Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X November Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm being told now my X will hopefully be delivered by Dec 23rd, originally end of Nov / beg of Dec and then middle to late Dec.. I ordered on 10/13 and confirmed on 10/20.. 268xx. I've never been given an actual production date guarantee or much of anything from my DS. They just replied saying I should just use MyTesla and when it goes into production apply for financing. Very re-active and not pro-active or helpful. hrm

If I followed that advice, I would have applied for financing when my Tesla went into production 3 weeks ago. That means I'd have only 1 week left before it expires. Wait until car completed before getting financing. You have a week to accept delivery of car.

Reactions: disagree
If I followed that advice, I would have applied for financing when my Tesla went into production 3 weeks ago. That means I'd have only 1 week left before it expires. Wait until car completed before getting financing. You have a week to accept delivery of car.

I confirmed on 10-6-16, vin 247xx. In production since 11-19-16. DS told me end of Dec delivery expected.

It seems like they are inspecting the MXs closer and rejecting them more frequently. I can imagine that they are affecting a few if MX was rejected by placing them at the end of the line keeping production promises by the many that are passing. The alternative would be everyone would be impacted by rejections shifting all delivery dates. FYI. My MX was confirmed on 9/27, entered production 11/17 and completed 11/19. I am taking delivery Friday. Mine must have passed. You can look at this as Tesla risking irritation with the clients where vehicles failed inspection vs. handing over a sub par MX leaving you with many SC visits to fix. Quality might finally be trumping speed to market.

It seems like they are inspecting the MXs closer and rejecting them more frequently. I can imagine that they are affecting a few if MX was rejected by placing them at the end of the line keeping production promises by the many that are passing. The alternative would be everyone would be impacted by rejections shifting all delivery dates. FYI. My MX was confirmed on 9/27, entered production 11/17 and completed 11/19. I am taking delivery Friday. Mine must have passed. You can look at this as Tesla risking irritation with the clients where vehicles failed inspection vs. handing over a sub par MX leaving you with many SC visits to fix. Quality might finally be trumping speed to market.
vin 25xxx

May make sense given the consumer reports article around the X. Since people do read what they post if you give CR further ammo based off owner complains it would make their sediment more negative.

I'm hoping this is the case. Mine entered production on 11/17 and still there. This radio silence is killing me. I was hoping for an earlier delivery but I guess I should be happy if it gets delivered on time (12/18). I'm leaving on a trip 12/20 so it better.

I'm hoping this is the case. Mine entered production on 11/17 and still there. This radio silence is killing me. I was hoping for an earlier delivery but I guess I should be happy if it gets delivered on time (12/18). I'm leaving on a trip 12/20 so it better.
My order confirmed on 10-6, entered production on 11-19 and still there. dS said late December delivery in md. This silence is very worrisome as cars are usually in production no more than 5 days max. Let me know when yours get out of production , i m two days behind.

My MX is still in queue, and my DS just wrote: "Due to the holiday last week, we have not had much movement in the factory to be transparent. With that said, your vehicle identification is assigned and we are sourcing all parts before production can begin. Our team is doing everything possible to speed up the process and once production begins, you will receive a notification from your MyTesla account to share the good news."

Not particularly inspiring after this long, and being told it would enter production in November. Sourcing parts? Seriously? When people who order after me have already received their cars?

My MX is still in queue, and my DS just wrote: "Due to the holiday last week, we have not had much movement in the factory to be transparent. With that said, your vehicle identification is assigned and we are sourcing all parts before production can begin. Our team is doing everything possible to speed up the process and once production begins, you will receive a notification from your MyTesla account to share the good news."

Not particularly inspiring after this long, and being told it would enter production in November. Sourcing parts? Seriously? When people who order after me have already received their cars?

Sourcing parts huh, the ship with all those AP2 cameras just docked, ha ha haaa! The DS's are all over the map with their excuses, they probably have no definitive information from Fremont so they are getting creative with their "explanations" trying to keep their clients calm.

I keep trying to think what's a few weeks here and there but each extra day with no news makes it tougher.
Patience grasshopper, patience @gastowatts! :rolleyes:

My MX vin is 250xx as well. As indicated in a previous post, I take delivery Friday. One explanation for mine finishing on time might be that I ordered titanium color which is now discontinued. They might be trying to get those finished to remove the color out of the production process.

My MX vin is 250xx as well. As indicated in a previous post, I take delivery Friday. One explanation for mine finishing on time might be that I ordered titanium color which is now discontinued. They might be trying to get those finished to remove the color out of the production process.
I'm a p90d, which is also no longer sold. I've been in production for three weeks already.

I also have a Titanium on order. My Tesla changed to production on 11/8 and it is still saying that. The strange thing is that my DS said it either went into production on the 18th or 21st. He said it should have been done by the end of last week. Not sure what's going on.

VIN 21XXX, confirmed 9/16. Entered production 11/2. Getting SUPER cranky about the lack of info on where my car is. No estimated delivery date. Last communication with DS said factory was "running slower than usual to ensure highest quality product." I'm all for better QC, but I still don't see why they can't estimate a delivery date.

Update
10/14: Ordered MXP100D, 6-seat, triple blk
10/21: called about a factory tour
10/22: Order confirmed
10/24: Assigned VIN 27XXX - delivery estimate December - Early January
10/28: Ordered two wall chargers one for home, one for the office, winter tires and wheel locks
10/27: Scheduled a trip to the factory
10/31 Upgraded to EAP
11/1: Confirmation of factory tour Nov.15th
11/2: Joined TMC
11/3: Received the wall chargers and wheel locks tires being shipped to SC
11/4: Noticed how close my VIN is to "gastowatts" and that the timeline is growing

11/15 Factory tour - very cool - X's and S's one after the other – in every color you can imagine - gigantic robots everywhere, body panels, battery packs and suspensions waiting to be assigned. If you have a chance – GO – I want to go back…

11/21 My Tesla page showed my X went from in production queue to in production

11/28 I received an email saying it is in production

11/29 I received a call from my DC - my Model X is done – being prepared to ship to arrive Chicago area by 12/9/16

11/30 My Tesla page shows “Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory”

Chargers will be installed in my home and office by Monday 12/5/16 the stars are aligning nicely!

Oh boy – I can’t wait

Model X P100D, All-Wheel Drive, EXTERIOR Obsidian Black Metallic Paint, 22" Onyx Black Wheels INTERIOR Black Leather Seats, Dark Ash Wood Décor, Front Console Included Black Headliner Included Six Seat Interior, PERFORMANCE Ludicrous Speed Upgrade Included Active Spoiler Included Tesla Red Brake Calipers Included CHARGING Supercharger Enabled Included High Amperage Charger Upgrade OPTIONS Enhanced Autopilot, Full Self-Driving Capability, Premium Upgrades Package, Smart Air Suspension Included Ultra High Fidelity Sound, Subzero Weather Package, Towing Package

Reactions: 8XATL and beths11