Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Reservation Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think all of the Signatures would be treated the same in terms of options/plaques but that's just a guess. If there's any benefit, it would be that the Signature Specials get moved in front of the Signature list.

Right. Founders may have something different/special compared to "regular" signatures, but the Sig Specials just get Roadster owners to the front of the line.

The Sig Special list just gets you to the front of the list. I was told that they will be the same as other Sigs. (Wouldn't be suprised if Tesla does a small something such as a plaque, but I'm not expecting anything based on my conversation back in October).

Regarding Sig Special getting you to the front of the list: that's all it does, but it may not even do that. Remember, as Tesla always reminds us, they aren't going to deliver in *exact* reservation number order. We could start speculating on how they're going to batch the Signatures, but I would be surprised if they *didn't* batch based on Performance vs. non-Performance, given that it involves powertrain changes, different seats, and even different computer programming.

George - give the Europeans what they want so they'll stop complaining!
Not only stop complaining but also continue championing Tesla as the greatest car company on the planet! :smile:

For me the problem is that some of the design decisions taken on the Model S prevent me from using the car in Europe as an ICE replacement, and I *need* an ICE replacement if I'm going to sell the EV idea to the majority of my friends and colleagues (most of whom are more 'mainstream' than myself and could not, or would not, use a Roadster as their main car). If I had 3 Phase and CHAdeMO then I could really stand behind the Model S and promote it without saying "don't take it into Mainland Europe" or "don't expect to easily travel further than your battery range in a day".

Not only stop complaining but also continue championing Tesla as the greatest car company on the planet! :smile:

For me the problem is that some of the design decisions taken on the Model S prevent me from using the car in Europe as an ICE replacement, and I *need* an ICE replacement if I'm going to sell the EV idea to the majority of my friends and colleagues (most of whom are more 'mainstream' than myself and could not, or would not, use a Roadster as their main car). If I had 3 Phase and CHAdeMO then I could really stand behind the Model S and promote it without saying "don't take it into Mainland Europe" or "don't expect to easily travel further than your battery range in a day".

We haven't seen the finalized US version yet. The European version, not to mention right-hand drive version, is still a long ways away. Things may (most likely will) change.