Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An update from the Shipping thread (for those of you who don't follow it)...

Looks like GLOVIS SPLENDOR may be headed to Koper, Slovenia if a certain Reuters article is to be believed. If this is the case, THEBEN may well be the first UK ship of Q2 -- ETA mid-June.
Not only Reuters -
@yicaichina in twitter has a post about it:
"Cargo ship Glovis Splendor carrying 4,767
@Tesla
electric vehicles departed from the Nangang terminal of the Port of Shanghai, heading towards the Port of Koper in Slovenia, making this the US EV maker's first export shipping since production resumed on April 19. "

According to @Mr Miserable GLOVIS SPLENDOR schedule estimate (prior to the news reports) the 07-June Southampton ETA seems to me to be too early for the EDDs that have been given in UK?
Not to early for me thanks. Think they could have it in Manchester for me 4 days after docking in Southampton.
My date has been holding firm since it was assigned.
Let’s just hope I’m not tempting fate!

Attachments

• 1C982C2A-1127-4518-8DAF-A602B4A2FBAC.jpeg
    1C982C2A-1127-4518-8DAF-A602B4A2FBAC.jpeg
    117.1 KB · Views: 101
According to @Mr Miserable GLOVIS SPLENDOR schedule estimate (prior to the news reports) the 07-June Southampton ETA seems to me to be too early for the EDDs that have been given in UK?
If I'm not mistaken (highly possible) this was only a prediction of the ships path and not confirmed by the shipping line?

I could literally just go back a few pages in the shipping thread to check what he said exactly but... ain't nobody got time for that! :D

Have I understood correctly: she is going to Slovenia with left hookers and not Southampton.
I think we know there are some LHD on board from photographs, which was always going to be the case even if Southampton was the first port of call it was not supposed to be the last one so that tells us nothing.
If the media reports are correct does going to Koper first necessarily mean it is not also going to Southampton afterwards? Koper is kinda on the way? I've taken bigger detours to a supercharger.

this was only a prediction of the ships path and not confirmed by the shipping line?

Yes, exactly that (as per my link). @Mr Miserable had a date for Suez and projected Southampton and Zeebrugge from that - to provide an ETA if it came our way.

If the media reports are correct does going to Koper first necessarily mean it is not also going to Southampton afterwards? Koper is kinda on the way? I've taken bigger detours to a supercharger.

@Mr Miserable thread on 2022 Shipping Movements is the knowledgebase for that type of info - i.e. whether ships to Koper ever come on to UK, or whether UK has only ever been those doing the Southampton / Zeebrugge route

Are potential Tesla owners the only ones who scrutinise shipping movements? Never come across this before with any other vehicle purchase. It was the same when I bought my Model 3 in 2019 and as I sit here impatiently waiting for the Model Y, it’s exactly the same. I find it hilarious :)
I've come out of a BMW - it was the same over on Bimmerpost, especially with the production delays of the last 12 months. Similar to here, people trying to second-guess BMW "genius" support on what's actually happening!

Reactions: ean36t
Are potential Tesla owners the only ones who scrutinise shipping movements? Never come across this before with any other vehicle purchase. It was the same when I bought my Model 3 in 2019 and as I sit here impatiently waiting for the Model Y, it’s exactly the same. I find it hilarious :)
:) So much about a Tesla is different including its acquisition and, according to Tesla sources, so are the pre and actual owners. As to the latter, the members here seem quite a diverse bunch but do all have one thing in common: they want their cars NOW!:)

I've come out of a BMW - it was the same over on Bimmerpost, especially with the production delays of the last 12 months. Similar to here, people trying to second-guess BMW "genius" support on what's actually happening!
When I ordered an Audi Q5 in 2017 it was the first batch of Mark 2s which were being made at their new factory in Mexico. Someone discovered that you could somehow track the ships and by they were somehow with the VIN. I managed to find out my VIN with some jiggery pokery from a web app someone had written where you enter your Audi order number, this then let me find the ship my car was on and track it - although the data always seemed to be about a week behind.

However, they were all being shipped to Germany first for “quality checks” which is where they went into a bit of a black hole.

The funny thing was, Audi UK were saying my car hadn’t even left Mexico on a ship and was still sitting on the quay waiting to be loaded, but my local Audi dealer said it was on the way and I would have it in two weeks. I collected it two weeks later.

Used to all this faffing around trying to second guess what’s going on as the back office / logistics systems run by manufacturers are completely different to the customer facing order / update systems.

I’ve felt a little left out with just TBC as an EDD for my MY but I suspect all the dates given out are just that at the moment until VINs are issued anyway.

This just goes to show that Tesla support just say absolutely anything. ( sorry Sunnie21) it’s an impossibility that you will be getting a car freshly built from China in May as no ships have set sail yet from Shanghai. It takes roughly 28 days to get to Southampton. Looks like first pick ups will be mid to late June
Yeah to be honest I wasn't expecting to receive it in May based on all the information people have been posting on here, I just wanted to share my experience with Tesla and what they are saying to customers... Fingers crossed for June.

Reactions: Sunderland boy
Are potential Tesla owners the only ones who scrutinise shipping movements? Never come across this before with any other vehicle purchase.
I pre-ordered the Kona Electric in 2018 via Hyundai Click-to-Buy and the process was remarkably similar to Tesla. Ordered online with a provisional date (Jan), they matched me to a car while it was en-route to the UK (updated ETA to Oct), they gave me the name of the ship, and I tracked it into Tilbury. 2 weeks after docking, the car was delivered to a local dealer for handover.

There is a bunch for forums across the internet for different car manufactures for tracking their ships.

I don't know many manufacturers producing from that far away. Most of them have factories here in the UK or Europe so not a lot to track / not even the transparency as you don't necessarily know which factory your car may be coming from.