Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thats me picked up this morning. Apparently they guy said there were about 15 pickups today and 30 for delivery. Had first slot of the day and there were about 3 other people picking up at the same time.

Pretty wet day so yet to fully inspect but I did notice internally that there seems to be a weird line on the steering wheel - right bang in the middle above the 'T' - it looks likes the leather(?) was folded at somepoint. Also seen a scratch mark on the driver side fabric pillar, sort of noticeable when you know, but otherwise blends in with the fabric.

Also, if you are about to pick up/accept delivery of a blue car from Glasgow, I would have a very good look at the rear bumper! Saw an employee in the distance (the Glasgow centre is on a hill overlooking the car park area) reverse it straight into a light post in the middle of the car park - it wobbled quite a bit at the top! Don't know if its heading out to a customer or what, but he had the hazards on to check before moving the car. It wasn't parked with the collection load anyways.

Have to say having issues connecting to wifi, will need to try again later...
People have reported need a steering wheel reset to connect to Wi-Fi

Picked up my Y today from Staines. Speaking to the guys there they said they are doing 120 collections a day and seeing 18 transporters a day arrive!

I did see they have a smart repair team on site (but hidden away) which i assume it to quickly fix any issues caused in transport. My car was flawless but very dirty (i did arrive extra early as i did not want them to 'clean it', but i did notice it seemed my front license plate holder had been scraped against something. didnt see any other damage thankfully but the chap just switched it out within a minute.

Although they will tell you to report any issues within 7 days on the app, i do highly recommend a thorough checkover of everything (including checking windows work etc and notifying the staff there whilst also taking pictures/videos as evidence.

Reactions: CheshireCheese
Seeking a bit of advice here. Suppose I do get lucky but Tesla calls me on 30th afternoon to say I have to collect by evening, then how do I arrange insurance? I probably won’t get the best rate when looking for immediate insurance, so I was wondering whether people go for the 7 day drive away insurance which car dealers offer (not sure if it is available to the general public) or do they just swallow up the high cost for one year?

Seeking a bit of advice here. Suppose I do get lucky but Tesla calls me on 30th afternoon to say I have to collect by evening, then how do I arrange insurance? I probably won’t get the best rate when looking for immediate insurance, so I was wondering whether people go for the 7 day drive away insurance which car dealers offer (not sure if it is available to the general public) or do they just swallow up the high cost for one year?
I don't think you'll be tied to a full year if you find a better price later - I've changed insurance mid-term many times because I didn't realise I'd renewed with an extortionate price or because I changed my car and the price was better elsewhere. You usually just get a refund for the portion of the year you haven't used. I'm sure there'll be an admin fee deducted but I don't think it'll be too bad.

Also, there's nothing to stop you shopping around in advance to find the company that gives the best price and line everything up so you're ready to hit the button when the car becomes available.

There is generally a 14 day cooling off period on insurance, unless you claim on it of course.

Reactions: oneear and danhicks
Interesting, thanks for that. So even with 6k miles on the clock it could still be classed as unused and therefore new and qualify for 100% FYA.
If sold by Tesla as a demo, yes.

But work out if you really want this. You'll get 100% FYA in year one but you'll pay back tax on whatever you sell it for at the end and thats likely to be at a higher CT rate that today. Your alternative is take the 18% or so allowance each year and then when you sell it the value on the company books will be much closer to the reality. At the end of the day, you only get tax releif on the depreciation of the car (plus the running costs). The 100% FYA is a tax flow benefit but with CT rates going up might be more than you saved.

I've also seen apps like Cuvva doing insurance by the hour, to get at least your car in the drive, then look for something proper once back home. 3 taps and 5 mins to set up on your phone!

Reactions: oneear
So after being added to “the list”, I just received a phone call from Tesla saying they have a car available for me to collect from Southampton on Thursday!!

Congrats! I went on the ‘list’ a few days before you. Same spec. I haven’t had a call yet :( although you ordered the day before me. Really hope I get a call.

I went to pick up my friends today from Staines. Jealous!