Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another shift in the EDD. So far this week it has been mid July, Late June and now early September. I realise things are up in the air but FFS really!?

The anticipation of getting this car has completely gone now. Maybe it worse for me as I am getting the car through Tusker which adds another cog to the very complicated process.

Is there any hope of VINs coming out in the near future or should I reside myself to wating another couple of months?
There is always hope (misguided though that might be) as assigned orders might not be able to take delivery before the end of the month. That could be due to afforability issues, simple change of mind or unavoidably being away and not able to accept delivery. I don't know whether the Tusker system is set up in such a way that your order might benefit from a last-minute availability, but it's not over until the calendar hits July...

Reactions: Daedalus
Brilliant link @Frizzy. Just got a VIN🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🤶 = Many Christmases at once.

However, I noticed "esignStatus:Null". Should I be worried. (when I was fitter I worried for England at Olympic level)

Also, I notice the Manufacturer I.D. is LRW, as you suggested it would be, and not 5JY.......but

....am I bovered!?!😁
Excellent ! Don't worry about anything else as long as you've got that VIN.

LRW = Shanghai, 5YJ is Fremont. You are bovvered, because Fremont cars are simply not as well built as Shanghai ones.

Reactions: Wattsisname
Congrats to whoever snatched an MSM MYLR ex-demo FSD on Tesla website in less than 11secs... boy, you were fast...
I drove that one! I also proper thrashed it around so consider it well "worn in" (yes yes I know ev's don't need to be worn in but you get my drift).

Congrats to whoever that was, you were faster than I drove your car the quarter mile up the Bluewater onramp! (ok you get it, I thrashed the car :D)

Reactions: Toblerone
I drove that one! I also proper thrashed it around so consider it well "worn in" (yes yes I know ev's don't need to be worn in but you get my drift).

Congrats to whoever that was, you were faster than I drove your car the quarter mile up the Bluewater onramp! (ok you get it, I thrashed the car :D)
I drove that one also a month or so ago around Bluewater haha. Filmed the wife on karaoke. Cracking car. Congrats to whoever got it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Toblerone
It’s really frustrating as we actually need 2 x 4 seater cars currently and now only have one so ferrying kids around is a nightmare and we don’t want to buy another car in the meantime as knowing our luck we will do that and then the Tesla will arrive! Just wish they hadn’t chased us up to then change the EDD 😡
Pretty much our scenario but I decided to keep our cars until the deed was done.

I'm waiting to see how it plays out with the 18k refund, if they carry on messing me around will cancel the order once it's sorted . Alternatively, if something odd happens and I get a delivery slot shortly they can keep hold of the 18k.

I'm starting to see the shortcomings of the Tesla order experience, it seems slick at first but
Yup - blank EDD here!
Still blank after 3 days, don't suppose anyone wants to cancel a Red Model Y with 20" to help me out? Preferably Southampton pickup 🤣

I will stop moaning about them refunding my 18k also then

• Funny
Reactions: busterboy
Pretty much our scenario but I decided to keep our cars until the deed was done.

I'm waiting to see how it plays out with the 18k refund, if they carry on messing me around will cancel the order once it's sorted . Alternatively, if something odd happens and I get a delivery slot shortly they can keep hold of the 18k.

I'm starting to see the shortcomings of the Tesla order experience, it seems slick at first but

Still blank after 3 days, don't suppose anyone wants to cancel a Red Model Y with 20" to help me out? Preferably Southampton pickup 🤣

I will stop moaning about them refunding my 18k also then
🤞 a few more people cancel and we get matched!