Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S to the Nürburgring Next Week!

Would Elon Announce a Nürburgring Visit Without Already Knowing the S Would Beat the Taycan’s Time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here a question though. If this special edition end up being equal to Taycan on the Ring but also in term of reduced efficiency, then wouldn't last week's argument go away? Or worst, this car is less efficient but not quite as fast as Taycan. Wouldn't that actually go against Model S?

I think Tesla should have instead go after a full luxurious interior and take the EQS customers before that car is released.

It looks like it is a new trim level: P100D+

View attachment 453509

So I guess there goes the complaints about it being a one-off custom version for the run. And I suspect that it will become orderable after they complete the run.

Bigger carbon brakes, fatter tires, better cooling, stiffer suspension, and charge another 20K for it and have the biggest margin of any Tesla. And it will sell out.

And then they should stick it to Porsche and call it a N100D. N for Nurburgring.

Bigger carbon brakes, fatter tires, better cooling, stiffer suspension, and charge another 20K for it and have the biggest margin of any Tesla. And it will sell out.

And then they should stick it to Porsche and call it a N100D. N for Nurburgring.

I think it has to be a minimum $50k option. Using parts price for a 911GT3 (likely similar size to Taycan Turbo areS), tires are $2000+, carbon ceramic discs are $20k+, lightweight wheels are probably $2k to $3k. Plus the profit margin needed, I got to think it's $50k+ options. I do think it'll sold out right away though, but it'll be out of reach for most probably.

Reactions: MP3Mike and DanCar
Think of how many P90D / P100D owners (maybe a few P3D's too?) would trade in their cars for this monster, especially if it has a higher top end and even lower 0-60. so what if the range is reduced a bit - it will still have more range than any other EV, and likely stay >300 miles. Should boost Q4 sales!

Screenshot_20190911-221233_Chrome.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: humbaba and Skipdd