Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Reservation Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I ordered mine last night! Reservation # 13,921

Welcome and looks like you brought several friends!

model s reservations.PNG

Welcome to the forums!

Really rough: assuming about 1,850 cancellations etc. ahead of you and that Tesla will be churning out 400 production cars a week starting early December, that puts you 7.5 months out from then. July 2013!

Perfect timing, can sell a few cars in the spring when the market is prime. And my birthday is in June (but we're going to be in Australia for all of June) -- so it would be a good returning home present!

Thanks for the welcome!

Perfect timing, can sell a few cars in the spring when the market is prime. And my birthday is in June (but we're going to be in Australia for all of June) -- so it would be a good returning home present!

Thanks for the welcome!
I'd imagine you'll have e-mail access while on vacation but can't hurt to let your customer rep know exactly what dates you'll be gone and they'll put it in your account. It probably wouldn't be until June though when they contact you to set up delivery.

Current reservation rates are spectacular.

UK still looks like it is significantly underperforming. Anyone who argues that Top Gear didn't cause significant damage to Tesla is on shaky ground.

15,000+ reservations (not counting Model X). Just wow.

Maybe they don`t find it interresting before they see a right hand drive version? Wonder what Top Gear will say about the Model S..... could go either way.

Maybe they don`t find it interresting before they see a right hand drive version? Wonder what Top Gear will say about the Model S..... could go either way.

And further to that there is still no concrete pricing information for Europe at all, and I think that will play a big part. When that comes out (in the next month I gather) I imagine there will be a bit of an up-tick.

And further to that there is still no concrete pricing information for Europe at all, and I think that will play a big part. When that comes out (in the next month I gather) I imagine there will be a bit of an up-tick.

The people reserving the car now is in my opinion the late early adopters. Following after people who have waited several years, but still way ahead of people who still want to see and testdrive before they buy.
Early majority will not reserve until the cars are rolling around and can be seen/test driven. In other words, I believe the spike we see now will be nothing compared to what happens next fall. And late majority will line up from 2015 and onwards when they see that EVs really are here to stay.

In other words, Tesla is extraordinarily well positioned for growth. Some people complain that they`ll only make a few millions in 2013 and nag about high P/E. So what, they are positioned for extreme growth, only made possible by other car companies lack of innovation. Hillarious :)

Welcome to the forums!

Really rough: assuming about 1,850 cancellations etc. ahead of you and that Tesla will be churning out 400 production cars a week starting early December, that puts you 7.5 months out from then. July 2013!

Just FYI, I emailed this same question to Tesla directly, and they said 9-12 months for me. That's ok with me -- let's me see how the first batches go, lets them tweak out problems, and gives me plenty of time to unload some of my cars I want to sell before the Tesla comes.