Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Vanarama rang, delivery date has changed from end of July to 30th June :D

Guess who's gonna be "working from home" that day.
Now I'm getting excited. Vanarama have given me a July date, but I'm hoping to get a bit more detail around that soon. I'll accept the 1st! 🤣

Just a quick question to people who have recently received their cars - are the rear windows now double glazed? I generally can find everything I need via the search (hence this being my first comment), but I can't seem to find details of this anywhere.

Now I'm getting excited. Vanarama have given me a July date, but I'm hoping to get a bit more detail around that soon. I'll accept the 1st! 🤣

Just a quick question to people who have recently received their cars - are the rear windows now double glazed? I generally can find everything I need via the search (hence this being my first comment), but I can't seem to find details of this anywhere.
Rear double-glazed on my April car. I thought all U.K. Model Ys had front and back double glazing.

Reactions: Toblerone
No it was a man and then a different chap (from Manchester) called me back and both were really helpful. Confirming tomorrow but all looking good for a pickup Thursday evening!
So all is not as good as it seems from yesterday.
Called Tesla as I hadn’t heard from them as promised by lunchtime. Appears that the man who told me I had been allocated the vehicle and confirmed my handover, didn’t actually allocate it to me and it has now potentially gone to someone else!
My current car goes in a week and they were a little speechless - he has gone away to escalate!

So all is not as good as it seems from yesterday.
Called Tesla as I hadn’t heard from them as promised by lunchtime. Appears that the man who told me I had been allocated the vehicle and confirmed my handover, didn’t actually allocate it to me and it has now potentially gone to someone else!
My current car goes in a week and they were a little speechless - he has gone away to escalate!
Oof. I hope that whatever way that goes, it goes your way.

Reactions: s88ats
I gave Tesla a call this morning to a talk about why those ordering later are getting matched be for i am, it went as expected but she was so nice I hung up smiling 😂

She was quite honest and confirmed what I already knew, there's obviously a lot more than just spec that gets you on the "list" She did say she'd put notes all over my account to say I can collect from anywhere and aty any time, not that I think it'll help.

Back to ordering accessories, there's still a few i need to order while crying on my keyboard!

Reactions: ME_UK and Perna
I gave Tesla a call this morning to a talk about why those ordering later are getting matched be for i am, it went as expected but she was so nice I hung up smiling 😂

She was quite honest and confirmed what I already knew, there's obviously a lot more than just spec that gets you on the "list" She did say she'd put notes all over my account to say I can collect from anywhere and aty any time, not that I think it'll help.

Back to ordering accessories, there's still a few i need to order while crying on my keyboard!
Feel like this is an “essential” accessory…

By the way, has anyone done any research on the additional weight all these ‘necessities’ have on range?

I must have a few kilos of unnecessary frunk & boot liners, console trays, tyre inflator kit, jack pucks etc slowing me down🤣🤣

Attachments

• D77F230C-29F1-4B71-AF8D-0F06CD2157DE.jpeg
    D77F230C-29F1-4B71-AF8D-0F06CD2157DE.jpeg
    504.7 KB · Views: 72
Reactions: beasty54
Feel like this is an “essential” accessory…

By the way, has anyone done any research on the additional weight all these ‘necessities’ have on range?

I must have a few kilos of unnecessary frunk & boot liners, console trays, tyre inflator kit, jack pucks etc slowing me down🤣🤣
Out of interest, what liners and floor mats did you go for? Ive seen loads, I don't know which ones to get

Out of interest, what liners and floor mats did you go for? Ive seen loads, I don't know which ones to get
I’ve been trying out various items from Tessories.uk for my M3 to see which might go in the wife’s MY?

Recently got their two tier boot storage organiser which is good as well as their frunk mat, the boot corner storage bin and some performance pedal covers..

I got them mostly because they were cheaper than most other sites selling similar. I’m not one for buying tat and usually believe higher cost = better value along the lines of buy cheap buy twice but these were cheap and decent enough for something mostly unseen.

As for the performance pedal covers, these are excellent and highly recommended.

Also bought a jack pad case as it was £4.45 and better than the original cardboard box they came in😂

All I could find in the search were comments from February where they weren't. Either way, good news and thanks for the response! 👍

I got mine in Feb. The fronts are double glazed and the rears are "double glazed" as well - depending on your definition of "double glazed".

The fronts are two layers of the same thickness glass and the rears are one layer of glass and one thinner layer of "acoustic glazing material". The second "acoustic" layer on the rears is a bit thinner but It's got a second layer of glazing there ! I guess its a bit like the screen protector on your phone! The front and rear double glazing is slightly different hence the confusion over; "are the rears double glazed or not?". They are all double glazed but its not quite the same on the front as the rear. (unless its been updated lately).

I presume all the cars delivered in June will all be like this, however maybe someone else who has collected in Jun can confirm if the rears are exactly the same as the fronts now?

I’ve been trying out various items from Tessories.uk for my M3 to see which might go in the wife’s MY?

Recently got their two tier boot storage organiser which is good as well as their frunk mat, the boot corner storage bin and some performance pedal covers..

I got them mostly because they were cheaper than most other sites selling similar. I’m not one for buying tat and usually believe higher cost = better value along the lines of buy cheap buy twice but these were cheap and decent enough for something mostly unseen.

As for the performance pedal covers, these are excellent and highly recommended.

Also bought a jack pad case as it was £4.45 and better than the original cardboard box they came in😂
Thanks for the link, had a quick look and they seemed to priced quite well. Just seen a disco ball… seems to be an accessory for everything!!

Do you guys carry around the blue type 2 cable around ?
Can’t believe how heavy it is !! Assuming I won’t need it if I use a SC anyway ??

Ours kind of just sits in the shallow rear under trunk area with the Granny charger for "emergencies" - but having the Tesla Gen 3 home charger and all the superchargers, we've never used any of those cables. Come to think of it, never used a supercharger in anger either, only once just to test it out for myself and the wife (a few weeks ago.)

I guess it all depends on your needs. If you don't have a home charger for whatever reason then you might need to carry it about if you don't live or work near a supercharger or are relying on the public charging network. Or you're going on holiday or a long journey somewhere remote.

Having a tethered charger a home (if you are able to) is a complete game changer. Can highly recommend the Tesla one for user ease.

Last edited:
I got mine in Feb. The fronts are double glazed and the rears are "double glazed" as well - depending on your definition of "double glazed".

The fronts are two layers of the same thickness glass and the rears are one layer of glass and one thinner layer of "acoustic glazing material". The second "acoustic" layer on the rears is a bit thinner but It's got a second layer of glazing there ! I guess its a bit like the screen protector on your phone! The front and rear double glazing is slightly different hence the confusion over; "are the rears double glazed or not?". They are all double glazed but its not quite the same on the front as the rear. (unless its been updated lately).

I presume all the cars delivered in June will all be like this, however maybe someone else who has collected in Jun can confirm if the rears are exactly the same as the fronts now?
Interesting! Not sure if that’s what I’m asking about or not now! 😂 Will be interesting to see if things have changed at all. Thanks!

• Funny
Reactions: Pete UK
The supplied carpet mats, carpet covering in the boot and trim in the cabin is actually very good - at the moment I see no need to accessorise anything, apart from a dog guard that fits nicely with the parcel
The supplied carpet mats, carpet covering in the boot and trim in the cabin is actually very good - at the moment I see no need to accessorise anything, apart from a dog guard that fits nicely with the parcel shelf 😳
I was thinking i might see how i get on with the carpet ones and then maybe upgrade. I’ll have to enforce no shoes rule 😁. Looks like your parcel shelf is headed for the shed