Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Launch In Oz

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No invite for me in Adelaide. I have deposit down but havent configured as I wanted to see the 5/6/7 seat options in the flesh and also because I figure autopilot 2 hardware is not far off.
Ok same situation for me. Have had long term reservation but wanted to see in the flesh before committing.

Guess will have to wait a little longer.

Is it a RHD version, be good to know if this is the first RHD Model X to be seen in the flesh.
I have this sense/feeling that the cars I keep seeing showing up at launch or demo events are the same ones each time. I saw some video of a couple of launch events (including Bjorn's video of the demo one's in Norway) and they were both the same as a similar event in the UK. A white one and a red one. I also saw the same blue one which was at car shows turning up to the launch events in other places in Europe (never saw it drive). I suspect they're shipping the same demo LHD ones around the world for each launch event.

Does anyone know the timeframe between launch date and first customer cars arriving in country?
Here's my prediction (worth 0.2 cents and round down :)): a few cars will be delivered to Oz before the end of the year so Tesla can say they made the deadline. Then proper deliveries will start rolling in early next year. With the S they scrambled in a few cars at the end of the year but cars didn't really start rolling in in any numbers until quite a few months later.

Here's my prediction (worth 0.2 cents and round down :)): a few cars will be delivered to Oz before the end of the year so Tesla can say they made the deadline. Then proper deliveries will start rolling in early next year. With the S they scrambled in a few cars at the end of the year but cars didn't really start rolling in in any numbers until quite a few months later.
Always remember that RHD vehicles are manufactured (typically) during the last two weeks of each quarter then do the move timings on that.

Always remember that RHD vehicles are manufactured (typically) during the last two weeks of each quarter then do the move timings on that.

Actually I think I remember reading that they'd made a manufacturing change that didn't force them to do that anymore. Something about they used to have to do a lot to switch the line over but wasn't that way now and someone saw a mix of RHD and LHD S's on the same line.

It turns out that the original sig S cars were here, in storage, from prior to September 2014. Then, since autopilot was released, and those sig cars were obsolete even before the launch, Tesla bit the bullet and offered a rebuild for the 30 or so cars involved, mine was one of them. Finally they delivered them at the launch or shortly thereafter. Mine was, for some reason delayed in production. Never found out why but it took a full 3 weeks on the production line, so the workaround was to deliver my ORIGINAL build at the launch, which I then used as a loaner until my rebuild was delivered on 24/12/14!!. At the time a lot of things on the S were hand made. The paint job for the sig red was done outside the factory, since the regular line no longer produced that colour.

It turns out that the original sig S cars were here, in storage, from prior to September 2014. Then, since autopilot was released, and those sig cars were obsolete even before the launch, Tesla bit the bullet and offered a rebuild for the 30 or so cars involved, mine was one of them. Finally they delivered them at the launch or shortly thereafter. Mine was, for some reason delayed in production. Never found out why but it took a full 3 weeks on the production line, so the workaround was to deliver my ORIGINAL build at the launch, which I then used as a loaner until my rebuild was delivered on 24/12/14!!. At the time a lot of things on the S were hand made. The paint job for the sig red was done outside the factory, since the regular line no longer produced that colour.
Any idea what they did with the non-AP cars?