Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Model X price cuts- yet again

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Believe you see posts like these in most all enthusiast forums. Those experiencing problems vent from their keyboards about one injustice or another.

Never been a perfect or 100% safe vehicle mass produced. They all have their personalities.

Owners tend to voice their own experiences, with the complainers tending to be the loudest.

Out of the 30+ cars I have owned, my X is the finest. Very capable, efficient and a pleasure to drive. It has been a great ownership experience, so from my perspective a super good choice.

There is no car made that can guarantee a perfectly safe environment hurtling down the highway at high speeds. All drivers accept that reality when they load their beloved family members into those cars and hurtle down the road. It is a risk that must be accepted. Every year thousand of accidents occure and many people are killed. Still we choose to use our cars for these travels. We should take this into consideration when making our purchasing decisions.

Offsetting the experiences of a few, the Tesla S and X have a great overall safety experience.

Believe you see posts like these in most all enthusiast forums. Those experiencing problems vent from their keyboards about one injustice or another.

Never been a perfect or 100% safe vehicle mass produced. They all have their personalities.

Owners tend to voice their own experiences, with the complainers tending to be the loudest.

Out of the 30+ cars I have owned, my X is the finest. Very capable, efficient and a pleasure to drive. It has been a great ownership experience, so from my perspective a super good choice.

There is no car made that can guarantee a perfectly safe environment hurtling down the highway at high speeds. All drivers accept that reality when they load their beloved family members into those cars and hurtle down the road. It is a risk that must be accepted. Every year thousand of accidents occure and many people are killed. Still we choose to use our cars for these travels. We should take this into consideration when making our purchasing decisions.

Offsetting the experiences of a few, the Tesla S and X have a great overall safety experience.
That’s the kind of experience we all should get. My MX is also a safe pleasure to drive, when not in FSDb.
Currently FSDb can feel like a kamikaze mission, not enjoyable! Safe in a head on crash though, I was hit hard enough to break a front wheel off and I didn’t get a scratch on me.

On the quality side, my build is acceptable for me but others may have rejected. I’m on my 4th set of drive axles and I have never once used Ludicrous + mode, I don’t launch but I do get with it when I merge. The wind and road noise is like other cars I’ve owned but none of those were even half the price.

Lol nice way to move the goalposts to let you make your argument. No car is perfect or near 100% safe; and nobody in this thread has argued that position except you. But a particular car that just shuts down while it's being on a public roadway may be considered unsafe to operate. And, a car that tells the operator numerous active and passive safety measures are disabled may be considered unsafe to operate as well.

I'll paraphrase my wife's email to Tesla.
"You all at Tesla may not make a big deal out of a car that quits working while it's being driven, but WE DO."

So yeah, maybe you believe it is normal with a vehicle with less than 500 miles to just quit while it's being driven. So, you're fine putting your 2 kids and family in this vehicle since it's no big deal. So, maybe Tesla is the right brand for you.

But, it is possible you think a car with less than 500 miles that quits working while hauling your family is a bad thing. In that case, remember Tesla and its advocates think this scenario is totally fine and safe. So, maybe Tesla isn't the right brand for you.

Reactions: CleanDemon
I don’t want to diminish anyone’s experience of having their Tesla “quit” on them but I haven’t seen a lot of stories on this. Is this widespread?

My post on TMC showing some of the error messages followed by the vehicle calling it quits is the only thread in the entire Model X sub-forum that I could find. I was even PM'd by a few folks alleging I made up that entire thread to bag on Tesla because the problem simply doesn't seem to have a recorded instance on the Model X. There were some Model S threads, but nothing specific to the X.

BUT, Tesla themselves have said that type of glitch (vehicle spamming a ton of errors followed by the vehicle becoming inoperable until it is reset) does happen "quite often" due to firmware glitches. So, getting a replacement Model X through a collateral exchange is a non-starter discussion. The issue was in fact so common that the initial service personnel simply just cleared the error codes and wanted to return the vehicle saying "the codes are gone! car is safe!"

IMO, I thought it was such a rare occurrence and the severity high enough that Tesla would want to do a collateral exchange. Like, so they could properly investigate the issue and determine some sort of root cause. Especially since it occurred at ~300 miles and not like 3 years into ownership.

Instead I guess it's more convenient for people at Tesla to be like @Unclepaul. All they have to do is adopt the mindset that vehicles shutting down is fine. They argue that no car is 100% safe; therefore this weird issue of a vehicle shutting down is not a big deal and not worth special consideration from Tesla.

Last edited:
Nobody should be accusing you of making it up. My stance I have had this entire time is that your guys's issues are RARE. Even if there is 20 posts on something... that is still extremely rare considering all the vehicles delivered. You guys are in a very very very very very extreme minority.

So for people to call Teslas trash... hahaha excuse me but No.... They are not. The build quality and the customer service is trash. But the actual car itself... what it can do and what it is capable of, etc... is NOT trash. Yes... there is issues and extreme minorities in every brand. And those customers are more likely to be outspoken... its basic psychology.

I can defend Tesla aaaaaaaaand still completely understand ones anger and frustration (lord knows Id feel the same way if it were me). And no its not drinking the koolaid as one person tried claiming. Its coming into this with a logical mindset.

