Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - Window Tinting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

For those interested in window film for your Model S/X, I highly recommend doing thorough research of each option on the market. Spectra Photosync's "Solar Adapative Coating" is not just a marketing term. But actual technology that increases heat resistance when exposed to sunlight.

Attachments

• Spectra-PhotoSync-Digital-Brochure.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 92
Got Huper Optik 30% installed on Friday. So far I am pretty happy. The heat rejection is outstanding. There are still quite a few bubbles, but the tint shop assured me they will go away after a few days. I might try to park the car outside this afternoon, as they said parking the car in the hot sun will help the bubbles dissipate faster. Here's a quick pic I took Saturday at the Waco supercharger.

IMG_20160716_134015.jpg

Got Huper Optik 30% installed on Friday. So far I am pretty happy. The heat rejection is outstanding. There are still quite a few bubbles, but the tint shop assured me they will go away after a few days. I might try to park the car outside this afternoon, as they said parking the car in the hot sun will help the bubbles dissipate faster. Here's a quick pic I took Saturday at the Waco supercharger.

View attachment 185811
The bubbles will disappear after a few days. I am sure they cautioned you about not lowering the windows for the first 3-5 days. In addition to not lowering the windows, my installer said it's helpful on the curing process to leave the car parked out in the sunlight the first few days.

• Informative
Reactions: Boourns
The bubbles will disappear after a few days. I am sure they cautioned you about not lowering the windows for the first 3-5 days. In addition to not lowering the windows, my installer said it's helpful on the curing process to leave the car parked out in the sunlight the first few days.

Thanks! I just parked the car out on the street, so hopefully after work today things are improved. I snapped a few pics for those of you considering the Huper. These have been cropped and very lightly edited, mostly because it was super bright out. The darkness and color shows true.
IMG_20160718_114811.jpg IMG_20160718_114822.jpg IMG_20160718_114835.jpg IMG_20160718_114845.jpg

Yep it was Pro Tint.

Still have major bubbles as of this morning. I parked outside today, so I'm hoping to see some improvement when I leave work in a few minutes.

Hmmm, a week and a trip to Waco and back seems like a long time for the bubbles to settle...of course my cars are perpetually outside so "getting some sun" to remove the bubbles has never been a problem. I do vaguely remember them taking longer than I though they should to dissipate, but that was 4 years ago.

Hmmm, a week and a trip to Waco and back seems like a long time for the bubbles to settle...of course my cars are perpetually outside so "getting some sun" to remove the bubbles has never been a problem. I do vaguely remember them taking longer than I though they should to dissipate, but that was 4 years ago.

It can take up to 2 weeks for window film to fully "cure". Just be patient and if things don't improve or become unsightly be sure to bring it up with the tint shop. Its physically impossible for any film installation to be "perfect" but it should not be unsightly.

I am pretty unfamiliar with how law enforcement handles tint here in Dallas but I'd prefer mine a lot darker. I am new to the area though and my truck failed inspection after moving from Florida. I had to take my tint off.

I guess I'll go the darkest the legal limit allows on the front windows as required by law and absolute darkest on all the other ones.

Especially on my ordered black tesla.

Has anyone up in Toronto or the GTA ever had Photosync put on their car and are happy with the quality of the install? I'm looking to find an installer who can get it done fairly quickly.

Not sure who is in your area, but recommend either emailing or calling the Prestige Film Technologies rep - 408-657-3880 or [email protected]

Goodluck!

Reactions: TrevTremaine
Is there a way to tell what type of tint you have?

I bought a CPO car and it looks like it has tint on it but I can't tell what brand, if its ceramic or not, and what percentage(looks light).
It's been hot as heck in socal and was going to put in ceramic.

Hello TrevTremaine. Your S sounds exactly like mine, delivered same time too, except in Pearl White.
I've been able to locate two shops in the GTA area, but have been too busy to make the time to call and inquire. Will get to it before the summer is done.
AutoLinks in the east end.
AMP Motorsports in Concord.

Good luck and post any feedback you have regarding them, if you happen to go this route

Reactions: TrevTremaine