Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it's time to cancel the order, it's not on my nerves to wait that long. I'll buy something used. People have been ordering for months on end and have the vin and I am still waiting. I have been without a car for too long. I am sorry that I had such an experience with this company. Maybe one day I will try again. 😩😩
I completely understand the frustration. Your EDD is 5-30 September. From what I understand, it's very likely that this current batch of shipments will fulfil all the outstanding Feb/March/April/May orders. Q2 was a mess because of the lockdowns.

If it was me, I'd give it until the end of the month. I'd be surprised if you don't get a VIN by the end of the month. It's worth contacting Tesla to prod them about it given you've been waiting since March.

Look for second hand cars, but keep your RN for now.

I think it's time to cancel the order, it's not on my nerves to wait that long. I'll buy something used. People have been ordering for months on end and have the vin and I am still waiting. I have been without a car for too long. I am sorry that I had such an experience with this company. Maybe one day I will try again. 😩😩
Obviously it’s completely up to you with what you decide to do, but I’d hold off until this quarters shipments have all arrived, you never know someone with your spec could cancel and it’s handed off to you.

Hang on in there. I’d say our cars should be on the way now. We ordered in March too and have been without a family car since May after selling our BMW expecting a June delivery. Still no VIN or update from Tesla but I’d be very surprised if we don’t get ours next month. It’s within touching distance.

I think it's time to cancel the order, it's not on my nerves to wait that long.
Dude - I’m not going to persuade you one way or the other, but why would you cancel now?

You have an EDD for early next month and a suspected UK bound ship full of MY has just left Shanghai.

I get it, you had an EDD of June (so did I) but sh|t happens. If you get a car next month you will only have waited 6 months max, which given the state of the world seems not that bad.

Cancelling now is the definition of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

But do what’s right for you. ✌️

Dude - I’m not going to persuade you one way or the other, but why would you cancel now?

You have an EDD for early next month and a suspected UK bound ship full of MY has just left Shanghai.

I get it, you had an EDD of June (so did I) but sh|t happens. If you get a car next month you will only have waited 6 months max, which given the state of the world seems not that bad.

I agree with Toberlone, Fryto’s car has a very high chance of coming this Quarter than the next as it’s a commons spec white/black/20. Cancelling right before the time when VINs will start dishing is not what I’d do in his envious position. I Suspect some folks with OD of early June might get cars this Q especially if they are in the far South close to Southampton as it’s less hassle to transport theirs. The folks who need to be prepared for bad news are April/May MSM colour living in north England and Scotland as they get moved to Q4 “Them’s the breaks” and plenty earlier notes were posted that Shanghai don’t know how to do MSM 🎨

I agree. I’d say it’s more likely than not a VIN will be issued this month.

I get the annoyance. I had a late June EDD and naively rushed to get a Hypervolt fitted and weeks later it moved to September and even 2023 at one point.

6 months is a long time but in terms of ordering an EV it’s nothing. Those with Hyundai, BMW or VW orders would offer a kidney for a short 6 month wait.

I dimly remember seeing a link (somewhere on the TMC forums but I can't seem to find it) for a consolidated UK order spreadsheet where one could enter one's own order information to see how the fates have rolled the dice in comparison to similar orders. Does anybody remember the link?

I dimly remember seeing a link (somewhere on the TMC forums but I can't seem to find it) for a consolidated UK order spreadsheet where one could enter one's own order information to see how the fates have rolled the dice in comparison to similar orders. Does anybody remember the link?
Frizzys Database - link to it from the link below...

Reactions: WellEngineered
Your delivery is potentially less than 30 days away. This decision feels impulsive. Hold on this Q, then in the unlikely event you don't get a vin in the next week or so... Then it makes more sense to have a re-think.

Now that Glovis companion is on her way, when should we start getting VINs showing up in source code so I can set my alarm for that? It seems this has started happening earlier with more recent deliveries. Also, Perhaps we need a non financial prize for the first suspected Companion VIN- my bet is it will be MYLR/White/Black/20 Bluewater on Thursday evening 11th August.

Reactions: WllXM
Fryto, admit it - and we've all been there before - you were beyond the tipsy point at midnight when you posted this.. you will wake up this morning, slightly groggy, and after a nice English breakfast and cuppa tea, you'll come on here and read the messages of people encouraging you not to cancel and you'll be invigorated to hold on another week!

We're all (mostly) in the same boat (side note: I just love how all these everyday shipping puns are so apt for this delivery thread!) and we'll all encourage each other to get through the pains of this waiting period. You can do it!

Fryto, admit it - and we've all been there before - you were beyond the tipsy point at midnight when you posted this.. you will wake up this morning, slightly groggy, and after a nice English breakfast and cuppa tea, you'll come on here and read the messages of people encouraging you not to cancel and you'll be invigorated to hold on another week!

We're all (mostly) in the same boat (side note: I just love how all these everyday shipping puns are so apt for this delivery thread!) and we'll all encourage each other to get through the pains of this waiting period. You can do it!
Had too much to drink last night, bought a load of crap on eBay, texted my ex, posted on TMC and cancelled my Model Y order.
FML.
-Fryto probably

Anyone see movements on their MYLR 19" order? I haven't got any meaningful update sitting on my 19" order done on March, but I see there're several people with 20" orders seeing updates even when they ordered couple months later than me, and that sucks.

Now that Glovis companion is on her way, when should we start getting VINs showing up in source code so I can set my alarm for that? It seems this has started happening earlier with more recent deliveries. Also, Perhaps we need a non financial prize for the first suspected Companion VIN- my bet is it will be MYLR/White/Black/20 Bluewater on Thursday evening 11th August.
It's pretty much binary at this point. Either I get my VIN from Companion next week, or it means my car isn't on it and at this point I can rage quit and cancel like Fryto...

Reactions: Human_
Anyone see movements on their MYLR 19" order? I haven't got any meaningful update sitting on my 19" order done on March, but I see there're several people with 20" orders seeing updates even when they ordered couple months later than me, and that sucks.
The 20s movement was largely backwards as @QuanTim will vouch. That’s what really sucks.

Your EDD has held like mine. I’ve ordered 20’s and was convinced the 19s were coming first, so the grass is always greener.

I’d say no news is good news and hold tight for a VIN.

Reactions: NP90 and QuanTim
Hey Fryto, I suggest you hang in there and once a whole bunch of us get chewed up again end of next week you can lead the victim support group. The rage will be immense when June orders get VINs and we’re all screwed with our march, April and early May orders. According to others they suspect you know a good watering hole for us to meet up and console each other.

Hey Fryto, I suggest you hang in there and once a whole bunch of us get chewed up again end of next week you can lead the victim support group. The rage will be immense when June orders get VINs and we’re all screwed with our march, April and early May orders. According to others they suspect you know a good watering hole for us to meet up and console each other.
There’s a non-zero chance that I’ll also be chewed up and spat out by the Tesla EDD machine and joining the Q3 victims support group (or, rather more aptly, the violin club). I hope we’ll all be lucky enough to make it through!