Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - Window Tinting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay, right or wrong I am going with Crystalline again.. I have used it on three other vehicles. I believe the photosync might be a little better in the specifications and has a little better look. In fact, I wanted to go that direction but cost was a major factor. The best price for a total car sides, back, windshield and Panorama roof was $1,100.00 before tax. 3M Crystalline is $685.00. I went with 3M. My appointment is Friday. We will see how it goes.

I think you should be okay with most of the ceramics. More importantly is the installer. I just got Huper installed and even with the great reviews for the place I went to, they did a poor job with specks trapped underneath the tint. I had them redo it but there was still some after doing it again the same day. It was a looooooooong day. I got schedule to bring it in the morning. I was there at 10:30am and was told it would be around 2pm to finish. 2pm comes around and they didn't even start on my car. I wanna say it was close to 5pm when they got it done and I'm sure they rushed it. Driving away I see all these dust specs. Promptly took it back and they redid it in about another hour. Still dust specs. Will have to bring it back again another day. Why schedule someone to come in the morning when you won't even start on the car. Other peoples time is not important to this shop.

Our customer looking to reduce interior cabin temperatures for his Model S as we are in the midst of a heat wave and driving comfort is important to most coming through Adonis. We are getting close to 90-95* days here in SoCal. First off, let's answer some FAQs:

1. How does Prestige's CeraLuxe differ from the other "Ceramic" tints on the market?
a) Dyed Films (the most popular due to cost and availability) - 20%-30% in infrared rejection / Total Solar Energy Rejection: 20%-40%
b) Metallic Films (dying breed due to more and more electronics in cars today) - 40%-60% infrared rejection / Total Solar Energy Rejection: 40%-55%
c) Ceramics (certain ceramic brands actually still use metallics despite claiming none in its composition and will also distort when heat shrunk to fit to the rear glass) - 50% - 80% infrared rejection / Total Solar Energy Rejection: 40% - 55%
d) IR film - 45%-55% Infrared Rejection / Total Solar Energy Rejection: 40% - 55%

E) CeraLuxe Quantum Ceramic Nano Window Film (only technology of its kind) - up to 96% Infrared Rejection / Total Solar Energy Rejection: 52% -71%

Tesla shown has CLX45% on front sides, CLX33 on rear*

IMG_6319.jpg

Call 760-815-5933 or email us at [email protected] for more info or questions.

Hey Tim question for you, do you recommend tinting the Pano Roof as well for maximum heat rejection?

I do recommend this, reason is even though this glass is "treated" from the factory its main benefit of this treatment is UV rejection not heat. A quality film such as Spectra Photosync or CeraLuxe will be able to provide high heat rejection without having to use a dark percentage that could change the look or light transfer from the pano roof.

Can someone recommend a few good tint options / packages avail in the SFbay? Many thanks!

If I was to do it again I would go see Vince at Omega Werks in Pleasanton. He is a master at this craft. He uses LLumar ceramic.
Keep in mind that his schedule is gonna be 1-2 months out because he's a one man show and does all the work himself. If he hired some help, I would make sure he's the one that does your car. He does edge to edge feathering (request this) so you won't see any cuts of film on your window. I used him on all my previous cars. ($490.00 all side and rear windows)

From a lot of reviews here alone. I don't think you could go wrong with Premier if you wanted Photosync. ($795 all side and rear windows)

There are only two shops that do Huper Optic in the Bay area and I went to one and was not happy with the installer I went to. ($600 all side and rear windows)

I wanted originally to go to either Omega Werks or Premier but I was impatient because of scheduling conflicts. I had a trip down south and wanted the windows done for the trip. I definitely should of waited.

