Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Not Worth the Price Now [Nov 2022]

Is the Current Price on the MY LR Overpriced?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
By running their factories at full capacity and optimizing the production line by minimizing switches via concentrating production on a smaller number of configurations.
a) this is a lot of buzzwords
b) analysts already baked healthy volume output increases from their factories into the projections for 2023; but at higher prices than before yesterday
c) Tesla stock is already down (6%) at open and read WSJ / Financial Times etc to get out of the "market share will explode" nonsense bubble

b) analysts already baked healthy volume output increases from their factories into the projections for 2023; but at higher prices than before yesterday
c) Tesla stock is already down (6%) at open and read WSJ / Financial Times etc to get out of the "market share will explode" nonsense bubble
A) they’re buzzwords to those who don’t understand the words
B) and? Where are these projections reflected? What’s the ratio of price to projected earnings?
C) short term stock price fluctuations are driven by sentiment rather than fundamentals. “Explode” is your word, not mine.

A) they’re buzzwords to those who don’t understand the words
B) and? Where are these projections reflected? What’s the ratio of price to projected earnings?
C) short term stock price fluctuations are driven by sentiment rather than fundamentals. “Explode” is your word, not mine.
Exactly. Just like some of the recent drop is due to Elon revealing more of his dark side while running Twitter. And Elon has ALWAYS said that tesla's market share will drop as more competitors come on board, and he was okay with that. I couldn't care less about market share as long as sales increase every year and profit margin per car is still high.

So I have a 2020 Model Y that I leased (only car mistake I have made) with a car cost of $55k... The same car today is $71k with less features. In my opinion the Y is no longer worth the money. At this price a lot of cars compete for the money! Do you think the MY LR is overpriced? If Yes or No, Why?
So.

Is it still overpriced? 😁

which is still awful news for the stock.

Wall Street expected Tesla to sell all their cars they make in 2023 ... they still do expect that but the price for the cars sold just got much lower.... hurting EPS
Jim Cramer just gave Tesla the Kiss Of Death and touted how he wants an EV from any of the other automakers. I just loaded up on more TSLA #InverseCramer

Even tesla damn well knew it was overpriced as hell glad people can get it at a price point it should be for the next 3 months
The current price is the price the only thing that will change is the rebate $$ if you read the disclaimer. But the reality that a lot of people don't want to admit is Tesla uses market-based pricing, much like airlines do. Will the price go up probably not since the reduction was on all models, a Plaid S is now $114K. Also I don't see the IRS changing the classification from car to SUV.

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
how are they magically going to produce MORE cars than they already projected for 2023 ? is there a secret factory coming online investors don't know about?
I don't expect them to produce more than 2M for 2023, tbh. I don't know where industry prognosticators had them, but this seems the most realistic estimate based upon their model lineup and production capability. I don't think they need any additional factories to get to ~3M annually in 2024.

Were the analysts correct to be confident that Tesla could sell every car at those higher prices? Maybe still true in 2023, but the competition is starting to build production volume.

Status
Not open for further replies.