Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S to the Nürburgring Next Week!

Would Elon Announce a Nürburgring Visit Without Already Knowing the S Would Beat the Taycan’s Time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it "next week" yet?

popcorn.gif

If you've watched the video, the Taycan driver was taking chances with corners and speeds that may not be suitable for a non-roll cage car. One bad mistake ...

Recall Sabine's lap in the Ford Transit, it was balls-out nuts, and she commented that it was life threatening to even try one more time.

Yes. In my opinion, pushing anything faster than 8 minutes is risky on the Ring. Best with helmet, roll cage, and 4+ point hardness. Model S that runs on the Ring should have those as well. I think as long as the total weight from adding roll cage, race seats (4 point hardness don't work for most street cars), and other safety mods are equal or more of a showroom car, then I think the cars should still be considered representative to typical street car.

BTW, this is a good channel to see how dangerous Ring is if people aren't aware of it. It's not a place that tolerate mistakes...

Yes. In my opinion, pushing anything faster than 8 minutes is risky on the Ring. Best with helmet, roll cage, and 4+ point hardness. Model S that runs on the Ring should have those as well. I think as long as the total weight from adding roll cage, race seats (4 point hardness don't work for most street cars), and other safety mods are equal or more of a showroom car, then I think the cars should still be considered representative to typical street car.

BTW, this is a good channel to see how dangerous Ring is if people aren't aware of it. It's not a place that tolerate mistakes...

Looks like a great use of ICE cars if you ask me.

I do believe I saw a Model S on that compilation (not a crash).

Great pic. Yes serious...because the 0-60 speed is related to the powertrain development. Which is what matters if you are attempting to make the electric cars the norm in the world. Tesla correctly focused on this stat and nothing else. They made a great looking fast car so it would be cool and acceptable for rich people to own. Strategically it is completely aligned with the need to understand and have unsurpassed drivetrain-from battery to motors. Porsche focused and spent 7 years building a great handling electric car. Tesla sales grew from less than a few thousand a year to hundreds of thousands of years in the time it took Porsche to react.

In that time Porsche built a loser car. Shorter range, heavier, more materials, no adequate charging ability, etc etc. From a car point of view, used 1 time on a track ok it is neat. From a vehicle that will impact the world or the company they have an enourrmass dud.

Bottom line guys...whatever the result, I’m not paying 185k for an EV that has less range and power and can’t ferry my kids to soccer, pick up groceries and fit all our luggage on a local trip to the cottage...and with autopilot...all in one beautiful package. :)

Anyone see the new Merc concept today? Ok so...wow. If it’s even 80% of concept at production, it’s a winner.

Mercedes-Benz unveils EQS electric sedan concept with 435 miles of range and 350 kW charging - Electrek

Exactly, less capable car for much more $. What a joke. I mean if they want a niche track car, great. But they won't change the world like that.