Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X November Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just emailed my DS because I wanted to make sure I apply within 30 days of receiving my car so I don't get a second pull. She told me that realistically my car will be post purification mid December then inspection phase. I confirmed on November 17th and is a 7 seater 90D with all packages except high amp and towing

Reactions: pchengMX
Oh, I agree. There's no downside to a sales person telling you it will be this year to make the sale even if they knew it to be false. Once you go 7 days, they've got your $2,500 at least. All we can do is point out on this forum that nothing about the current situation indicates an X ordered today (or in the last few weeks) is likely to be delivered this year.

Read the order agreement- you're under contract to accept the vehicle within 1 week of them telling you it's ready, or you forefit your deposit. They, on the other hand, are under no obligation to deliver on any specific timeframe. In fact, I'm not sure they ever have to deliver your car per the terms of the order contract.

There's a lot of good to be said about the direct sales method, but there's also a lot of iffy-ness that comes in because of Tesla's build-to-order and take a deposit method as well. The consumer carries almost all of the risk.

From My DS. Confirmed on 10/14 and was told late Nov delivery originally:

"The production delay was due to changes in our production line associated with the new hardware, although I can assure you there will be no other delays. Your Model X should go into production 1st week of December, with estimated delivery mid-December. "

Seems like every car has a story. Still pretty surprised by people ordering yesterday that are still being told delivery by EOY.
Every car definitely has a story alright. I'm awaiting a new VIN number...

Just received this email. Hopefully I get it way before the holiday. Was hoping before mid December. Wanted to get the car wrapped and tinted before the holidays.

Attachments

• IMG_4862.PNG
    IMG_4862.PNG
    106.8 KB · Views: 79
I'm hoping and guessing they didn't stop production over the holiday weekend. I doubt the e-mail exactly coincides with the cars production timeline. Maybe it was done before the holidays and they just got around to sending off the e-mail. Well at least that's what I hope. Lol

@8XATL I thought your 22XXX MX went into production on 11/12. Is Tesla saying they are issuing you a new VIN for the same vehicle or are they going to produce a new vehicle with different VIN for you?
@gastowatts Not exactly - I received an email stating that my vehicle went into production on 10/12 but I received a phone call on 11/21 informing me that I would be receiving a different VIN # and the vehicle would be ready next month...or by the end of the year, as he put it. I will say that I'm a bit perplexed though. I'm being very patient with them because I'd rather get my vehicle with most of the kinks worked out. I really believe all of us on this thread picked the right time to get a MX.

• Informative
Reactions: gastowatts
@gastowatts Not exactly - I received an email stating that my vehicle went into production on 10/12 but I received a phone call on 11/21 informing me that I would be receiving a different VIN # and the vehicle would be ready next month...or by the end of the year, as he put it. I will say that I'm a bit perplexed though. I'm being very patient with them because I'd rather get my vehicle with most of the kinks worked out. I really believe all of us on this thread picked the right time to get a MX.

If you are getting a do-over car, I would want to see them place your 2nd car in the production line the same day or next day after telling you that your first car was a no-pass inspection. That they have not even given you a vin # yet is perplexing. It's like they are treating you like a "new customer who just ordered" on the date your first car failed inspection. Do-over situations should have highest-precendence. However, we know that inventory cars have pushed in line ahead of actual orders by customers so I am not surprised by your situation.

• Informative
Reactions: Fiddler

Thanks @8XATL, that is definitely the first such occurrence I've read about. Probably best to get a do-over anyway in case there were some major issues with the original build even if it is a longer wait. Mine is also stuck in production since 11/9 (and several others), wondering if we are in the do-over group as well. No update from Tesla... :(

I'm absolutely floored at the quality of some of the DS's. It is entirely possible -- I know -- that they are effectively operating in the dark with very little information. But stories like @gastowatts are inexcusable in a luxury and tech market. I'd suggest that the DS's need to be trained considerably better, but we hear reports of very good DS's who are proactive and communicate well. So I don't think this is a training problem, so much as localized management and hiring problem; they're either hiring the wrong people or being absently managed or both. As to the lack of information the DS's seems to have, it's a shame that they are not given regular updates on their clients' vehicle production. But I'm suspicious of the level of their claimed level of ignorance.

