Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X March 2017 Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bit delayed. Delivered Tuesday. Delivery was flawless. Car has been great. Like all new drivers, I left my keys in the cupholder and couldn't find them after I closed the armrests. Gotta learn to keep it in my pants...........

Aaaaaanyway.

The highlights and updates as of day 3:

Probably some questions on calibration:
TACC calibrated in under a day but we haven't really used it yet.
Autosteer has not calibrated yet, so far as I know; wife is driving today.

The windshield is my favorite part so far. I drive through the woods and the view is just completely different than any other car I've driven.

Slacker integration has probably caused me the most grief:
  1. Mildly annoyed at the inability to access my custom Slacker stations from my car. I can't seem to "favorite" custom stations from my browser or phone, either. Maybe user error, but... don't think so?
  2. Unexpected bonus: even though I was logged into my Slacker acct, I did have access to the Tesla Top 20 station (and I assume any other Tesla-acct stations). I don't see them on my account via browser, so the accounts aren't linked outside of the car, not that I expected them to be... It'd be nice to have though.
  3. Unexpected downside: as soon as I opened Slacker on my phone (or my browser, not sure), I was logged out on the car. Doesn't even bother to remember my email address on the account so I'm left punching in my full email AND a password any time I get logged out, which could apparently be like many times daily? Riiight. From my perspective, at least two concurrent logins seems pretty fair for a paid subscriber. Hell, I'd expect closer to three or four, suitable for a full suite of the following: (home automation, car, mobile or browser).

Just picked up our MX100D!

Attachments

• IMG_0662.JPG
    IMG_0662.JPG
    402.4 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_0663.JPG
    IMG_0663.JPG
    475.4 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0665.JPG
    IMG_0665.JPG
    301.2 KB · Views: 117
X100D 6 seat, midnight silver, white interior, carbon fiber, and everything else.

Confirmed 12/30/2016
VIN 35xxx
changed 1/21/2017: X90D to X100D
in production 3/11/2017 per My Tesla
in production 3/14/2017 per email
3/15/2017 Estimated Delivery Range: March 20, 2017 - April 3, 2017
3/16/2017 Scheduled delivery appointment for 3/22/2017. Payment available through My Tesla now.

Almost there.

Almost one week into my Model X - it's been snow-melt hell here so my car has been very dirty. Went to the car wash today - sunny and a little cleaner out - nice to have a clean vehicle for a few hours LOL.

So far I love the windshield, the ride, the 90D is great (coming from a P85D) and still fast enough for most applications, and the white interior is awesome! X is harder to wash (pretty tall even in very-low setting). Prefer the Model S handles that protrude more than the push-button-handles. The loading height for the trunk is higher than expected. Overall great vehicle though.

Had a couple of times the FWD wouldn't open so I called Service - waiting for an appointment time. Everything seems to be working well though... fingers crossed!

Some pics from first wash...

IMG_1394.JPG
IMG_1396.JPG
IMG_1401.JPG
IMG_1402.JPG
IMG_1403.JPG
IMG_1404.JPG

My father's new Model X is scheduled for delivery on March 24th, but initial estimates were very late March or likely early April. So, definitely a week or so ahead of schedule...may be a result of quarter end and/or better than expected production ramp-up continuing.

MX 90D 37XXX
Order: 12/31/16
Confirm: 1/7/17
Production: 3/10/17 (per MyTesla)
Estimated delivery: Late March - early April (per MyTesla)
Scheduled delivery: 3/24 (per DS)

Yesterday, 4am: "We have started building your Tesla." Delivery range: Late March - April

Yesterday, 10pm: "Your Tesla is complete." Delivery range: March 20 - April 3

Today, 4pm: "Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory." Delivery range: March 20 - March 27

I think Elon secretly has a functional Hyperloop over in Fremont.

Reactions: Rossy
X100D 6 seat, midnight silver, white interior, carbon fiber, and everything else.

Confirmed 12/30/2016
VIN 35xxx
changed 1/21/2017: X90D to X100D
in production 3/11/2017 per My Tesla
in production 3/14/2017 per email
3/15/2017 Estimated Delivery Range: March 20, 2017 - April 3, 2017
3/16/2017 Scheduled delivery appointment for 3/22/2017. Payment available through My Tesla now.
3/17/2017 built and in transit per My Tesla (Estimated delivery range March 20 - March 27)

• Informative
Just picked up the X100D and fortunate enough to be the first X100D to be delivered in Western Canada. I won't be able to drive the X until next Saturday since I drove it to get PPF wrap and tint installed and then I am getting my Blackvue and radar detector system installed next weekend. So far so good and the X build seems to be good for the 10km I've driven it so far.

White 6-seater, stock wheels, and fully optioned minus FSD.

Attachments

• IMG_4704.JPG
    IMG_4704.JPG
    284 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_4705.JPG
    IMG_4705.JPG
    328.7 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Reactions: Brnz and jgrgnt
Yesterday, 4am: "We have started building your Tesla." Delivery range: Late March - April

Yesterday, 10pm: "Your Tesla is complete." Delivery range: March 20 - April 3

Today, 4pm: "Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory." Delivery range: March 20 - March 27

I think Elon secretly has a functional Hyperloop over in Fremont.

Nothing new here, though. Tesla is pushing up your order for end of quarter delivery, as you live close to the factory. These are the games they play every quarter.