Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y has anyone received 2023 VIN yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, picked it up yesterday
  • Ordered 3/26/22 Black/Black Model Y LR with trailer hitch
  • Built in Austin 10/27/22 7SAYGDEE2PA, No ultrasonic sensors, parcel cover in back, 3 miles on the odometer
    Questions asked the Tesla rep
  • Does it have front/rear castings with structural battery?: No (as I expected)
  • Does it have the new softer suspension?: He did not know
  • What cameras? He said it has the new high resolution cameras
  • Does it have hardware 4.0 FSD computer? He did not know for sure, but thought it would since had better cameras
  • Does it have the matrix headlight? He said it did, but I do not think they are matrix. Pretty sure they are the standard lights
Overall immediate impression is it looks and drives great. We had a 2021 Model 3 Perf for 6 months before this Model Y. It was dark when I picked it up so will do a more thorough inspection in the daylight. Getting ceramic window tint and full front PPF this week.
IMG_1984.jpeg

Yes, picked it up yesterday
  • Ordered 3/26/22 Black/Black Model Y LR with trailer hitch
  • Built in Austin 10/27/22 7SAYGDEE2PA, No ultrasonic sensors, parcel cover in back, 3 miles on the odometer
    Questions asked the Tesla rep
  • Does it have front/rear castings with structural battery?: No (as I expected)
  • Does it have the new softer suspension?: He did not know
  • What cameras? He said it has the new high resolution cameras
  • Does it have hardware 4.0 FSD computer? He did not know for sure, but thought it would since had better cameras
  • Does it have the matrix headlight? He said it did, but I do not think they are matrix. Pretty sure they are the standard lights
Overall immediate impression is it looks and drives great. We had a 2021 Model 3 Perf for 6 months before this Model Y. It was dark when I picked it up so will do a more thorough inspection in the daylight. Getting ceramic window tint and full front PPF this week.View attachment 872424
Congrats on the pickup! Regarding the Matrix, can't you tell by just looking at the front headlight if there's a ball on the corner of the headlights? That or doing the lightshow and it showing up Tesla.

Reactions: Choncho and DC_Mike
What wheel covers are those? I see those on Ebay/Amazon but I'm struggling with just buying a particular set because they all look alike. Yours look good!
Yeah, I they look really nice and quality appears good. I added the Tesla sticker logos. Here are the links Wheel covers and Stickers
HANSSHOW Tesla Model Y Hubcap - 19 Inch 4PCS Model Y Hub Cap Replacement Tesla Wheel Caps Protector Cover Model Y Wheel Cover Kit Exterior Accessories - (Matte Black - 19") https://a.co/d/119do9R

Tesla Model X S 3 Y Center Cap Wheel Rim Logo T Emblem Decals Stickers 5 Pieces [Red] https://a.co/d/7o3sFE0

Haha, yeah, they don't research like we do unfortunately but it's okay, they just see it as a job but they do help keep the engine moving. What's your favorite part of the cart, initial impression.
Very smooth ride in comparison to the M3P we had for 6 months. Also like the extra room. In daylight we noticed the paint on the hood had very distinct ripples (lines left to right) the whole width of the hood in the paint toward the front and got better toward the back. Also a small dent. I took today and they’re getting us another hood. They were all pretty amazed. Said they had never seen that before. Looks like there was something malfunctioning during paint spray. You could actually feel the ripples with your hand.

Reactions: Choncho
Very smooth ride in comparison to the M3P we had for 6 months. Also like the extra room. In daylight we noticed the paint on the hood had very distinct ripples (lines left to right) the whole width of the hood in the paint toward the front and got better toward the back. Also a small dent. I took today and they’re getting us another hood. They were all pretty amazed. Said they had never seen that before. Looks like there was something malfunctioning during paint spray. You could actually feel the ripples with your hand.
Oh what? That's awesome that they are able to take care of you. Did you get the car back already or will you need to leave it with them?

Picked up today Nov.7 in Surrey, BC
Matrix Headlights- YES
Parcel Shelf- YES
USS- NO
New Cameras-NO
New Doortrims- YES

Car was great and no issues. Had front mud flaps, rear PPF and Goodyear All seasons installed.
Thanks for sharing, good package. I think the 5MP cameras are not a thing in MYLR production yet and I would rather not have USS as the covers are dorky and I am confident TeslaVision will deliver proximity soon and better in the long term. Very cool to have matrix lights, I hope it is a new thing as my Y will be a few weeks out.

I ordered a MYLR in Feb 22, converted to MYP in early November. Today received the email with the mobile connector code and then a text to schedule delivery. Just scheduled my delivery for next Thursday 11/17. VIN PF589XXX.

Oh what? That's awesome that they are able to take care of you. Did you get the car back already or will you need to leave it with them?
They’re ordering the hood so I the car back for now. When hood comes in I will come in to swap or they may come to our home. Not sure. Took back to window tint and PPF guy and they will do all but hood for now then will do PPF on new hood once installed. I’ll post pics of the paint issue when I get car back.

They’re ordering the hood so I the car back for now. When hood comes in I will come in to swap or they may come to our home. Not sure. Took back to window tint and PPF guy and they will do all but hood for now then will do PPF on new hood once installed. I’ll post pics of the paint issue when I get car back.
Nice. I'm thinking about doing some PPF but have to figure out when/how long they'll be holding the car for before I can schedule it in. Might just do the front bumper for now and DIY the lower rear passenger. I installed some mud guards/flaps yesterday and really liking the look of it. The cheapy looking molding matches well with cheapy looking aftermarket parts, haha.