Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same spec and almost identical dates for me (13-May to 08-Jun) for NEC pickup. Is it me or does the end date difference of 1 day seem slightly bizarre? 😂
This is what I find the strangest thing. Everyone has different dates for similar specs, I have two the same spec on order and whilst I could see them on the account (before lease company took over the RN) they both had different dates one had 09 May-May 24 one had 13 May-09 June

That input is being done somewhere by someone or its an automatic system, but on what basis?

I can't see if the dates have changed yet as they've gone from our Tesla accounts until we can add them via the VIN

Just did first long trip from London to Devon in the MY. Didnt even need to stop for supercharging at all on the way there or back. Just used the 3pin mobile charger whilst down there which charged at 9-10mph and was enough for various day trips and enough to get us back to fully charged for journey home.

Our 3 kids remarked on how much more spacious it was in the back compared to our Model 3 and we were able to take our two dogs with us which previously was not possible in M3. Luggage space obviously big improvement over M3 including the deeper frunk.

Only gripe was ride quality over bad road surfaces. Despite dropping pressures to 42psi, it still felt it was quite harsh over pot holes etc and probably more so than the M3. We have 20" wheels but this felt like the springs/dampers are just too stiff. On smooth roads/ motorways the ride is perfect but just hope someone comes out with some softer aftermarket spring/damper setup which would make this close to a perfect family car.

Only gripe was ride quality over bad road surfaces. Despite dropping pressures to 42psi, it still felt it was quite harsh over pot holes etc and probably more so than the M3. We have 20" wheels but this felt like the springs/dampers are just too stiff. On smooth roads/ motorways the ride is perfect but just hope someone comes out with some softer aftermarket spring/damper setup which would make this close to a perfect family car.
They have

Reactions: blert
Folks, I ordered my MYLR , White/ Black with 19 wheels on 1st March. I was given a date of 24th May by the leasing company for home delivery. Got a call earlier today that the delivery may slip and new ETA would be between May and July, no actual dates mentioned. Now need to recalculate , How many more sleeps? Still trying to stay calm and hoping it’s still May and not July as I have a family road trip planned for the June platinum Jubilee bank holiday with MY in mind.

They have

There are also aftermarket air suspension options for the MY. I don't personally have any issues with the ride quality of mine on 20's - definitely on the firm side but that's just added incentive to pay attention to missing potholes 😁

Reactions: Mr H
Ordered MYLR, white on white, Gemini on March 10. EDD holding up to May 13 - June 8 after first delay by a couple of weeks. Eagerly hoping the car is built and just waiting to be on the yoyo in the next couple of days. If there’s no VIN by end of this week, I think I should treat the delay inevitable.

Picked up our blue model y on 20s a couple of weeks ago and very much enjoying it ..!

Noticed the undernoted issue at delivery and told that it would be sorted at service if reported via app. Just been told that it is within tolerance and will not be rectified.

Don’t think that is acceptable as it looks damaged to me …?

Has anyone else got similar issue or has a view?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• DE1096C5-0BDF-4037-A0B6-2F66F339A09F.jpeg
    DE1096C5-0BDF-4037-A0B6-2F66F339A09F.jpeg
    339.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 610BD6A0-12A7-478D-B4A6-75080227EE5C.jpeg
    610BD6A0-12A7-478D-B4A6-75080227EE5C.jpeg
    356.2 KB · Views: 54
  • D6F5595F-E86F-4451-834D-685BF5C3F7EA.jpeg
    D6F5595F-E86F-4451-834D-685BF5C3F7EA.jpeg
    334.2 KB · Views: 52
  • 5DC7B552-A4CC-4151-9336-223D50AA2348.jpeg
    5DC7B552-A4CC-4151-9336-223D50AA2348.jpeg
    386.9 KB · Views: 54
So, presumably Tesla have some UK Model Ys (not just RHD as there’s type approval for each area) built already that some lucky owners will get in the next few weeks? Then there will be a cut off point where we are waiting for the factory to start up and make cars again? The cut off point will not necessarily depend on the order date?

Is this a reasonable assumption?