Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Reservation Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just found an old incomplete model S signature reservation in my profile after i completed my model x reservation, and decided to try and complete it to see if it would work. Got two numbers: RN300923 and reservation sequence number 1,370. What do people think of its chances of going through?

If it's attached to a $5k deposit, maybe. If it's not, I agree with Lyon, slim to none.

Now starts the unfortunate wait where hopefully the extras we want wil still be available, and the pricing won't have jumped.

Welcome! Great choice, i don't think there is any indication right now of prices going up but probably some more options will be available by the time you get your car.

Looks like I was wrong. A price increase is coming shortly along with changes to the standard features and different option packages. However it won't affect existing reservation holders:

Is it true there will be a Model S price increase in the near future? | Forums | Tesla Motors

14097 in Oregon

A good friend of mine in Yamhill, Oregon just put down a deposit and got sequence number 14097 a few days ago. Funny thing is he didn't even know I had a reservation before he put down his deposit, but I had talked him into a Prius a few years back, so he emailed me for advice about what I thought about the Model S!:love:

That's me! Let me know if you have any questions.
Welcome to the forum.

Slightly OT perhaps:
Bonus question for new folks to the tally - What finally tipped you into putting down the reservation instead of sitting on the sidelines?

[Yes, I'm fishing to see if it's "store marketing", actual deliveries, rides with owners, published accolades, pricing change rumors, etc.]

Welcome to the forum.

Slightly OT perhaps:
Bonus question for new folks to the tally - What finally tipped you into putting down the reservation instead of sitting on the sidelines?

[Yes, I'm fishing to see if it's "store marketing", actual deliveries, rides with owners, published accolades, pricing change rumors, etc.]

For me it was a test drive. I think the awards are obviously bringing recognition but most significantly, Tesla has opened some stores over the past 2 months in very high traffic locations. I really think that is what will advance sales the most. The Lincoln Rd store in Miami had a soft opening Friday and I've got to think that store alone will account for significant daily orders. The retail locations are giving people the opportunity to experience the car and drive. If Tesla can get through the lawsuit and continue opening stores at high traffic malls, they will have no problem with sales. Also the new stores are in great locations relative to the old stores (ie Lincoln Rd on Miami Beach vs. industrial park in Dania). In fact I think they should move the Dania store to Aventura mall.

A friend in Seattle just made his reservation (like minutes ago): 14,346.

To answer brianman's question, I think the MT COTY pushed him over the top.

That's 425 in 6 days or about 71/day.

eek2.gif

For me it was a test drive. I think the awards are obviously bringing recognition but most significantly, Tesla has opened some stores over the past 2 months in very high traffic locations. I really think that is what will advance sales the most. The Lincoln Rd store in Miami had a soft opening Friday and I've got to think that store alone will account for significant daily orders. The retail locations are giving people the opportunity to experience the car and drive. If Tesla can get through the lawsuit and continue opening stores at high traffic malls, they will have no problem with sales. Also the new stores are in great locations relative to the old stores (ie Lincoln Rd on Miami Beach vs. industrial park in Dania). In fact I think they should move the Dania store to Aventura mall.

I went to the Lincoln Rd store on Saturday, and it was nearly over occupancy. You couldn't move in there, it was so crowded. I think it will do very well. The Dania Beach facility isn't a store anymore, it's a service facility only. In fact, I was there on Monday and they've already knocked all of the walls down and the showroom is gone already! I think it's a good location for a service center.

Why am I going from Tesla facility to Tesla facility? Because I'm obsessed!

I went to the Lincoln Rd store on Saturday, and it was nearly over occupancy. You couldn't move in there, it was so crowded. I think it will do very well. The Dania Beach facility isn't a store anymore, it's a service facility only. In fact, I was there on Monday and they've already knocked all of the walls down and the showroom is gone already! I think it's a good location for a service center.

Why am I going from Tesla facility to Tesla facility? Because I'm obsessed!

You're not alone!

I didn't know Dania was switching to just service facility. I agree, for service it's a really great location.