If I was to do it again I would go see Vince at Omega Werks in Pleasanton. He is a master at this craft. He uses LLumar ceramic.
Keep in mind that his schedule is gonna be 1-2 months out because he's a one man show and does all the work himself. If he hired some help, I would make sure he's the one that does your car. He does edge to edge feathering (request this) so you won't see any cuts of film on your window. I used him on all my previous cars. ($490.00 all side and rear windows)

From a lot of reviews here alone. I don't think you could go wrong with Premier if you wanted Photosync. ($795 all side and rear windows)

There are only two shops that do Huper Optic in the Bay area and I went to one and was not happy with the installer I went to. ($600 all side and rear windows)

I wanted originally to go to either Omega Werks or Premier but I was impatient because of scheduling conflicts. I had a trip down south and wanted the windows done for the trip. I definitely should of waited.
Thank you for the tips! Out of curiosity, how much has other forum experience been with cost of Photosync or Huber for the Pano? Anyone with photos with a black s with black interior?

Hello,

I'm looking to get Photosync tint on my new car and noticed a lot of Tesla owners are using it.

I was hoping someone might know of some installed in the Kitchener, Ontario, Canada or London, Ontario, Canada area.

I've search all over google and can't find any and I've been calling all 4 numbers on Prestige Film's website (Contact Prestige Film Technologies) for the past 2 weeks, to ask them but non one ever answers the phone and I've left messages and sent e-mails and no replies.

So this is kind of my last resort before moving onto another tint.

Thanks,

Hello,

I'm looking to get Photosync tint on my new car and noticed a lot of Tesla owners are using it.

I was hoping someone might know of some installed in the Kitchener, Ontario, Canada or London, Ontario, Canada area.

I've search all over google and can't find any and I've been calling all 4 numbers on Prestige Film's website (Contact Prestige Film Technologies) for the past 2 weeks, to ask them but non one ever answers the phone and I've left messages and sent e-mails and no replies.

So this is kind of my last resort before moving onto another tint.

Thanks,

It's all taken care of.
There was internal miscommunication and they apologised for taking so long to get back.
Really nice guy.

Reactions: markn455
I think you should be okay with most of the ceramics. More importantly is the installer. I just got Huper installed and even with the great reviews for the place I went to, they did a poor job with specks trapped underneath the tint. I had them redo it but there was still some after doing it again the same day. It was a looooooooong day. I got schedule to bring it in the morning. I was there at 10:30am and was told it would be around 2pm to finish. 2pm comes around and they didn't even start on my car. I wanna say it was close to 5pm when they got it done and I'm sure they rushed it. Driving away I see all these dust specs. Promptly took it back and they redid it in about another hour. Still dust specs. Will have to bring it back again another day. Why schedule someone to come in the morning when you won't even start on the car. Other peoples time is not important to this shop.

Sorry to hear about your experience. Any quality shop will work hard to take care of their customers and it sounds like they are trying. Hope everything works out in the end.

Okay, right or wrong I am going with Crystalline again.. I have used it on three other vehicles. I believe the photosync might be a little better in the specifications and has a little better look. In fact, I wanted to go that direction but cost was a major factor. The best price for a total car sides, back, windshield and Panorama roof was $1,100.00 before tax. 3M Crystalline is $685.00. I went with 3M. My appointment is Friday. We will see how it goes.
I went with the Crystalline for the fifth time. The car looks wonderful. Temps have been between 90-100 all week so I had a great opportunity to test the effectiveness. The comfort in the car is greatly improved. This is the 5th vehicle I have tinted wth Crystalline and have never been disappointed. The auto fan speed on the A/C seems to be happy running one to two steps lower than before the 3M Crystalline was put on the car. Very pleased!

I went with the Crystalline for the fifth time. The car looks wonderful. Temps have been between 90-100 all week so I had a great opportunity to test the effectiveness. The comfort in the car is greatly improved. This is the 5th vehicle I have tinted wth Crystalline and have never been disappointed. The auto fan speed on the A/C seems to be happy running one to two steps lower than before the 3M Crystalline was put on the car. Very pleased!

Great to hear mark! Do you have any pictures with the tint installed on the car?