Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another shift in the EDD. So far this week it has been mid July, Late June and now early September. I realise things are up in the air but FFS really!?

The anticipation of getting this car has completely gone now. Maybe it worse for me as I am getting the car through Tusker which adds another cog to the very complicated process.

Is there any hope of VINs coming out in the near future or should I reside myself to wating another couple of months?

Check out MrMs last report -> 2022 Shipping Movements

I'm not expecting Tesla to ship any further cars to EU/UK from Shanghai until July for August arrival/delivery.

@Nd4me I feel there has been more VINs allocated to TMC members in the last day or two than there was a week or so ago to be cancellations? I suppose it doesn't matter where there coming from as long as they keep coming and we all get our cars!

There doesn't seem to be enough VINs being allocated for a full ships worth.

Reactions: Wattsisname
Thank you. And I do hope that your EDD improves soon.

Now then....SWMBO asks, having read the thread, are all Tesla buyers so nice or is it just the ones on the Teslamotorsclub. I said , don't be fooled; give it another month of buyers apparently getting their Ys out of sequence and ....
...armageddon will ensue:eek:
Likewise pleased to see you get your VIN and thanks for your regular contributions. I am sure you will be leaving the forums of the ‘wistful’ once you have a car to work with (play in!)

Brilliant link @Frizzy. Just got a VIN🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🤶 = Many Christmases at once.

However, I noticed "esignStatus:Null". Should I be worried. (when I was fitter I worried for England at Olympic level)

Also, I notice the Manufacturer I.D. is LRW, as you suggested it would be, and not 5JY.......but

....am I bovered!?!😁
Really happy for you!!
Here I thought you would be a great waiting companion for our pushed-to-Q3 deliveries class but I’m starting to feel alone in the club 😀
Enjoy the summer drive on the continent!

Another shift in the EDD. So far this week it has been mid July, Late June and now early September. I realise things are up in the air but FFS really!?

The anticipation of getting this car has completely gone now. Maybe it worse for me as I am getting the car through Tusker which adds another cog to the very complicated process.

Is there any hope of VINs coming out in the near future or should I reside myself to wating another couple of months?
Hang in there. My MY's EDD journey began with in May/June and found its way to September/October.
Last evening , in a fit of home sickness it returned the June.
As through to confirm its intention to bide a while, it gave us a VIN number this morning.

Of course, the experiences related here by other members, from their homes or locations of confinement for their own and the safety of others,
suggests that EDD might go walk about again. So, keep the faith.

Now then... SWMBO asks: To whom do I refer when I caution that it aint over until the buxom chanteuse fills her ample lungs and chants!

Likewise pleased to see you get your VIN and thanks for your regular contributions. I am sure you will be leaving the forums of the ‘wistful’ once you have a car to work with (play in!)
Thank you too.

If, as and when, I get hold of MY playpen, I will be keeping and eye on the Class of 22 and offering encouraging words like ...
....Don't fret, it will be an anticlimax!:eek:. No! Not really. But I will keep in touch and I look forward to a great Supercharger meet with the the Class of 22:cool:

Really happy for you!!
Here I thought you would be a great waiting companion for our pushed-to-Q3 deliveries class but I’m starting to feel alone in the club 😀
Enjoy the summer drive on the continent!
Thank you for those kind wishes.
It has not happened yet. But as and when, I will still be keeping in touch.
Also, your wayward EDD may well come back too - I do hope so.

Got the below update for my scheduled delivery in September.

4642AC05-FE65-4635-9D05-82E5EEC6CAD7.jpeg

Reactions: RCMY and Daedalus

I also had the same from Tusker this week. Monday update in EDD from July to August, yesterday September. Spoke to Tesla and they say Aug - Oct so seems like they're sitting in the middle nicely! Ordered 28/3 MSM Black 20s - Looking at others delivery dates, looks like I'm a week or two off the recent VIN allocation.

Just when I think I wont watch this space anymore to try to calm my stress levels, I sneak a look, see people mentioning VIN allocation again, and then back on it thinking just maybe I'm next!!🤦‍♂️

Reminder to fill in the form here:
Tesla EDD

And look at the table of orders in real time here:
I am probably at fault here but I have not been able to update the form; it's read only. With such a volatile rollercoaster of EDDs, we will need to update
from time to time.

A great job creating the form and producing the stats.
Thank you

Now then....did that qualify as a mixed metaphor; can a rollercoaster be volatile? SWMBO says STOP! Before I disappear up my own fundament and she is taken into care. An over reaction I would have thought... but who am I to judge....in matters of my mental health.

P.S. I wonder how long it will be before someone in that most litigious of nations, the USA, sues Tesla for the metal strain and unconscionable anxiety,
cause by their ever evolving EDDs. We are different here, we think it's a hoot..........don't we?:cool:

Last edited:
Based on so much drama since getting on this roller coaster, I can imagine they will want to smash Q3 out the park as Giga Shanghai is ramping up, so they could in theory have a stream of ships arriving from August onwards while a good chunk of us are away... that will be sooo annoying! 😒
Got the below update for my scheduled delivery in September.

View attachment 814515

Reactions: Pajo78
Given Tesla aims to deliver in the last 2 months of each financial quarter, the Aug/Sep delivery window really isn't new news to anyone, right?
Agree not new news! But assuring customer a delivery timeline of Aug-sept is better than EDD displaying it as Sept-Oct!
Live chat just told me I ordered my White MYLR at the start of January..... I ordered it the 1st April. However I no longer have an EDD but my order is eligible to be matched. Now that is confusing.
Hope you get it in this quarter!