Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
is there a setting where the telescoping wheel will auto-retract when you put the car in park? I currently have a self-created driver profile called "exit" ive been using to do this but it would be nice to just have it happen without changing the profile.
No, you have to do it manually as your are using profiles. It’s what I do every time I get in and out of my MS.

There was reference a while back that said Tesla was going to implement an automatic easy entry/exit function like other vehicles have had for years, but given those sort of past promises, it’s hard to say if/when it will be delivered and to what models.

I would like to see a "Reset" button in sound control screen. Currently you can change the setting for sound using sliding buttons but it is very hard to slide them back on "0" using fingers. With a Reset button, all setting can be back to "0" easily while driving.
equlizer.jpg

Reactions: Bebop
I really really wish you can access charging information in the car.

like...

How much Supercharging have I done to this date? How much energy to date has been supercharging?

How much energy has been put into my car from my 240V plug at home. Out of all the charging I have done so far, how much kwh has been the 240 plug.

I really want to be able to track this stuff. Would love to see a data page in the charging button at the top of the screen. You can see daily reports, weekly, monthly and yearly.

Also I’d love to track how many miles on the odometer have been using Autopilot.

Last edited:
I really really wish you can access charging information in the car.

like...

How much Supercharging have I done to this date? How much energy to date has been supercharging?

How much energy has been put into my car from my 240V plug at home. Out of all the charging I have done so far, how much kwh has been the 240 plug.

I really want to be able to track this stuff. Would love to see a data page in the charging button at the top of the screen. You can see daily reports, weekly, monthly and yearly.

Also I’d love to track how many miles on the odometer have been using Autopilot.
A very good idea but please bear in mind that those info even if available will not represent your electricity consumption. If you can get around 85% of your consumption from your wall socket consumed by car you would be lucky. In other word if you have 100 KW/h model and is fully charged, then you use 50% of it and try to charge the car to its full capacity, your home electricity consumption would be more than 50 KW. So having info from car would not be an accurate count of your consumption. The best is to have Tesla wall charger equipped with a meter to show amount of consumption.

Tesla needs to improve blind-spot alerts. When making a lane change on a highway, your eyes are on the side view mirrors, not dash board, and ears listening for a sound when directional signal is on. My Mercedes and Kia have visual warning indicators in side mirrors and an audible alert warning of a vehicle in my blind spot. They work excellent. At a minimum, Tesla needs a warning sound when potentially there is a vehicle in driver's blind spot. I'm a new S-model owner and shocked that feature wasn't standard equipment. Gee, can't software use radar to identify blind spot objects and ring an alarm when directional signal is turned on? It sounds trivial to this engineer.

Reactions: Hans-L and Enadler
Tesla needs to improve blind-spot alerts. When making a lane change on a highway, your eyes are on the side view mirrors, not dash board, and ears listening for a sound when directional signal is on. My Mercedes and Kia have visual warning indicators in side mirrors and an audible alert warning of a vehicle in my blind spot. They work excellent. At a minimum, Tesla needs a warning sound when potentially there is a vehicle in driver's blind spot. I'm a new S-model owner and shocked that feature wasn't standard equipment. Gee, can't software use radar to identify blind spot objects and ring an alarm when directional signal is turned on? It sounds trivial to this engineer.

Yeah I have noticed this too. I will purposely (to test it out) try to make a lane change with a car next to me, click on the indicator and the car doesn't beep or sensors don't go off or anything.

It would be great to have an easy way to temporarily turn off the speed chime until the next drive. Maybe a quick popup on the center screen or a shortcut using steering wheel controls?

I really like the speed chime. I set it for 6mph over the limit and it's a helpful reminder when I'm on local streets. But when I'm on the highway, it's a different situation. Traffic generally moves 5-10mph over the limit, and the chime goes off repeatedly as the car speeds and slows due to traffic. Turning it off requires digging into the menus, and then I need to remember to turn it on again for the next drive.