It's like staying at a Motel 6 at Four Seasons prices.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8XATL
I'm absolutely floored at the quality of some of the DS's. It is entirely possible -- I know -- that they are effectively operating in the dark with very little information. But stories like @gastowatts are inexcusable in a luxury and tech market. I'd suggest that the DS's need to be trained considerably better, but we hear reports of very good DS's who are proactive and communicate well. So I don't think this is a training problem, so much as localized management and hiring problem; they're either hiring the wrong people or being absently managed or both. As to the lack of information the DS's seems to have, it's a shame that they are not given regular updates on their clients' vehicle production. But I'm suspicious of the level of their claimed level of ignorance.

It's like staying at a Motel 6 at Four Seasons prices.

My DS is actually pretty proactive and responsive but he seems to have only slightly more information than what we see in MyTesla! This seems more a problem with Tesla's production flows and perhaps the opacity is intended to mask some of the inefficiencies? Agree, this is surprisingly shoddy for the price range and a supposedly hi-tech company. I think me along with many out there are probably very patient with Tesla hoping we are supporting a new company trying to do the right thing! But wonder how many more of people like us remain out there, Tesla really needs to up their game if they want to continue competing with the other luxury car makers as they begin entering the EV market. I will "try" to remain patient and supportive during this time. :)

Looks like the spreadsheet has been messed up. My name and car info don't match up anymore and I notice the same for other folks as well. We probably need to restore to an earlier version.

Someone added sorting to the columns and didn't include name or state so it's trashed once someone clicks it once. I restored to yesterday afternoon (11/27) to fix it, and put the right filter in.

Last edited:
I'm just going to say this for now and try not to say anymore. @disagree I don't disagree with you. Quite a few people in my camp (especially my wife) are absolutely livid over how badly this is being handled. I am trying so hard to be patient and understanding but I must say this is a terrible start to a relationship. It's also fuel (pun intended) for the naysayers who are criticizing me for deciding to buy the Model X but I keep hanging in there. As another member of this club mentioned, I don't want to disclose what Tesla is offering to do in order to make up for this mishap...but I will add "yet" IF they don't follow through. My advice is to get their promises in writing as I've done. Conversations with them in person or over the phone mean nothing. The last thing I want is not to get this car. I've invested a great deal of energy into Tesla, so it would be a shame for me to go in a different direction but I may just have move on if they don't hurry up.

Reactions: disagree
Thanks @8XATL, that is definitely the first such occurrence I've read about. Probably best to get a do-over anyway in case there were some major issues with the original build even if it is a longer wait. Mine is also stuck in production since 11/9 (and several others), wondering if we are in the do-over group as well. No update from Tesla... :(
I agree but hopefully we'll all have our MXs next month. The funny thing is one of the guys in Fremont said my DS "needs more coaching" which isn't exactly what I need to hear when I'm waiting on my new car. :eek:

I agree but hopefully we'll all have our MXs next month. The funny thing is one of the guys in Fremont said my DS "needs more coaching" which isn't exactly what I need to hear when I'm waiting on my new car. :eek:
To be fair, I'd rather hear that than something that suggested the company thought your DS was doing a great job! Growing pains can be unpleasant but since I don't expect this to be my last Tesla purchase I'd rather see them learning and improving.

I'm being told now my X will hopefully be delivered by Dec 23rd, originally end of Nov / beg of Dec and then middle to late Dec.. I ordered on 10/13 and confirmed on 10/20.. 268xx. I've never been given an actual production date guarantee or much of anything from my DS. They just replied saying I should just use MyTesla and when it goes into production apply for financing. Very re-active and not pro-active or helpful. hrm