Nobody should be accusing you of making it up. My stance I have had this entire time is that your guys's issues are RARE. Even if there is 20 posts on something... that is still extremely rare considering all the vehicles delivered. You guys are in a very very very very very extreme minority.

So for people to call Teslas trash... hahaha excuse me but No.... They are not. The build quality and the customer service is trash. But the actual car itself... what it can do and what it is capable of, etc... is NOT trash. Yes... there is issues and extreme minorities in every brand. And those customers are more likely to be outspoken... its basic psychology.

I can defend Tesla aaaaaaaaand still completely understand ones anger and frustration (lord knows Id feel the same way if it were me). And no its not drinking the koolaid as one person tried claiming. Its coming into this with a logical mindset.

Isn't the build quality an integral part of the car itself? Mine is absolutely trash and cannot even be driven. I would never have said the same thing about the three Model S's that I owned though.

Unfortunately what happened to you is part of the extreme minority. But you said yourself the three other cars you had were great… Kind of makes my point for me.

Are you ignoring the point he made before where his statement of "trash" applies to his experience? You're the one that has projected what he's saying to apply to Tesla in general.

Me on the otherhand, I say Tesla is trash. Because it doesn't matter how good the vehicle tech is... the Tesla service is abhorrent. And I personally believe service is a significant part of vehicle ownership. So, I will call Tesla trash.

As the adage goes... If you have a gallon of ice cream and you add a spoonful of s***, then you have a gallon of s***.

Remember, I'm the a-hole terrible human being who makes dumb-azz comments because as the mods know, I'm a dumb-ass. @rpo is a good human being and was a faithful Tesla customer who got absolutely dumped on by Tesla for seemingly no reason. He is not an a-hole, but he has been treated very badly by Tesla.

• Love
Reactions: rpo and Genie
Me on the otherhand, I say Tesla is trash. Because it doesn't matter how good the vehicle tech is... the Tesla service is abhorrent. And I personally believe service is a significant part of vehicle ownership. So, I will call Tesla trash.
Okay…. Then why are you here? Lol. Is it such a deep hatred that you find joy in hanging around a Tesla group website to bash it at every corner? Seems exhausting but to each their own 🤷🏼‍♂️

Reactions: msm859
Okay…. Then why are you here? Lol. Is it such a deep hatred that you find joy in hanging around a Tesla group website to bash it at every corner? Seems exhausting but to each their own 🤷🏼‍♂️

I guess I'm just here to annoy you?

Just kidding. I'm here to influence any lurkers to rethink buying from Tesla since owning their products exposes the owner to Tesla's service personnel. But in the process it seems I annoy you as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: rpo and fishy21

Model X price cuts- yet again​

Is this still a valid discussion? Just asking because I'm trying to get the best number here at the end of the quarter and the last posts here seem to be off this subject. Anyone think they will deal more sometime this week? Sales rep told me possibly another $2500 drop when I was in on Tuesday.

Is this still a valid discussion? Just asking because I'm trying to get the best number here at the end of the quarter and the last posts here seem to be off this subject. Anyone think they will deal more sometime this week? Sales rep told me possibly another $2500 drop when I was in on Tuesday.

They already did some big end-of-quarter drops for vehicles in inventory. I saw $6k off a black 7 seater (not a demo unit) when I was taking a peek at their website. @maytaurustiger also posted some deal on a white unit.

Well I am still waiting for my MXP (ordered 6/7 and got my vin a couple days ago. Showing a delivery window from 6/22 to 7/1 right now…

But I was supposed to put $4,500 down. That’s what I approved in the terms. However it shows they actually owe me $700 now. (-$700). I was like “what the hell?”. So I looked at the numbers and not only is there a random $1,000 referral credit (I didn’t think used a referral link) but it also shows a -$5,000 “price adjustment” 😳.

Sooooooo instead of making a down payment Tesla owes me $700 for picking up the car lol. I assume it happened this way because I already confirmed financing terms prior? Was a nice surprise though…

Well I am still waiting for my MXP (ordered 6/7 and got my vin a couple days ago. Showing a delivery window from 6/22 to 7/1 right now…

But I was supposed to put $4,500 down. That’s what I approved in the terms. However it shows they actually owe me $700 now. (-$700). I was like “what the hell?”. So I looked at the numbers and not only is there a random $1,000 referral credit (I didn’t think used a referral link) but it also shows a -$5,000 “price adjustment” 😳.

Sooooooo instead of making a down payment Tesla owes me $700 for picking up the car lol. I assume it happened this way because I already confirmed financing terms prior? Was a nice surprise though…
I think that means they matched you with an in-inventory vehicle and thus gave you the $5k discount for inventory MXPs. Can't explain the referall credit, but maybe someone is doing you a favor (or do you already own a tesla?) maybe they automatically made you refere yourself.

I think that means they matched you with an in-inventory vehicle and thus gave you the $5k discount for inventory MXPs. Can't explain the referall credit, but maybe someone is doing you a favor (or do you already own a tesla?) maybe they automatically made you refere yourself.
That makes sense. Yes I do own a 2021 model 3 so perhaps they are doing me a solid and letting me refer myself.

As to being an inventory vehicle, is that a big deal either way? I’m hoping for HW4 and the matrix lights. Obviously not a deal breaker by any means but…

My delivery window just moved from 6/22-7/1 to 6/23-7/1. Wish they would just hurry up and call me to schedule already 😀