Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Reservation Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if it is also now closed to Roadster owners or if Roadster owners can still order and take people on the general Sig Model S list off the list?

I'm pretty sure they would have to be on a wait list as well. Whether the would get priority over a non-SSL "waitlist" would be a different question. Frankly, I don't care. Folks have had ample opportunity to fork over their $35k.

I don't think Tesla would bump anyone off of the Signature list for a Roadster owner at this point. The only thing they could do and still keep the original 1000 Signature orders would be to create an additional up from Signature Special list or something and add how ever many Roadster owners there are to this. This would create extra cars though and there would no longer only be 1000 Signature cars. I don't think they'll do either actually.

Hi all.

strider is exactly right, the wait list will be used to fill slots in the event current Sig Reservation Holders cancel or go to General Production.

Lyon, we only plan to do 1,000 and there is no plan to do a Sig Series every year.

We WILL NOT bump anyone with a confirmed reservation to make room for anyone... even Elon :)

Hope this helps... George

Thanks George, that helps immensely; this thread could have been in the hundreds of pages by now otherwise!

Hi. I'm actually here a lot. I love this forum :) Just thought I'd jump in to clarify a few things.

As you might expect, for lots of reasons, I can't participate much, but I do read as much as I can as often as I can... In short, no "Ask George" stickies.

Have a great weekend! George

Welcome, George! It's great to have you and Tesla actively following your customers' (family's?!) sentiments as expressed on forums such as this! Am sure some of you at Tesla might be having a good laugh from time to time about the ramblings, uninformed opinions and wishful thinking expressed on this forum at times :smile:

Now, about that pricing/options announcement...... :wink:

He probably forgot about the original account and just created a new one. I'm glad that Tesla corporate appears to be taking Europe's 3-phase problem seriously. Hopefully they'll come up with a solution.

Back on topic. They'll probably compress the reservation numbers when they set up the waiting list. I'm not sure why it'll take them so long. I'm #510 now, I wonder what I'll end up with.

Did somebody slip something into your smoothie?!?

I thought it was a legitimate question...I kinda ordered late and got #XXXX, technically I could be knocking someone off the Sig List after my reservation gets moved to the other list(depending on cancellations etc)...Just something that crossed my mind and I thought it was a legitimate question/concern?

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it was a legitimate question...I kinda ordered late and got #1002, technically I could be knocking someone off the Sig List after my reservation gets moved to the other list(depending on cancellations etc)...Just something that crossed my mind and I thought it was a legitimate question/concern?
It sounds like you won't be knocking anyone off of the list. If they didn't tell you that you were on a waiting list, hopefully they wouldn't have accepted your money for the Signature upgrade if there weren't any spots. I think you're good.

I thought it was a legitimate question...I kinda ordered late and got #1002, technically I could be knocking someone off the Sig List after my reservation gets moved to the other list(depending on cancellations etc)...Just something that crossed my mind and I thought it was a legitimate question/concern?

I'm sure the question was tounge in cheek. If there is going to be quality control on the questions raised here I know I won't last long...

The way I understood it was that Roadster owners that got a Sig just get theirs delivered before other Sigs. Now that the Sigs are gone, everyone, including Roadster owners, are out of luck as far as getting a Sig.

Last edited:
The way I understood it as that Roadster owner's that got a Sig just get theirs delivered before other Sigs. Now that the Sigs are gone, everyone, including Roadster owners, are out of luck as far as getting a Sig.

Agree, but it would seem plausible that Roadster owners would also go to the head of the wait list. Irregardless, any owner that waited until now probably wasn't to excited about getting a Sig.

My comment was light-hearted. (No offence intended). I can see how your thought arose, but I also have faith that Tesla would never do something like that. Guess I was also being a little sarcastic as there seems to have been a temporary culture of whiny-ness in some of the threads recently.