Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X March 2017 Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove a borrowed 5 seater from Thursday to Monday and used it for a ski trip for four of us. What do you want to know. Happy to provide feedback.
A lot of 5-seaters were delivered with missing cargo floor panels and the support piece behind the 2nd row seats. I'm also curious whether there is a floor panel that fits over the rear well storage area to that you end up with a continuous floor when the upper floor panels are removed to get the maximum height in the cargo area. Do you know about how long ago the 5-seater you were using was manufactured? I'm most curious about what's being delivered most recently.

X100D 6 seat, midnight silver, white interior, carbon fiber, and everything else.

Confirmed 12/30/2016
VIN 35xxx
changed 1/21/2017: X90D to X100D
in production 3/11/2017 per My Tesla
in production 3/14/2017 per email
3/15/2017 Estimated Delivery Range: March 20, 2017 - April 3, 2017
3/16/2017 Scheduled delivery appointment for 3/22/2017. Payment available through My Tesla now.
3/17/2017 built and in transit per My Tesla (Estimated delivery range March 20 - March 27)
3/22/2017 Actual delivery!

Everything went pretty smoothly. Except I had to return to sign a paper that got shredded by some machine. But, Autopilot showed up on the way home again, so it was worth the extra trip!

IMG_3335.JPG
X90D, 6 seat, Deep Blue, White interior, Carbon Fiber, all other options.

Ordered: 12/24/2016
Confirmed: 12/31/2016
Vin: 35xxx
In production: 3/13/2017
Estimated Delivery: 3/19 - 4/2
Completed production, preparing for delivery: 3/13
Scheduled delivery on 3/13, for 3/20 (I could have done 3/17, but was out of town)
Actual Delivery: 3/20/2017

Everything was perfect at the delivery, except that they didn't show my payment that I had made a couple of weeks earlier. Showed them the confirmation e-mail and that was all that was needed.

Reserved: 3/14/2012
Invited to configure: 11/23/2015
Ordered: 12/31/2016
Confirmed: 1/7/2017
VIN assigned: 1/30/2017 (406xx)
In production status on My Tesla: 3/11/2017
Entered production email: 3/14/2017
Financing approved: 3/15/2017
completed on My Tesla: 3/16/2017
Delivery: 3/24/2017

Reactions: Bgarret
Just noticed the photo highlighting "Massive Storage", at least on the Canadian site, shows a matte black finish on the back of the Model X seats vs the original glossy back: Model X | Tesla Canada

Has anyone received an X like this?
I'm curious as well. I'm not sure if the photo is definitive enough that those seat indeed have a mat finish. Frankly, I would prefer that myself. I'm going to be seeing a new 5-seat delivery this Tuesday, and it's 5-seater, which is the config the photo shows.

Zooming in on the seats, it looks like they have contours that are reminiscent of the Model S seats. If I remember correctly, the Model X shiny seats have a smooth rounded surface. I wonder if they've gone with a Model S version of the front seats for the 5-seat version, since those would be more durable that the shiny X seats?

Took delivery of a pearly white X75D on Friday 3/24/2017 at Fremont. Skipped the tour, didn't have a lot of time. Also didn't have time to report the small scratch on the driver side door.

The car's been pretty good since then. In-cabin road noise sounds a lot like our Prius V, so not too quiet. Still have to play radio a little louder on loud roads, kids can't always hear us and vice versa. That's probably the most disappointing thing for such an expensive car. The windshield, though I would never buy a car for just that, is amazing.

The car for the most part does actually drive like the Prius V, in terms of regenerative braking. The main difference is that we have creep off on the X, but the V does still creep. And lifting your foot off the gas in the V still coasts, where the X will just stop.

Frustrating things are that once this weekend the FWD detected obstructions in our garage and force a manual override to open them. We have child locks on, so you HAVE to use the console panel to start opening them at that point. Up until that point they always automatically opened up part way.

A door seal on the FWD front bottom (when closed) corner has already peeled away from the adhesive sticker.

Oh, this might be a real issue... a couple times I've had the car in drive, had the brake assist on ((H)) and then pressing the gas again makes the car go BACKWARDS. Bad car, big potential to hit the rear end on the car behind. You have to toggle the gear shift away from drive and back to get it to go forwards again. Gotta get that looked at.

• Informative
Reactions: Rossy and TechVP
Took delivery of a pearly white X75D.

Oh, this might be a real issue... a couple times I've had the car in drive, had the brake assist on ((H)) and then pressing the gas again makes the car go BACKWARDS. Bad car, big potential to hit the rear end on the car behind. You have to toggle the gear shift away from drive and back to get it to go forwards again. Gotta get that looked at.

Wow! That's really dangerous

Just noticed the photo highlighting "Massive Storage", at least on the Canadian site, shows a matte black finish on the back of the Model X seats vs the original glossy back: Model X | Tesla Canada

Has anyone received an X like this?
I wouldn't put much faith in that showing matte seat backs as pretty sure that is just a computer rendering, not an actual photo.

Reserved: 3/14/2012
Invited to configure: 11/23/2015
Ordered: 12/31/2016
Confirmed: 1/7/2017
VIN assigned: 1/30/2017 (406xx)
In production status on My Tesla: 3/11/2017
Entered production email: 3/14/2017
Financing approved: 3/15/2017
completed on My Tesla: 3/16/2017
Delivery: 3/24/2017
That's 5 years from reservation, nice patience, hope it was well rewarded.

• Funny
Reactions: Rossy and NikeWings