Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S range and interior update imminent?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is that it means nothing. I will not believe that Tesla, a company that is late with everything would be fixing the part numbers for all weather floor mats into the accessory system 6 months before they start producing the cars with that style and before they even produced the mats.

• Funny
Reactions: henderrj
Wonder if they transposed their numbers and meant April, 9 2018? That's this coming Monday. The line was shut down briefly this past Friday.

We're just conjecturing here, right?
Yes, purely guessing here. It might be a date mistake indeed between US <> EU, good guess.

Let's hope that April 9th is actually MI03 and a form of refresh of the vehicles.

Posted this last night. A slight change to my new Model S...
Just noticed this on my March 2018 Build Model S 100D with the new MCU. Any ideas why they added these vent slots?
Perhaps to prevent the 3 cameras from overheating? Was there a change in the camera hardware?

View attachment 291914

• Informative
Reactions: daktari and widodh
Wonder if they transposed their numbers and meant April, 9 2018? That's this coming Monday. The line was shut down briefly this past Friday.

We're just conjecturing here, right?

It would make more sense - a Tuesday in September is an odd time. Also, I think significant updates have usually occurred in April, like the facelift 2 years ago.

Doing a crosspost here: Model S refresh "MI03"

A Dutch Member found floormats in the EU shop which say for a Model X produced after September 2018. Could that hint to something coming in September?

The mats in the EU shop has just been incorrect labeled 2018 instead of 2017. They say September 2017 for 7-seater config. This is when the 7-seater config changed from the Monopost seats in the 2nd row and was replaced with the "bench". This is the reason why the mats changed for the 7-seater and there are different versions.

• Informative
Reactions: Red5StandingBy
Can you please put this thread to rest by posting photos of what the new interior will look like? :p
2C8CFE46-D332-4DB5-B472-99AEE33E2165.jpeg

My concern is that I have my IRO Dash Cam my previous 2017 Model S.
Worried that it defeat the the functionality/ intended purpose of these slots and cause a warranty issue down the road.
IRO DashCam - Model S AP2 unboxing
Well, if you think about it, hot air rises. Also if you take this cover off, there's mostly nothing behind outside of some wires (that I doubt are overheating all that much).

As such I think you would be fine.

Well, if you think about it, hot air rises. Also if you take this cover off, there's mostly nothing behind outside of some wires (that I doubt are overheating all that much).

As such I think you would be fine.
My thought was that the Dashcam would add heat which would rise into the camera cavity. Although the Dashcam also has vent slots.
C8079A7D-74BC-476E-ADFC-351DB1B911E7.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.