Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Loose Coolant Valve Disabled Car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was driving my Model Y when all of a sudden, I got an error saying regenerative breaking temporarily reduced and then vehicle shutting down and a few other errors; I was unable to get the car into drive again. The car was towed into Tesla and their Service advisor told me it is related to firmware and a fix won't be out for a while. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem. I am sorry for not giving the firmware version, but I can't access it because it's in service

Attachments

• IMG_0153.jpg
    IMG_0153.jpg
    470 KB · Views: 191
  • Informative
Reactions: firerock
When you car is in service they don’t show the firmware version. I just figured I would I asked the question because it doesn’t seem like It’s a firmware issue. This issue happened 20 minutes after I left the service center which is kinda of crazy

The car was towed into Tesla and their Service advisor told me it is related to firmware and a fix won't be out for a while.
What's "a while?" If this was a firmware problem with a new version, this site and the tesla.com fora would be teeming with reports.

I would get a lot more insistent with the Service Center; escalate to the SvC manager.

I sure hope they gave you a nice loaner.

Reactions: jwuwu
What's "a while?" If this was a firmware problem with a new version, this site and the tesla.com fora would be teeming with reports.

I would get a lot more insistent with the Service Center; escalate to the SvC manager.

I sure hope they gave you a nice loaner.
The service manager was the one who dropped the loaner car off when I was stuck he Was the one who said it was a firmware thing. But what confuses me is if this bug can you disable your entire car why would they not put it out sooner

The service manager was the one who dropped the loaner car off when I was stuck he Was the one who said it was a firmware thing. But what confuses me is if this bug can you disable your entire car why would they not put it out sooner

Well, I can tell you of a time when I had a camera apparently fail and the SvC said it was hardware. But the tech forced a deep sleep and all-system reboot and the camera is just fine (that was 2 years ago). Point is, sometimes you don't get correct information about the root cause.

They should be able to try an all-system reboot to see if the problem goes away (suggests, but does not guarantee, software) or the issues remain (suggests, but does not guarantee, hardware).

• Informative
Reactions: TonyT
Well, I can tell you of a time when I had a camera apparently fail and the SvC said it was hardware. But the tech forced a deep sleep and all-system reboot and the camera is just fine (that was 2 years ago). Point is, sometimes you don't get correct information about the root cause.

They should be able to try an all-system reboot to see if the problem goes away (suggests, but does not guarantee, software) or the issues remain (suggests, but does not guarantee, hardware).
I hope it’s just a simple firmware thing but it was just really coincidental that this issue happened right after it was in service. I never had these type of firmware issues with my M3

I just got a call from the service center and they informed me that the coolant valve was not attached all the way. I hope that it did not damage my battery pack. It's kind of funny how they said it was a firmware issue first. I bet they forgot to reattach it or something at the service center.

I just got a call from the service center and they informed me that the coolant valve was not attached all the way. I hope that it did not damage my battery pack. It's kind of funny how they said it was a firmware issue first. I bet they forgot to reattach it or something at the service center.
I doubt it damaged your battery. The errors you were getting were put in place to protect the battery, I would assume.

Reactions: glide
Unfortunately the market won't let them slow down. Any blip and the shorts go crazy. This was also an important quarter. If they turn a profit, they will get included in the S&P500. Huge boost for the stock if that happens.

If they are profitable it would make them eligible but it in no way guarantees they will be included. With how volatile TSLA is and how Musk himself like to manipulate the shares I expect they will pass over TSLA at the moment.

IMHO Musk should worry alot less about the shorts and focus on putting out a quality car and the stock price will take care of itself. Shorts can and will come at any stock price but once you deliver a crappy quality product you have probably lost a customer for good. And bad recommendations last alot longer than good ones.