Tesla's monthly reminder:

FIX THE USB MUSIC BUGS

Gapless playback has been missing since day one, which makes Tesla's music system provably inferior to a CD player and inferior to a tape deck. Since then, Tesla has produced defective software updates making things worse by breaking the software completely on large music collections due to "scanning" delays.

It's obvious their software programmers are spending no time whatsoever on implementing basic functionality which was available in 1988. Tesla has easily the worst car music system in the business, and it's entirely due to incompetence on the part of their programming team: the concept is great, they just have to actually implement it competently.

My 2014 MS P85 (non-AP) took the V8.1 update (2017.42 a88c8d5) on 10/26/2017. The update added the Camper Mode (or in my case, little dog mode). That will be easier than the parking brake workaround I was using before.

Unfortunately, the update also made a change I really disagree with. The mirrors now unfold when the car wakes up. Previously, the mirrors only unfolded when a door was opened. That let me walk past the mirrors before they unfolded.

Please put the mirrors back to unfold when the door opens, instead of when the car wakes up and unlocks.

As a reminder to folks, TMC isn't run or officially monitored by Tesla. So -- while posts here are interesting to other Tesla enthusiasts, an email to [email protected] or official report as one of the items on your next SvC visit has a much better chance of getting suggestions, annoyances, and bugs into Tesla's pipeline for possible consideration and resolution.

Not sure if this has been mentioned as I haven't been to this thread in a while, but...

The Rain Sensing wipers are so terrible (I'm not the only one who says this) that I'd like a simple ON/OFF toggle in the Settings to revert to normal High or Low Intermittent wiper action.

No, you have to do it manually as your are using profiles. It’s what I do every time I get in and out of my MS.

There was reference a while back that said Tesla was going to implement an automatic easy entry/exit function like other vehicles have had for years, but given those sort of past promises, it’s hard to say if/when it will be delivered and to what models.
Functionality available in latest release. I received it last night tested it today and it works. When put the car in park it automatically slides the seat back and the steering wheel forward(to whatever position you set). When you turn car on/step on break it goes back to your profile settings.

I wish they could more accurately predict my range. Based on lifetime wh/ml they surely could implement another option (i.e. rated, typical and 'REALISTIC') range.

I know I drive with a heavy right foot, so show me my real range. My 90% (in a 75D) is 221. I NEVER get close. More like 180, which I accept is my fault as my lifetime wh/ml is 363, but please please please give me an option to show this. I have to knock off 20% off everything it says, and for something as critical as this for an EV, I feel they must be able to show this.

It throws out the sat nav big time too, as I never make it to the SC's it's aiming for.

Surely it's not hard for Tesla to implement? I work in software and could probably program it myself if they allowed me in!

I wish they could more accurately predict my range. Based on lifetime wh/ml they surely could implement another option (i.e. rated, typical and 'REALISTIC') range.

I've thought about this plenty of times. One of my regular drives is over a mountain pass that can chew up the power at vastly different rates depending on conditions. What's worse, the internal trip energy calculation uses incorrect speed limits and has *never* been close to accurate. On other routes, very accurate... but this one, not a hope.

With all the data that is streamed back to the mothership, I think it would be quite possible to create a multi-dimensional 'point cloud' for a route you plug into the nav system. As more cars have driven the programmed route, in different conditions, at different speeds, with different loads...the number of points will increase. If I plug in the route and I'm at the low elevation end...it's a degree above freezing and the wipers are going... there's a good chance it's going to be colder up higher, a good chance there will be snow or slush...etc. The car knows my driving habits. It could probably even access weather information on the web. It can probably estimate the load in the car from the way it's performed to that point... Therefore, it should be able to pull a range of energy consumption based on the anticipated conditions and plot a band instead of a line on my energy graph.

It's the odd conditions that really mess with the confidence of the masses in EV's and ramps up their range anxiety. If some of the variables could be fine-lined, confidence would increase. I should not have to use my own experience on a particular route to guesstimate the expected magnitude of inaccuracy in the energy calculation. But I do, and I've created my own 'point cloud' in my head to deal with it. Would be great if Tesla could combine all that anecdotal information from all cars to better make estimates.

Reactions: shthpnz