Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X May Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Canh99,

Where in Texas? I am in Houston and my vin 35xx and still haven't heard anything. 90d seven seater premium, obsidian with white interior. Did your order page update with those dates? Or was it through email? Mine still says late April-early May
Houston. My page never updated. Everything was email/phone. She pretty good about returning messages. Reach out to her.

Suggest giving them a call directly vs. email...our VINs are very similar with both heading to FL.

My DS said in production over a week ago and should be in FL within 10 days.

Also a similar VIN and told ours was in production a week or so ago. Also headed to South Florida, so hopefully they have saved a large shipments worth for us and it's actually true. I was not told it'd be here within 10 days though but I wasn't given any time frame at all.

Edit to say, reserved in October 2013. Kind of wished I hadn't of. Watching all of these people that weren't born yet get there's before me makes me think it was a bad idea. Ok, a bit of a stretch but nevertheless, frustrating.

Last edited:
I just received an update from my DS here in Atlanta regarding our 49xx vin. He had contacted me 12 days ago to say we entered production. After reaching out today and asking if production had completed, he was able to confirm my X was still in production but in the latter stages from what he could tell (whatever that means). 12 days ago he had said he was confident in a early to mid May delivery and I had told him we had a trip coming up on May 30th that we would love using the X for.
When I pressed him about is this common for production to be in progress for nearly two weeks and how long does it take to ship from Fremont to ATL here is what he said.

Hi P.J.,

I would say that is very normal. We don’t yet have enough information to work from to establish better trends for Model X but we’re definitely moving faster and faster each day. For Model S we have a lot historical evidence to work from to produce fairly accurate estimates but even then building S is a constantly changing, very organic venture. Our variables are always in flux.

Cross-country transit times vary depending on methodology. Generally, one to three weeks. We’re just awaiting our Production team to handoff to our Logistics team but, as we stand right now, I don’t see any reason that we can’t look forward to scheduling your Model X Delivery in later May in time for your trip. We’ll keep a close eye on our progress, everyone involved is aware of our goal!

I assure you, we are as excited as you are! Please let me know if you need anything!

end of Email

I'm assuming/hoping that the extra layer of QC that Elon was talking about is what is causing the production process to be slowing back down. If that is the case and my car spends 2-3 weeks "being produced" to a higher quality, I'll take it!

I just received an update from my DS here in Atlanta regarding our 49xx vin. He had contacted me 12 days ago to say we entered production. After reaching out today and asking if production had completed, he was able to confirm my X was still in production but in the latter stages from what he could tell (whatever that means). 12 days ago he had said he was confident in a early to mid May delivery and I had told him we had a trip coming up on May 30th that we would love using the X for.
When I pressed him about is this common for production to be in progress for nearly two weeks and how long does it take to ship from Fremont to ATL here is what he said.

Hi P.J.,

I would say that is very normal. We don’t yet have enough information to work from to establish better trends for Model X but we’re definitely moving faster and faster each day. For Model S we have a lot historical evidence to work from to produce fairly accurate estimates but even then building S is a constantly changing, very organic venture. Our variables are always in flux.

Cross-country transit times vary depending on methodology. Generally, one to three weeks. We’re just awaiting our Production team to handoff to our Logistics team but, as we stand right now, I don’t see any reason that we can’t look forward to scheduling your Model X Delivery in later May in time for your trip. We’ll keep a close eye on our progress, everyone involved is aware of our goal!

I assure you, we are as excited as you are! Please let me know if you need anything!

end of Email

I'm assuming/hoping that the extra layer of QC that Elon was talking about is what is causing the production process to be slowing back down. If that is the case and my car spends 2-3 weeks "being produced" to a higher quality, I'll take it!
I have to say, you have a really good DS!

Honestly today is the only day in the past 12 months I've felt like that.
It has been like pulling teeth to get him to respond to me or get back to me. To the point where I went inside a SC to let them know that I had emailed him 3 separate times and never had a response and wanted to be sure he still worked for TM.

I have the same experience with my DS as well

MX Vin:
Received the email below on April 14th from my DS, but have not heard anything since. I wonder if they are holding them to make fixes to known issues???

"It's currently in the very last stage called End of line inspections. This can take one day or several days depending on what the vehicle needs to pass the inspections."

• Informative
Reactions: EV Family

Hi P.J.,

end of Email

Who is yr DS in Atl?

Just wanted to tell about a good experience. My DS is April.

VIN 41xx
Ordered 10/2014
Confirmed 1/11/2016
Then April updates me
'Body in White' 4/7
'Ending production' 4/15
She said that it should be shipped (to TX) this week, but they can't say for sure how many days since shipping is out of their hands.
Delivery should be early May.

90D premium, 7 seat.

Great communication with DS. Can't wait.

Is your DS April Christia in Houston? She is wonderful!!

I got the email today that I can pay for the car on the My Tesla page. I drove by the SC and saw a red X in the back. I got excited until I saw black wheels. So my car has not arrived yet. Still hoping to hear that the car is in transit with delivery next week....

• Love
Reactions: TWBC
Houston. My page never updated. Everything was email/phone. She pretty good about returning messages. Reach out to her.

I got a reply from April, my car is in Paint. So still a few more weeks. Paint is on of the first things after being stamped? So I would imagine another week to be done, plus QC and shipping. So maybe 3-4 weeks. Hopefully the productions issues are finally ironed out.

Suggest giving them a call directly vs. email...our VINs are very similar with both heading to FL.

Hmm, I got an e-mail response from someone else (Natesha Godbee) who said: We are expecting your Model X to arrive early June. It hasn’t started production as of yet, once this occurs we can narrow the ETA down a bit.

Update: my unit is out of mfg. and is either in queue for rail or enroute (couldn't tell which). DS suggested that lately they have been receiving X's by covered rail to FL to protect vehicle (???).

When received at Center I should expect 6-8 days of review locally. So....hopefully all goes well and it's ready for me by 10th of May.

Reactions: sflecarfan