Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Forza Finance is showing 4.99% APR compared to Tesla’s 3.99%. What made you choose Forza over a Tesla?

I went with a PCP.

Tesla’s PCP APR is 4.9%, GFV £19,247, monthly payment of £728. £6688 interest charges.

Forza’s PCP APR is 4.9%, GFV £27,914, monthly payment of £562.49. £7428.32 interest charges

A Tesla loan over 72 months hits 3.99% APR and £743 a month. £5990 charge for credit but I believe a Tesla loan has repayment restrictions whereas both PCP’s do not.

In my case I took the opportunity to optimise the monthly payment lower while still retaining the ability to settle well in advance of agreement end should I wish to. Putting the difference between the PCP payments away gets nearly £8k liberated for other uses than being stuck in a vehicle over the 48 month period, and the only risk is the GFV at the end of the period, which is a risk I am happy to shoulder.

Hope that helps!

Reactions: jazzpill
Same experience for me - last week I ordered MYLR blue with 19" wheels. and the configurator gave a September expectation but the account shows EDD 16th to 29th June.
Incidentally - the configurator only shows a date earlier than Sept for white or black cars with 20" rims. Seems like a ploy to persuade people into speccing £2100 wheels...
I ordered 20 inch black wheels when it said estimated May, but my EDD was June straight away. Then moved to May after a week. That is the other way around so I’m sure it’s not a ploy.

Reactions: delta0
I went with a PCP.

Tesla’s PCP APR is 4.9%, GFV £19,247, monthly payment of £728. £6688 interest charges.

Forza’s PCP APR is 4.9%, GFV £27,914, monthly payment of £562.49. £7428.32 interest charges

A Tesla loan over 72 months hits 3.99% APR and £743 a month. £5990 charge for credit but I believe a Tesla loan has repayment restrictions whereas both PCP’s do not.

In my case I took the opportunity to optimise the monthly payment lower while still retaining the ability to settle well in advance of agreement end should I wish to. Putting the difference between the PCP payments away gets nearly £8k liberated for other uses than being stuck in a vehicle over the 48 month period, and the only risk is the GFV at the end of the period, which is a risk I am happy to shoulder.

Hope that helps!
Nice one, thanks!

I was purely looking at the cash loan, but maybe PCP is something to consider.

Reactions: Utumno
Interesting to hear. Done it on several cars now, not had a problem.

When you sell it you will make a profit ('coz its will be on the books for £0) so that is then a profit, so basically you just have the use of the money for that period. Well ... in my case I bought another EV, so basically the "profit" was offset by the, bigger "loss" of replacement EV being more expensive than the trade-in was.

Maybe the people HMRC have challenged were "forgetting" to account for the Profit-on-sale? :rolleyes:
This is good info I appreciate it. I'm going to look into this a bit more.

I'm aware that if you produce board minutes highlighting pool cars can only be used for business and you write it into employment contracts, then this is all good supporting info if HMRC do come after you.

I have two company cars. Accountant said to put the Sprogs car on there as a third, so he was clearly happy with that. (Didn't do that as I think it stinks, but that doesn't mean to say it wouldn't have been ok with HMRC)

The BiK just means its a better deal than me buying a car personally.

Definitely not pool cars, nor "only for work", so these are just "company car perk" type Company Cars. At the time I did do 30K miles a year, but not any more post-COVID. Pleased to say that customers are now happy to chat with Zoom/etc. rather than require I waste a couple of hours driving to their office (probably isn't anyone there either!)

Yes, NEC collection.
I have the same time
B745C494-892C-4D56-AACC-ACCEB4B7A575.jpeg

I took my wife’s Tiguan R Line current shape (but pre face lift) out for a drive today, and the ride in it is definitely no smoother than my MY!

Pretty sure most of the motoring press said the Tiguan is pretty much the perfect family car when it came out, so I don’t know why they were so unhappy with the ride in the MY.
Mine pushed back 21 days to May 29 to June 26
Similar but May 28-June 25th.

Reactions: MashinBenzin
Not had a EDD from Tesla yet, but had a text this morning saying…

”We are still in the process of calculating delivery timescales…..As soon as a vehicle is assigned we will be in contact to make delivery arrangements.”

Does this mean delivery is imminent, or is it just a holding text?

Any guidance welcome from seasoned Tesla’ers. Thank you.

Not had a EDD from Tesla yet, but had a text this morning saying…

”We are still in the process of calculating delivery timescales…..As soon as a vehicle is assigned we will be in contact to make delivery arrangements.”

Does this mean delivery is imminent, or is it just a holding text?

Any guidance welcome from seasoned Tesla’ers. Thank you.
I've not had any texts at all since the initial order....