Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Reservation Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EU P1494 reported in Norway today :)

P1474 on the 31st of october and P1494 on 2nd of november. 10 per day in EU alone :)

Wow, that puts them at 47/day total. That's already ahead of the expected production rate for 2013! Hopefully that's enough to convince Tesla to keep the production ramp going well above 400/week. I'm curious to see the global reservation rate in January after all the new announced stores are opened. We have the Lincoln Rd store opening next week and I have to think those types of stores will drive strong sales. When do they begin sales in Japan? I know Japan was announced but haven't heard anything about South America or China, any word on sales there?

Wow, that puts them at 47/day total. That's already ahead of the expected production rate for 2013! Hopefully that's enough to convince Tesla to keep the production ramp going well above 400/week. I'm curious to see the global reservation rate in January after all the new announced stores are opened. We have the Lincoln Rd store opening next week and I have to think those types of stores will drive strong sales. When do they begin sales in Japan? I know Japan was announced but haven't heard anything about South America or China, any word on sales there?

Update: Today the most important financial newspaper in Norway has Tesla Model S on the front page. The cover of the car magazine which is included with the newspaper has the Model S all over the front page, and five pages dedicated to the car.
It scores 9 out of ten. "Elegant luxury car with supercar powers for an exeptionally low price (due to our taxing of ICE cars).
If you think EU reservations were high now, just wait and see. Shorters, be aware...... (i know Norway is a small market, but Norwegian sales will take a huge chunk of Teslas production capacity!)
Guess Norwegian BMW, Audi, Jag ++ dealerships are green with envy.

Update: Today the most important financial newspaper in Norway has Tesla Model S on the front page. The cover of the car magazine which is included with the newspaper has the Model S all over the front page, and five pages dedicated to the car.
It scores 9 out of ten. "Elegant luxury car with supercar powers for an exeptionally low price (due to our taxing of ICE cars).
If you think EU reservations were high now, just wait and see. Shorters, be aware...... (i know Norway is a small market, but Norwegian sales will take a huge chunk of Teslas production capacity!)

Great to hear that Tesla's story is getting out to the public. Does the paper have a website with the story also? It would be great to have a link. I don't speak Norwegian, but there is always google translate.

GSP

If they're online, do you happen to have the URL?

Thanks.

Their URL is Finansavisen. I suppose it would be a bit like the Wall Street Journal in the US. Though their webpage has small excerpts from their articles only and nothing from the motor section. Every saturday they have a big insert/magazine included with the newspaper with a motor theme. As Oyvind mentioned above this saturday it was dominated by the Model S.

Cobos

I've been debating whether or not to jump in on the board as I'm not the reservation holder (my dad is), but I figured I'd give an albeit delayed data point to add to the stack. P12,111 reserved on 19-Sep.

After test driving a P85 and beating a sportbike of the line at a stoplight, needless to say, I can't wait for him to take delivery.

What is a popular American or Japanese car that is equivalent price wise to a Sig Performance in Norway, after taxes?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Well, the norwegian pricing for the Model S hasn't been announced yet, but since it's an EV and tax exempt in Norway it should be similar to the US pricing except for the cost of shipping, no tax credit and however much extra profit Tesla decides to tack on. Somewhere between $110.000 and $115.000 I would hazard to guess. This is roughly comparable to a Lexus IS 250, the Luxury version runs at about $116.500 while the Executive version is about $104.500. However since Lexus has a rather small presence in Norway and the 204hp engine makes the IS 250 rather pricy it's not a very popular car in Norway.
You might find it interesting to compare it to a Ford Kuga however, which is very popular, with the 163hp diesel engine a Ford Kuga Titanium S starts at $79.700 before options.

The cars that are comparable to the Model S P85 performance-wise, such as the M5, Panamera S, or S6, all cost somewhere north of $250k up here. No wonder that there are more than 500 Model S reservations in Norway so far, even before prices or delivery dates have been announced.

Edit: With reviews like this, more reservations are probably coming thick and fast: Google translated review.

Last edited: