Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y has anyone received 2023 VIN yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYP + Tow + Red/Black in PNW

Timeline:
10/1: OD
10/15: 2022 VIN assigned - NF570XXX
10/26: Rejected for 2023 VIN
11/3: Back in queue
11/8: 2023 VIN assigned - PF600XXX
11/12: Picked up at Tesla delivery center (6 miles on odometer)

Specs:
USS: No - no waiver during any part of process. Checked a few MYLR/MYP on the lot - NF or PF586 has USS, but not PF589 or above.
Cargo Shelf: Yes
Michelin Tires: Yes
New Cam: No
Front mud flaps + rear PFF: Yes

Issues:
1. Scratches on the top of driver side mirror housing
2. A couple of smudges on headliner
3. A few paint bubbles on cargo door ledge above license plate
4. Cargo door lift struct noise when closing
Scheduled service to follow up

Question:
Do front door pockets have liners? Back door pockets have but not the front ones
They do not. I bought these for mine, Topfit for Tesla Model Y Door Side Storage Box Door Handle Car Door Organizer Tray Protector (Rubber)Model Y Accessories(2PCS) Amazon.com

Timeline:

Specs:
USS: No - no waiver during any part of process. Checked a few MYLR/MYP on the lot - NF or PF586 has USS, but not PF589 or above.

Issues:

Question:
Do front door pockets have liners? Back door pockets have but not the front ones
My front doors did not have liners.
Question for you though - where in the PNW did you pick up? I picked up in Seattle last week and they did not include mud flaps or PPF.

My front doors did not have liners.
Question for you though - where in the PNW did you pick up? I picked up in Seattle last week and they did not include mud flaps or PPF.
Also Seattle. Probably a hit and miss thing. My friend got a 22 MYP a couple of months back in Seattle with cargo cover but no mud flaps/PPF. The cars on lot I saw yesterday all have mud flaps/PPF.

2023 Tesla MYLR
OD 4/17/2022 MSM
Updated 5/30/2022 (change to DBM)
62990 +1000 tow +1000 DBM
Original EDD: Dec 2022-April 2023
VIN 10/30/2022, EDD Nov 8-17
Delivery KC MO State Line Rd: 11/10/2022
Austin: PA026xxx
DBM/Black
5 seat
Tow
No FSD
19” Gemini
Conti ProContact RX All Season tires
4 miles at delivery
Delivered with 2022.28.400, no update yet

USS: No
Did not receive “No USS” waiver at any point from order through delivery

New cameras: No
New comfort suspension: AFAICT Yes (re:ride quality compared to my old M3)
Cargo cover/shelf: Yes
Matrix headlights: No
Wraparound wood trim dash>door: Yes
J1772>Tesla adapter in trunk left side bin
$200 coupon code for UMC / ordered

Sold 20M3SR+ 20k miles to local Chevy dealer $39k (Tesla trade in offer was 25k-28k, Carvana/CarMax were around 30-32)

Anything else I missed?

Was night and raining at delivery so couldn’t really inspect paint. Very minor gaps/panel misalignments here and there but overall good. Will do full walk around at home today. But other than that, amazing smooth car and the 3 hour drive home on AP in the rain was perfect.
I didn’t think about the Monroney sticker until I got home - it’s not in the car anywhere. Not a big deal, but can any Tesla gallery produce a reprint for me?

And the keycard packet had my option codes on there, see pic. I understand everything except “Body: BY03”.

According to:

…it means “Safety Net Body”.

Does that mean that I have neither a front nor rear single piece casting, or they both are?

Attachments

• F275D4DF-3E88-474B-8CB9-F22D964B72AD.png
    F275D4DF-3E88-474B-8CB9-F22D964B72AD.png
    292.5 KB · Views: 139
  • 142AB7F8-09D0-47EF-8B32-01A6A2FF9578.jpeg
    142AB7F8-09D0-47EF-8B32-01A6A2FF9578.jpeg
    435.6 KB · Views: 88

Timeline:

Specs:

Issues:

Question:
Mine only have them in the rear doors, 2023

I took delivery of my model Y long range 5-seater on November 12th in Oakville. White exterior and black interior. Cargo shelf and matrix head lights. Fremont 2023. There is a scratch on the cover of the front driver headlight and also a paint scratch on the panel nearby. I am thinking a rock scratched the headlight and then chipped the car paint as well. They will be replacing the cover of the light. As for the paint chip, I am not sure if it’s worth fixing at the auto shop they recommend. I’m getting PPF Stealth on the whole car…i dropped the car off right after delivery so they can do it and They will leave the panel where the scratch is for now. But like I said I read some posts online from before saying the repair paint chips are worse and more noticeable afterward. Anyone has any experience in this?
E2728D2C-E193-4E02-8CDE-65ADA505793D.jpeg

Attachments

• B2CDF59C-27A3-4F51-ADD6-39DDC094B937.jpeg
    B2CDF59C-27A3-4F51-ADD6-39DDC094B937.jpeg
    225.1 KB · Views: 85
I took delivery of my model Y long range 5-seater on November 12th in Oakville. White exterior and black interior. Cargo shelf and matrix head lights. Fremont 2023. There is a scratch on the cover of the front driver headlight and also a paint scratch on the panel nearby. I am thinking a rock scratched the headlight and then chipped the car paint as well. They will be replacing the cover of the light. As for the paint chip, I am not sure if it’s worth fixing at the auto shop they recommend. I’m getting PPF Stealth on the whole car…i dropped the car off right after delivery so they can do it and They will leave the panel where the scratch is for now. But like I said I read some posts online from before saying the repair paint chips are worse and more noticeable afterward. Anyone has any experience in this? View attachment 874446
Really depends how much it bothers you. I had a similar chip (A few actually) on mine and it is going to take them 1 week to get it fixed. I'm picking it up this week so we'll see how good/bad it looks. My car is Midnight Silver Metallic so the white chip does stand out.

Accepted delivery on11/12. Car was in excellent condition. PF590 so yes 2023 10/22 build. Most likely 10/20-10/28. Order date 11/16/2021.
Matrix: No
Cargo cover:Yes
New cameras: No (They don't look different) SA in text said they were new style, they know very little.
New style door trim: Yes
Carpet on back seat lower rear seatbelt area: Yes
New style rear seat: No
Dual jet wiper spray: Yes
Comfort ride: Yes
Spent yesterday adding accessories and today prepping and then ceramic coating the entire car, paint, trim, glass (including roof)!
Also removed wheel covers and added Tesla center caps and lugnut covers.

First service appointment is in December for the notoriuos whine at 45-65.

Accepted delivery on11/12. Car was in excellent condition. PF590 so yes 2023 10/22 build. Most likely 10/20-10/28. Order date 11/16/2021.
New cameras: No (They don't look different) SA in text said they were new style, they know very little.
Spent yesterday adding accessories and today prepping and then ceramic coating the entire car, paint, trim, glass (including roof)!

P or LR?

Wow need photos of your car!

Wow, congrats! What accessories did you get?

Longe range.
I added mats every where, cargo cubby bins and covers, center console oranizers, glove box organizer, screen protector, Tesla tire repair kit, sun screen (two piece, no sag), lifting pucks, EV Offer frunk automation, Tesla tag frame, mud flaps, front cup holder inserts, under front seat draws, storage bin behind rear console, etc.

Reactions: Qizhi and Steven_H