glance. ;)

My personal take is if you want a starship interior JLR are closest with the Velar right now. It really is quite lovely.

Tesla will be forced to warm over the S/X once the IPace arrives with an even more tech laden setup in a BEV. I count 8 displays :eek: (2 large ones, 2 rotary dial ones, 2 steering wheel ones, the dash and the HUD)

If Tesla did this sort of refresh I might consider trading up to a newer Model S, but as it stands a newer car would only buy me fake suede on the dash/headlining, plus some seats appropriate to the price of the car.

I'm happy with the range and performance, not really fussed about the face-lift, and AP2 still seems further forward than AP1.

Tesla did a remarkable job of the interior of the S, but times move on, and it's credit only now are the competition is catching up.

How reliable is your source? Do you reckon people who are fence sitters to wait until next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.