Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X July Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought I'd join this thread too. We were a reservation holder before the Design Studio went live, but waited to actually order. My 90D order confirmed on 05/18, I'm in CA, and I still don't have a VIN. :( I'm starting to feel rather left out. My DS estimated that it should go into production in July, and I'm really hoping that since I'm close that will still result in a July delivery as the Design Studio said when I ordered it. *fingers crossed*

Anyone else get a VIN for a 90D recently?

Thought I'd join this thread too. We were a reservation holder before the Design Studio went live, but waited to actually order. My 90D order confirmed on 05/18, I'm in CA, and I still don't have a VIN. :( I'm starting to feel rather left out. My DS estimated that it should go into production in July, and I'm really hoping that since I'm close that will still result in a July delivery as the Design Studio said when I ordered it. *fingers crossed*

No VIN yet, but I ordered about a week after you and I'm on the east coast. I wonder if the Design Studio is intelligent enough to base the Delivery timeframe on your location (i.e. if you are on the east coast, does the stated delivery month take shipping to that part of the country account)? Or, is it based on Production (i.e. Tesla knows the max orders they can fulfill in July regardless of location that they are ordered from)?

I can't seem to edit my previous post and I forgot to mention that it's a 6 seater with PUP and almost all options..

My 90D order confirmed on 05/18, I'm in CA, and I still don't have a VIN
It seems you might be the cutoff date for all MX orders being produced without preference to option amount or region/country. It might mean you are behind a bit of a backlog of 75 and international orders, but as we learned there is a bright side. The later the delivery, the less the issues to contend with. Hang in there, it sounds like it will be worth it for us. And the backlog does not seem to be that big from recent VINs seen. FYI, no editing or signature options until 6 posts I believe.

It seems you might be the cutoff date for all MX orders being produced without preference to option amount or region/country. It might mean you are behind a bit of a backlog of 75 and international orders, but as we learned there is a bright side. The later the delivery, the less the issues to contend with. Hang in there, it sounds like it will be worth it for us. And the backlog does not seem to be that big from recent VINs seen. FYI, no editing or signature options until 6 posts I believe.

I think you are probably right about the cutoff. I read of another person's order confirming a day or two before mine and they got a VIN by the end of that week. *sigh* You are definitely right about the later deliveries having less issues to contend with, and I keep trying to remind myself of this! A little perspective is always good. ;)

• Disagree
Reactions: llngoc
Just got production week of 6/13. p90d 79xx. hopefully that will stay on target but does not sound like it.

Thanks for your post, hjscm. My VIN is in the same sequence, 79xx, but my status still reports that the vehicle is in the factory production queue. My DS said he would contact me when my MX P90DL goes into production.

Well, I'm hoping it will be around the same date as your's.

Just looking through modelxtracker it seems that the last North American 90D VIN was assigned on 05/21. There has been a flurry of activity for the 75D and European orders after that. I guess Tesla is busy clearing up some of the backlog before they get back to the NA 90D order. Oh well..

I think i belong in this thread sadly... was told by DS might get a late june delivery or early july but honestly thinking it'll be more like mid to late july. Im still constantly checking my tesla page to see if the vehicle has entered production yet but still says in factory que. VIN 7054 90D 6 seat all white Location PA

I think i belong in this thread sadly... was told by DS might get a late june delivery or early july but honestly thinking it'll be more like mid to late july. Im still constantly checking my tesla page to see if the vehicle has entered production yet but still says in factory que. VIN 7054 90D 6 seat all white Location PA
When did you confirm? I'm 6714 90D confirmed mid April. Mine should start production in the next week or so. Of course it's a relatively short truck ride to Utah, rather than a long rail ride to PA.

Ordered mid april confirmed april 26 vin assigned pretty much same day as confirmed
Yeah so not much behind me. It kinda seems like they've been building east coast cars with higher VINs before west coast cars, to account for transit time. We're coming up on the end of a quarter, so Tesla will be trying very hard to get as many deliveries as possible by June 30.

Yeah so not much behind me. It kinda seems like they've been building east coast cars with higher VINs before west coast cars, to account for transit time. We're coming up on the end of a quarter, so Tesla will be trying very hard to get as many deliveries as possible by June 30.

IMHO, attempting to predict when production will begin, based upon VINs, is an exercise in futility. There must be at least several other factors the influence when the vehicle will begin construction.

It is a very interesting way to pass the time, however.

@Cutch26 you will get better information from your DS. :D The my tesla page is not updated and will not show your current status. Mine still says in production queue but it went into production on 5/10 and came out 5/26. It is being transported now. All info came from DS... send and email and introduce yourself to your DS and they should update you when a major status change happens. Some DS are better than others and you may get a finer level of detail than major changes - (going into production, out of production, in transit...etc)
good luck...I just didn't want to see you drive yourself crazy (although lots of us are already there!) expecting my tesla to change.;)

My DS seems to think my 90D (VIN 83**) is still on track for June production and July delivery. I'm skeptical, but hopeful.

Also MX 90D VIN 83**. DS told me a similar thing. He said most likely late June production w/ July delivery. Said there was actually a very small chance of June delivery. I'm personally not in a rush as I realize I have influence over when exactly it is delivered, but obviously the sooner the better :)

Also MX 90D VIN 83**. DS told me a similar thing. He said most likely late June production w/ July delivery. Said there was actually a very small chance of June delivery. I'm personally not in a rush as I realize I have influence over when exactly it is delivered, but obviously the sooner the better :)

Typo -- I meant to say I have *little* influence. 1 more post and I'll even be able to edit ;)

I'm glad we are at least getting similar info. We are taking a summer trip so mid-July would be ideal. I would be happily surprised if the car is ready by then! Good luck to both of us! What's your configuration? Similar to mine?

I'm glad we are at least getting similar info. We are taking a summer trip so mid-July would be ideal. I would be happily surprised if the car is ready by then! Good luck to both of us! What's your configuration? Similar to mine?

Pretty similar I think. Mine is basically fully optioned with the exception of P90D and the 7th seat. Tag from modelxtracker is below.

Last edited: