Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - Window Tinting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today, we decided to do another test of photosync to check to see if it's performance aspects have changed in any way over time. So we checked the photosync on our company work horse - a 2004 Toyota Prius. We installed photosync to it in 2009 when we first wanted to test its heat rejection capabilities and durability on this car before we offered this product to our customers.

First note - our company car sits outdoor 7 days a week 365 days a year, so it gets plenty of exposure to UV, IR, and just about everything else.

Fast forward 6 years later to today, we decided to use the Spectrum Analyzer to see how the photoSync 55 on the front windows and 35 on the rears are performing.

**note: Spectrum Analyzer is a top tool made by EDTM. It measures not only the 900-1000nm range, but also extends over 1700nm to measure IR. It also uses NFRC 300 ratings, which is essentially the window film standard for certification and measurement of glazing products' performance.

Results: for photosync 55
**900-1000nm: 99% IR rejection
**over 1700nm: 96% IR rejection

Results for photosync 35
**900-1000nm: : 99% IR rejection
**over 1700nm: 97% IR rejection

The performance scale of photosync installed to this 6 yr old car shows that there is no performance degradation of photosync and it is in fact holding up very well from scratches, fading, bubbling, etc. This is a top performing product on the market and this simple test shows why photosync is #1 in our eyes.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 1,163
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    295.2 KB · Views: 1,134
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 1,132
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    609.9 KB · Views: 1,136
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    559.8 KB · Views: 1,144
I had my car for 21 days and had it tinted 50% all around. Special tint that reflects 90%. It looks great with the silver and grey wheels and the pano roof.

Not too dark, I doubt if I will have any police issues (illegal in CA to do driver/passenger doors) and looks very sharp :)

I had my car for 21 days and had it tinted 50% all around. Special tint that reflects 90%. It looks great with the silver and grey wheels and the pano roof.

Not too dark, I doubt if I will have any police issues (illegal in CA to do driver/passenger doors) and looks very sharp :)

Also in CA and having mine done with 50% on the sides and 35% on the rear this weekend. No tint on the pano or winshield. Will post pics some time next week.

Today, we decided to do another test of photosync to check to see if it's performance aspects have changed in any way over time. So we checked the photosync on our company work horse - a 2004 Toyota Prius. We installed photosync to it in 2009 when we first wanted to test its heat rejection capabilities and durability on this car before we offered this product to our customers.

First note - our company car sits outdoor 7 days a week 365 days a year, so it gets plenty of exposure to UV, IR, and just about everything else.

Fast forward 6 years later to today, we decided to use the Spectrum Analyzer to see how the photoSync 55 on the front windows and 35 on the rears are performing.

**note: Spectrum Analyzer is a top tool made by EDTM. It measures not only the 900-1000nm range, but also extends over 1700nm to measure IR. It also uses NFRC 300 ratings, which is essentially the window film standard for certification and measurement of glazing products' performance.

Results: for photosync 55
**900-1000nm: 99% IR rejection
**over 1700nm: 96% IR rejection

Results for photosync 35
**900-1000nm: : 99% IR rejection
**over 1700nm: 97% IR rejection

The performance scale of photosync installed to this 6 yr old car shows that there is no performance degradation of photosync and it is in fact holding up very well from scratches, fading, bubbling, etc. This is a top performing product on the market and this simple test shows why photosync is #1 in our eyes.

We all appreciate very much your continuous demonstrations on the efficacy of photosynch. Going forward, all of my cars will get this.

Commending Premiere to conducting these very interesting tests, though, in my eyes not really necessary. I've found that the cars I have photosynch (12C, LP700, 458, P85+) are much more comfortable during summer. Have not had any issues with this tint and quite satisfied. Nonetheless, thank you Premiere for solidifying our beliefs.

Commending Premiere to conducting these very interesting tests, though, in my eyes not really necessary. I've found that the cars I have photosynch (12C, LP700, 458, P85+) are much more comfortable during summer. Have not had any issues with this tint and quite satisfied. Nonetheless, thank you Premiere for solidifying our beliefs.

You're very welcome. Photosync is indeed a high quality product that provides the real world benefits of heat rejection without any drawbacks. It's a must during those hot summer months. During the winter months, it will also retain heat better inside the cabin, so you will not have to blast your heater to stay warm.

Those pondering PhotoSync, but would like a product that goes a little darker yet still performs extremely well - look into CeraLuxe Quantum Ceramic. This is Prestige's new ceramic line that comes in 70%, 45%, 33%, and 20%. An excellent product that costs a little less than PhotoSync.

You're very welcome. Photosync is indeed a high quality product that provides the real world benefits of heat rejection without any drawbacks. It's a must during those hot summer months. During the winter months, it will also retain heat better inside the cabin, so you will not have to blast your heater to stay warm.

Those pondering PhotoSync, but would like a product that goes a little darker yet still performs extremely well - look into CeraLuxe Quantum Ceramic. This is Prestige's new ceramic line that comes in 70%, 45%, 33%, and 20%. An excellent product that costs a little less than PhotoSync.

Have you had anybody come back with lots of scratching in the tint? Mine has gotten pretty scratched up from sand getting caught in the felt on the inside of the seals that rub against the windows when you roll them down.

Thanks Tyler. And here are some photos we took of your Ferrari and your gray P85+. Great taste in cars by the way. Would also like to mention that there are numerous quality window films on the market, so make your comparison not only on product performance, but also:

1. color of tint - this is highly subjective
2. shade - or measured in professional term: VLT (Visible Light Transmission). Check to see what the legal restrictions are in your state and locality
3. most important - quality of installation from the company performing the work. Best to see what the work looks like in person before committing. Inspect window gap along top edge, look for dust and contamination, etc.

DSC00652_zpsb7ed5c37.jpg

DSC00660_zpseb2978f8.jpg

DSC00661_zpsd7dd947c.jpg