Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Order/Delivery Tracking - Google Sheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Initially ordered last year, expecting delivery in November. I delayed when refresh announced and ordered refresh 2/1/21. Just saw updated delivery schedule of August 2021. I was getting very perturbed with the lack of information.
I ordered mid Feb-shortly after the refresh with original delivery date being April, then finally in May-updated to September. I agree, they are not vert open with the info. When I called the custoer service, someone finally told me they are still getting government regulatory approvals for the refresh items...so hoping it will not be delayed again

Reactions: Prairie
I ordered in January, became very frustrated and canceled. I then ordered a Model S and Model X in May when timelines moved up. Took delivery on the Model S Plaid. It’s amazing. Meanwhile, I still have my Model X on order and would consider selling the MS and getting back into the MX.

With the MS, people started noticing that certain exterior/interior combinations were more likely to deliver sooner than other combinations. Has anyone here noticed that with the MX? Mine is currently showing delivery for January. I have a plaid six seat, black on black with 22 inch wheels.

I ordered in January, became very frustrated and canceled. I then ordered a Model S and Model X in May when timelines moved up. Took delivery on the Model S Plaid. It’s amazing. Meanwhile, I still have my Model X on order and would consider selling the MS and getting back into the MX.

With the MS, people started noticing that certain exterior/interior combinations were more likely to deliver sooner than other combinations. Has anyone here noticed that with the MX? Mine is currently showing delivery for January. I have a plaid six seat, black on black with 22 inch wheels.

Given that you put your order in as of May and have a January delivery date, odds are you won't be affected. It's likely that what's happening with the Model S as it ramps up production won't be a long issue - although who knows what's going on with [electronic] parts as a whole.

It's odd that there's so many Model Ss sitting around Fremont collecting dust unless it's because of a parts shortage. That's an awful lot of money just sitting there in undelivered vehicles. Unfortunately, it seems to be the case for a number of manufacturers so I guess take a little solace in that.

Let's see what happens this month - July is supposed to be when the Model X starts to ramp up production by many accounts (including Musk's).

Sadly, watching the latest Fremont drone footage doesn't show nary a single Model X so far as the first viewing goes - it's still early on in July.

Given that you put your order in as of May and have a January delivery date, odds are you won't be affected. It's likely that what's happening with the Model S as it ramps up production won't be a long issue - although who knows what's going on with [electronic] parts as a whole.

It's odd that there's so many Model Ss sitting around Fremont collecting dust unless it's because of a parts shortage. That's an awful lot of money just sitting there in undelivered vehicles. Unfortunately, it seems to be the case for a number of manufacturers so I guess take a little solace in that.

Let's see what happens this month - July is supposed to be when the Model X starts to ramp up production by many accounts (including Musk's).

Sadly, watching the latest Fremont drone footage doesn't show nary a single Model X so far as the first viewing goes - it's still early on in July.
I doubt any Model X will get delivered until early Dec when the push will be on for deliveries at year end. It seems like anyone who ordered since April has a Jan 2022 delivery date. Maybe the Jan 2022 Cars will get pushed into year end.

• Disagree
Reactions: TrevTremaine
It has been completely quiet on the internet regarding the new Model X. The local "dealer" and customer service have almost zero information as well. I wonder when details will trickle out and production will begin. I'd love take a test drive and see the 2nd row in person. I believe the refreshed second row (5 and 7 seater) still does not have an armrest in the middle seat, which I find a poor design choice. I'd like to confirm that.

Reactions: TrevTremaine
I doubt any Model X will get delivered until early Dec when the push will be on for deliveries at year end. It seems like anyone who ordered since April has a Jan 2022 delivery date. Maybe the Jan 2022 Cars will get pushed into year end.
I think you may be correct on the delivery time frame. Ford can't ship a lot of F series trucks because of electronic parts and has them stashed at various locations. No doubt Tesla is similarly constrained plus additional constraints due to the more bleeding edge electronic components in a Tesla.

Does anyone know from experience if getting delivery (if and when this happens at some future point) at a factory (i.e. Fremont) would speed up any portion of the e delivery process vs a service center? I’m in the general Bay area/central coast area anyway…
Interesting question. I am also in the Bay Area (10 miles from Fremont) and have wondered about that. They seem to stage a log of deliveries right near that Dublin Service Center, so that is where we picked up or Model 3. But they also have a large delivery center a 1/2 mile from the factory and that is where we picked up the X. They told us that cars at this Fremont delivery center are shipped over the day after completion.

Reactions: shamberann

At 9:30 in on the latest video I see some Xs on the track. Hopefully a promising sign!

Reactions: Hawk10
At 9:30 in on the latest video I see some Xs on the track. Hopefully a promising sign!
Sorry to burst your bubble, but unfortunately, those were there since the Plaid Launch. If you notice, they're accompanied by the Model S frame and the drag co-efficient cars from the same presentation. Musk, I believe, said there are something like 15 mules they're testing - no net new production seen on this footage as far as I can tell.

I've seen them in the same video as follows: 7:21 - Black (bottom left), 7:33 - Black and White (bottom right), 8:49 - White (bottom centre), 9:50 - on the grass of the test grounds, and 14:34 (bottom right surround by 3 Black Model Ss). There's probably other ones too but it's hard to discern from a distance. They've also been in previous videos from Gabeincal/Fremont Flyover.

I'm still hopeful to see something more significant in the next flyover since August is now approaching and people have "delivery" marked for then.

Reactions: Hawk10
Interesting question. I am also in the Bay Area (10 miles from Fremont) and have wondered about that. They seem to stage a log of deliveries right near that Dublin Service Center, so that is where we picked up or Model 3. But they also have a large delivery center a 1/2 mile from the factory and that is where we picked up the X. They told us that cars at this Fremont delivery center are shipped over the day after completion.

FWIW I just pulled the trigger on an order for a LR Model X (estimated delivery date January 2022). The two choices given were the Dublin and Vallejo service centers (I live approximately between those two locations). Fremont wasn't an option. I'll try to ask my sales advisor about this.

But my WAG is that any differences in delivery timing caused by needing to ship a car from the factory to any Bay Area service center is probably very small compared to uncertainties in production.

(On a marginally related note: I did a factory delivery for my Model S, before most of the current service centers were opened and at a time when deliveries were in a building that was literally connected to the factory. That was actually very cool. I am expecting that picking up the Model X will be completely different, whenever and whereever it happens to be.)

Bruce.

FWIW I just pulled the trigger on an order for a LR Model X (estimated delivery date January 2022). The two choices given were the Dublin and Vallejo service centers (I live approximately between those two locations). Fremont wasn't an option. I'll try to ask my sales advisor about this.

But my WAG is that any differences in delivery timing caused by needing to ship a car from the factory to any Bay Area service center is probably very small compared to uncertainties in production.

(On a marginally related note: I did a factory delivery for my Model S, before most of the current service centers were opened and at a time when deliveries were in a building that was literally connected to the factory. That was actually very cool. I am expecting that picking up the Model X will be completely different, whenever and whereever it happens to be.)

Bruce.
Congrats on the X order we liked ours and thus ordered another one. My estimate is Jan/Feb 2020. I expect that to be missed but would love to have it sooner.

The Fremont Delivery Center (off factory) is pretty nice and relatively efficient. But, I am not sure the delivery experience was all that different from the Dublin SC. In either case, they let you spend time inspecting the car before the paperwork is done.

Reactions: ModelX and bmah